bFN9MuJ.jpg

XuAmXVu.jpg

Thigh Ammo Belt

nWxMOEo.jpg

KYs53cR.jpg

Thanks for the inspection!

M

• Like 1

• TKSpartan changed the title to TK-66007 Requesting ANH-S EIB Status (RS Propmasters)
2 hours ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Lookin' good, Matt! Gotta ask, is that one of the newest Hellhounds blasters from this year?

It is indeed! It's been slow going, but E-11s should be all caught up or darn near it. Happy to see these out in the wild again, and paired with some BEAUTIFUL armor no less!

Great work Matt, and this should be a slam dunk!

• Like 1

Looking good, one thing you may want to compare is your detonator spacings, not much of a gap between the control panel and end caps ;) 

8Yl7cX4.jpg

Reference

TD measurements.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Matt,

In order to continue with your review, I would need you to do me a favor.

Please add the following additional photos. 

1-  Left side of your Ab/kidney section to see the 3 rivets location (no need to suit up).  

2- Complete Ab belt 

3- Thermal Detonator showing the clips both screws

4- Interior side of your thigh ammo pack to see the correct rivet type. both sides - 

Something like bellow examples with better resolution of course. ;)

ublwntA.jpg?1     uNjLo4k.jpg?1    1leXZQu.jpg?1

c8Tl4p7.jpg?1

Thank you sir.   :salute:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Matt,

In order to continue with your review, I would need you to do me a favor.

Please add the following additional photos. 

1-  Left side of your Ab/kidney section to see the 3 rivets location (no need to suit up).  

2- Complete Ab belt 

4- Interior side of your thigh ammo pack to see the correct rivet type. both sides - 

Something like bellow examples with better resolution of course. ;)

ublwntA.jpg?1     uNjLo4k.jpg?1    1leXZQu.jpg?1

c8Tl4p7.jpg?1

Thank you sir.   :salute:

Hey Mario,

Sorry about that! Please see below the additional pictures.

blILPFN.jpg?1

2- Complete Ab belt 

05yH4Ye.jpg?1

aTirE3w.jpg

4- Interior side of your thigh ammo pack to see the correct rivet type. both sides

zzGH5XB.jpg

Thanks,

M

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Lookin' good, Matt! Gotta ask, is that one of the newest Hellhounds blasters from this year?

Hey Caleb,

As Justin said it is! It took a little bit to get it, but boy was it worth the wait!!

M

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheRascalKing said:

It is indeed! It's been slow going, but E-11s should be all caught up or darn near it. Happy to see these out in the wild again, and paired with some BEAUTIFUL armor no less!

Great work Matt, and this should be a slam dunk!

Thank you Justin! And thank you for all you are doing helping out Hellhounds!!

M

5 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looking good, one thing you may want to compare is your detonator spacings, not much of a gap between the control panel and end caps ;) 

8Yl7cX4.jpg

Reference

TD measurements.jpg

Thanks Glen. I know you did mention this in my pre approval thread. Given I don't think I can get the ends caps off...should I just try to cut with a razor blade and then bang them in closer to keep them up against the metal clips? My control panel is actually at 4 1/2" so theres not much I can take from there and looking at that reference pic, it actually sites closer to the inside of the metal clips while mine sits at the outside. The other thing is the overall length should be 7 1/4" but mine is right at 7". I could trim some of the end caps, but they then wouldn't sit flush with the metal clips...would that be better than what it is currently?

Thanks,

M

11 minutes ago, TK Monkus said:

Thanks Glen. I know you did mention this in my pre approval thread. Given I don't think I can get the ends caps off...should I just try to cut with a razor blade and then bang them in closer to keep them up against the metal clips? My control panel is actually at 4 1/2" so theres not much I can take from there and looking at that reference pic, it actually sites closer to the inside of the metal clips while mine sits at the outside. The other thing is the overall length should be 7 1/4" but mine is right at 7". I could trim some of the end caps, but they then wouldn't sit flush with the metal clips...would that be better than what it is currently?

Thanks,

M

Just an observation not a requirement to modify, wait see what the DO's say ;) 

The CRL wording says approximate so you should be right for the length. Again this is the same with the endcaps

• The total length is approximately 7.50" (190.5mm).
  • End caps are approximately .78" (20mm)in width.

For EIB, but again entirely up to the DO's 

Thermal detonator belt clips are positioned with little to no gap between the clips and the end caps

And one more, the clips should not be rounded on the control panel side, but again not a requirement and once again entirely up to the DO's

gallery_12157_51_33329.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Just an observation not a requirement to modify, wait see what the DO's say ;) 

The CRL wording says approximate so you should be right for the length. Again this is the same with the endcaps

• The total length is approximately 7.50" (190.5mm).
  • End caps are approximately .78" (20mm)in width.

For EIB, but again entirely up to the DO's 

Thermal detonator belt clips are positioned with little to no gap between the clips and the end caps

And one more, the clips should not be rounded on the control panel side, but again not a requirement and once again entirely up to the DO's

gallery_12157_51_33329.jpg

Thanks Glen. On the rounded edge front that is how it came from RS unfortunately so not much I can do on that front :/ Hopefully it passes inspection ;) 

Thanks,

M

• Like 2

• TKSpartan changed the title to TK-66007 Requesting ANH-S EIB Status (RS Propmasters) 1045

Hi Matt, and thank you for your EIB application! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team.  Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

I followed your build thread Matt and let me say that you did an awesome work with your armor and that's what have you here , just the first step to your goal.

Let's start from top .

Your right ear bump shape looks pretty good , while the  left one is a bit rounded at one side. It's just matter of a  painting session to improve this detail

Reference Images

hiY92Lg.jpg?2  lk9RFGj.jpg?2                  0P2cuWu.jpg?1   NEi0Gs3.jpg?1

Your Vocoder paint looks pretty ragged and we suggest to add this item to the painting session too.

Reference Images

h3hvYZg.jpg                         KFlET6a.jpg?1  I6KqCUp.jpg?1

Looking closely at you Ab buttons panel it appears to have a little return edge in the top right corner (red line) that could be trimmed to get it flat and you could give a more accurate shape to the little one by trimming a little more.

Reference Images

EnYIl1I.jpg?1        M5peUVL.jpg?1

As seen on screen , you could move the Ab belt down a bit to the top of the Butt plate . 

Reference Images

OK5JpCm.jpg?1         A862FHm.jpg?1   9Ktw7FD.jpg?1

Even thought it is not mentioned in the CRL, the Thermal detonator's metal clips should be squared (not rounded), on the control panel side.   

Reference Image

jSnezYM.jpg?1         2khMcfN.jpg

This is a very small detail, but the rivet holding your knee ammo pack is a bit close to the edge compared to the on-screen armor. If you're up for it, we're suggesting you move it in. This would require filling the old hole with ABS paste.

Reference Images

gbTmbz2.jpg?2    sqH5xnc.jpg?2       rrHFDbb.jpg?1    qCTzKbR.jpg

***************************************************

Centurion Requirements;

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  Because Centurion photos show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

CRL L3: There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.

This looks like a simple strapping issue.  shortening  the shoulder strap and  a bit could reduce the gap. Another trick here is to remove the Shoulder Bell's  return edge to allow them to sit close the chest armor.

Reference Images

1y08VbO.jpg?2      qjjhL1B.png?1 pMU3r05.jpg?1

Next, your forearms, The biceps and forearms armor seems very large compared to your arm size. We absolutely welcome troopers of all different body types, but we do expect that for our highest level of approval, the armor is sized appropriately to the wearer's body.  In order to size down the biceps and forearms, you'd need to carefully remove the cover strips, trim back the pieces some, and re-glue them. A hot water bath may also be helpful in re-shaping the curve.

As per the CRL, all costumes are "...proportional to the wearer in scale, fit and size".

hgLnsN0.jpg  XYY2IoC.jpg

4sdSjRR.jpg?1

Reference Images

YciTrxD.jpg?2    qGFMLAf.png

CRL L3: No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed.

Looking at your wrists, there is a remaining little return edge. Just a little sanding job.

Reference Images

zJ90BQ1.jpg                             AuFITur.jpg    49rUNZX.jpg?1

CRL L3: Back plate shall have no, or minimal overlap of the kidney plate.

Continuing on, your back plate is a little overlapping the kidney. You might consider shortening the elastic connecting the chest and back just a tad, another option would be to bend bend the corners with a hot water bath or  heat gun (with care) or even placing very thin foam at your shoulders so the back piece sits a touch higher.

Reference Image

q2dOE7D.jpg?1                QaZfLnq.jpg?1

CRL L3: Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor. Abdominal and Kidney Plate align horizontally at top

There is a pretty good sized gap at the tops of the ab/kidney connection on both sides, even with the arms down (pic 2).  we think that some double straps would take care of that for a much better "ideal" look.

Reference Images

clUTm3Y.jpg  ekwwoPk.jpg  AlCQkCX.jpg?1                     oXxo39K.jpg?1     Qupesql.jpg?1       

62XADht.jpg  u4Dm0t1.png?1

Please take a look to  This tutorial . It can help as well.

CRL L3: Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

This is a common issue and an easy one to fix.  Moving them outward and then applying a dab of E-6000 on the rear of the strap will take care of this and keep it from wandering.

z4dgrm3.jpg?3   3LNk2qz.jpg?3              bKe5ybb.jpg

Moving on,  we have your thermal detonator belt clips. there is a noticeable gaps between the clips and the end caps and they will need to be relocated.  Since the caps  and control panel appear to have a little return edge, you can trim them down and move the clips sideways so they the gap get closed.  If it was me, I would use  a fine sharp knife or cutter to make the "surgery" . :)

WdfBi6P.jpg?1   Xb1j1Jp.jpg?1

4iVY2dO.jpg?2         i5GNI9y.jpg?1

CRL L3: The blaster may have minor weathering or base metal exposure 

Finally Matt, we havo your blaster scope.  A little weathering is fine and dandy (and expected) but that is WAY too much "brass" color showing.  Time to break out the spray paint!  

m8tbLxv.jpg            V6l36WA.png   

ipls02e.jpg

That's all Matt.  We are sure you're going to take the next step with those fixes and continue to the next level.

Remember we are here to Help. Congratulations once again. :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 9:33 AM, TKSpartan said:

Hi Matt, and thank you for your EIB application! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team.  Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

I followed your build thread Matt and let me say that you did an awesome work with your armor and that's what have you here , just the first step to your goal.

Let's start from top .

Your right ear bump shape looks pretty good , while the  left one is a bit rounded at one side. It's just matter of a  painting session to improve this detail

Reference Images

hiY92Lg.jpg?2  lk9RFGj.jpg?2                  0P2cuWu.jpg?1   NEi0Gs3.jpg?1

Your Vocoder paint looks pretty ragged and we suggest to add this item to the painting session too.

Reference Images

h3hvYZg.jpg                         KFlET6a.jpg?1  I6KqCUp.jpg?1

Looking closely at you Ab buttons panel it appears to have a little return edge in the top right corner (red line) that could be trimmed to get it flat and you could give a more accurate shape to the little one by trimming a little more.

Reference Images

EnYIl1I.jpg?1        M5peUVL.jpg?1

As seen on screen , you could move the Ab belt down a bit to the top of the Butt plate . 

Reference Images

OK5JpCm.jpg?1         A862FHm.jpg?1   9Ktw7FD.jpg?1

Even thought it is not mentioned in the CRL, the Thermal detonator's metal clips should be squared (not rounded), on the control panel side.   

Reference Image

jSnezYM.jpg?1         2khMcfN.jpg

This is a very small detail, but the rivet holding your knee ammo pack is a bit close to the edge compared to the on-screen armor. If you're up for it, we're suggesting you move it in. This would require filling the old hole with ABS paste.

Reference Images

gbTmbz2.jpg?2    sqH5xnc.jpg?2       rrHFDbb.jpg?1    qCTzKbR.jpg

***************************************************

Centurion Requirements;

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  Because Centurion photos show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

CRL L3: There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.

This looks like a simple strapping issue.  shortening  the shoulder strap and  a bit could reduce the gap. Another trick here is to remove the Shoulder Bell's  return edge to allow them to sit close the chest armor.

Reference Images

1y08VbO.jpg?2      qjjhL1B.png?1 pMU3r05.jpg?1

Next, your forearms, The biceps and forearms armor seems very large compared to your arm size. We absolutely welcome troopers of all different body types, but we do expect that for our highest level of approval, the armor is sized appropriately to the wearer's body.  In order to size down the biceps and forearms, you'd need to carefully remove the cover strips, trim back the pieces some, and re-glue them. A hot water bath may also be helpful in re-shaping the curve.

As per the CRL, all costumes are "...proportional to the wearer in scale, fit and size".

hgLnsN0.jpg  XYY2IoC.jpg

4sdSjRR.jpg?1

Reference Images

YciTrxD.jpg?2    qGFMLAf.png

CRL L3: No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed.

Looking at your wrists, there is a remaining little return edge. Just a little sanding job.

Reference Images

zJ90BQ1.jpg                             AuFITur.jpg    49rUNZX.jpg?1

CRL L3: Back plate shall have no, or minimal overlap of the kidney plate.

Continuing on, your back plate is a little overlapping the kidney. You might consider shortening the elastic connecting the chest and back just a tad, another option would be to bend bend the corners with a hot water bath or  heat gun (with care) or even placing very thin foam at your shoulders so the back piece sits a touch higher.

Reference Image

q2dOE7D.jpg?1                QaZfLnq.jpg?1

CRL L3: Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor. Abdominal and Kidney Plate align horizontally at top

There is a pretty good sized gap at the tops of the ab/kidney connection on both sides, even with the arms down (pic 2).  we think that some double straps would take care of that for a much better "ideal" look.

Reference Images

clUTm3Y.jpg  ekwwoPk.jpg  AlCQkCX.jpg?1                     oXxo39K.jpg?1     Qupesql.jpg?1       

62XADht.jpg  u4Dm0t1.png?1

Please take a look to  This tutorial . It can help as well.

CRL L3: Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

This is a common issue and an easy one to fix.  Moving them outward and then applying a dab of E-6000 on the rear of the strap will take care of this and keep it from wandering.

z4dgrm3.jpg?3   3LNk2qz.jpg?3              bKe5ybb.jpg

Moving on,  we have your thermal detonator belt clips. there is a noticeable gaps between the clips and the end caps and they will need to be relocated.  Since the caps  and control panel appear to have a little return edge, you can trim them down and move the clips sideways so they the gap get closed.  If it was me, I would use  a fine sharp knife or cutter to make the "surgery" . :)

WdfBi6P.jpg?1   Xb1j1Jp.jpg?1

4iVY2dO.jpg?2         i5GNI9y.jpg?1

CRL L3: The blaster may have minor weathering or base metal exposure 

Finally Matt, we havo your blaster scope.  A little weathering is fine and dandy (and expected) but that is WAY too much "brass" color showing.  Time to break out the spray paint!  

m8tbLxv.jpg            V6l36WA.png   

ipls02e.jpg

That's all Matt.  We are sure you're going to take the next step with those fixes and continue to the next level.

Remember we are here to Help. Congratulations once again. :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Thank you very much Mario!!

One step closer and looks like I've got some work to do. I will make a new thread about making the necessary adjustments and ask my questions there. For now I will enjoy my new EI status.

Thanks,

M

• Like 3