I’m new to the whole costume making thing :/

Hi Paul and welcome to FISD.  just one question.

Have you already purchased an Stormtrooper armor kit ?

If you haven't done , take a read to this thread 

If you have purchased an armor kit, It would be great to know which one is it, this way we can guide you better.  

We are here to help. :salute:

There is no particular instruction book, but lots of references and videos on YouTube for learning. I'm only a few months in to my very first armor build and I can tell you that the community here is incredible and will answer any and every question you have! 

• Like 1

Hi Paul,

Welcome aboard!!

Great links and advice from the guys above. The list of vendors is definitely helpful. Before you spend any hard earned cash, feel free to post here and we’ll happily give you advice.

If you want to get a feel for how a stormtrooper suit is built, I’d suggest a could of different build tutorials. They’ll give you a really good idea of how to trim the plastics, gluing, snaps/poppers, elastics and strapping, all sorts.

First and foremost, before you start on your build, I’d check out this website and learn more about the original screen used props: http://www.starwarshelmets.com/stormtrooper_helmets_armor_and_costumes.htm

Build tutorials -

RS Prop Masters:

RWA Creations:

Once you’ve got a good idea of the build progress, feel free to check out my videos which go into the finer details:

Best wishes
Dan

Hello and welcome. You came to the right place, and it looks like you are already getting some great advice. Have fun on your armor building journey. It really is fun. 

• Like 1