Greetings from Colorado

Hello all, following a lot of research into what role I’d like to take on in the 501st I have decided to be a TK. I met my first Stormtrooper at an event at a local grocery store when I was roughly nine years old. From that time I’ve been fascinated by these troopers and their incredible look. While the Stormtrooper has evolved over the years and their are different versions and designations, I am looking forward to submitting my request to suit up as a Centurion A New Hope Hero Stormtrooper using a commissioned build through RS Props. 

Edited by Colvinc
  • Like 3

Hello and welcome aboard, sounds like you have been researching, here is an info thread which help you on the way. Looking forward to seeing your BBB photos when your armor arrives :D 

Hello Christopher, welcome to FISD.

Glad to read you're planning to apply for Centurion Level, please take a look to the bellow thread.  We are here to help :salute:

Looking forward for your BBB day photos . 

This is likely a premature question but at what point is the TK number assigned? I see when applying for Centurion-level TK, for example, one of the required fields when submitting is the TK number. I've been digging through the threads and haven't found the answer, yet. Thanks in advance for nudging me in the right direction.

4 hours ago, Colvinc said:

This is likely a premature question but at what point is the TK number assigned? I see when applying for Centurion-level TK, for example, one of the required fields when submitting is the TK number. I've been digging through the threads and haven't found the answer, yet. Thanks in advance for nudging me in the right direction.

You are asked to pick 5 sets of numbers (just in case any are taken while your are waiting for approval) normally you get the first choice, we have a few threads on why people picked the numbers they have. Mine was easy 85 is TK on phone and 421 well that speaks for itself, so 85421.

Your garrison looks after your costume approval and the legion looks after the rest of the paperwork and the issue of your picked TKID.

You can find the list of available numbers here https://www.501st.com/members/search_avail_ids.php

These could be worth a read :D 

• 4 weeks later...

Slight change of plans. I’m now going with a Stormtrooper kit from Far Away Creations. After meeting Cal and Kathy at FanExpo and seeing their brilliant work, I decided to buy locally and support their businesses. About four weeks from now I should have the makings for a Stormtrooper. 

13 minutes ago, Colvinc said:

Slight change of plans. I’m now going with a Stormtrooper kit from Far Away Creations. After meeting Cal and Kathy at FanExpo and seeing their brilliant work, I decided to buy locally and support their businesses. About four weeks from now I should have the makings for a Stormtrooper. 

Haven't seen a Moncal TK build for a while, looking forward to seeing your BBB photos.

All being well your wait won't be as long as others, in the past they were very, very slow with supply 

I’ve been in contact with Cal and Kathy who have provided me with a reasonable timeframe. Their communication has been great thus far. This is my first costume but I have an R2 D2 I can always drive around in the meantime. 

Edited by Colvinc

Just a little thing to mention for FAC/MonCal builds… the black trim that they provide for the neck of their TK buckets is not of the S-profile variety, which means you’ll need to upgrade the U-shaped windlacing that they supply if you decide to submit for higher levels of approval. Below if a photo of what I received when I ordered a replacement for my bucket, which I found out after the fact is what they use for both X-Wing pilots and TKs. That being said, Cal and Kathy have been pleasant to work with.

13707955886f834acac44c3b0fee3c41.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk