Knockerbots AM 5.0 ANH Stunt Build thread

Hey everyone!

So a few years back I built an AP that ended up being a sandy because frankly Im a big guy. I ended up selling it because it just flat out hurt to wear it. I'm 6'1" and about 260lbs and it just dug in in 100 places. I ended up building an AT-ST driver to wear instead.

SO fast forward to now, I regret selling it because I miss the smiles from the kids when they see a Stormtrooper. No one but us cares about the AT-ST driver costumes lol. The way I explained it to my wife was that this is a bit of an addiction and the only one of the drugs strong enough is a TK or TD. So I got the wife permission to spend some money!

Okay so I contacted Darkside Dave to get an AM. I have sent both deposit and payment now. Took 5.5 months between the two but that is fine with me.

It looks like I now am building an extra helmet on top of my own. I'll be including all building activities on this page so hopefully it will help someone else down the road.  TK-73337s Building service is open for business lol

Here's the list of parts I have ordered or am in the process of ordering.

Armour:

-AM 5.0 ANH Stunt                     (Payment sent, waiting for BBB day)

Soft Parts:

-Undersuit                             (Have Old Undersuit)

-Neck Seal                             (Contacted Pinkys)

-Canvas belt                          (Contacted Pinkys)

-Harness                                (Contacted Pinkys)

-Holster                                 (Bought Darmans off etsy)

20220622_214218

-Boots                                    (Bought random boots from guy in California lol)

-Gloves                                  (Provided by dave)

-Handplates                           (Provided by dave)

Weapon:

-E-11                                      (Bought Quest Design Canada E-11 off etsy)

-Stand                                    (Bought Quest Design Canada E-11 stand off etsy)

20220622_214213

Electronics:

-Fans                                     (I build my own 5v setup)

I'm Basically doing a list from memory so if you see anything missing let me know.

Build threads for me to learn from:

Edited by Knockerbot
  • Like 2

Looks like you have things well in hand, looking forward to seeing the progress

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looks like you have things well in hand, looking forward to seeing the progress

Thanks Buddy!

Last time I did this I made some friends who started at the same time and we all supported each other in our builds. Im really hoping 6 years later that this forum is still the same as it used to be.

• Like 2

Just now, Brattie said:

‐---- peers in -------

Hey buddy!!! If you build it... they will come...

Muah haa haaa 

I'm just spending thousands to get you to troop with me more haha. I should say so I can troop with you more. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Knockerbot said:

Shipping on the boots just cost me $100... 

Ouch that hurts

59 minutes ago, Knockerbot said:

I just got Darmans Holster today.

20220622_21421820220622_214213

I got this stand from Questdesigncanada too! Im excited for my new E-11 to come in now

Very nice, got to be pleased with that :D 

10 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Ouch that hurts

Very nice, got to be pleased with that :D 

I learned a valuable lesson about not buying unless they do a shipping quote first. He produced the receipt and was a guy off of here so I trust he didn't take me for any money, just higher than either of us expected it would ever be lol.

Yeah I'm pretty happy with both. I got the 8 ounce leather holster. It's built so well. 

• Like 1

Looks like Darkside Dave wins the race. I just got a message asking for a deposit for this week. I'm so excited. I'm even more excited to share the journey with you all. I forgot about this feeling of happiness when you're building a new costume. Thinking about all the kids you can help and all the fun times you can have in it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Knockerbot said:

There are a lot of 2.0 and 1.0 builds but Dave is saying he's at version 4.5 now. Does anyone know a good 4.5 build?

Here's a 4.5 

For a good base build even though it's 1.0 you can't go past Ukswrath

• Like 1

• Knockerbot changed the title to Knockerbots AM 4.5 ANH Stunt Build thread

Here's a question. Is there value in getting Dave to build it. It'd be $500 more usd and comes with a bunch of electronics. Half the fun of this is building but if I'm spending just as much to build it myself in supplies should I not consider just pawning it off to him?

6 hours ago, Knockerbot said:

Here's a question. Is there value in getting Dave to build it. It'd be $500 more usd and comes with a bunch of electronics. Half the fun of this is building but if I'm spending just as much to build it myself in supplies should I not consider just pawning it off to him?

I've seen a lot of pre built kits that still need some work and adjustments to be made. I found I felt a great personal achievement in building my kit, added to the whole experience of becoming a legion member. That being said if anyone has the extra cash and wan't to purchase prebuilt that's entirely up to them. I don't know what electronics he supplies but there are a lot available so make sure it ties in with what you want as electronics. 

2 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I've seen a lot of pre built kits that still need some work and adjustments to be made. I found I felt a great personal achievement in building my kit, added to the whole experience of becoming a legion member. That being said if anyone has the extra cash and wan't to purchase prebuilt that's entirely up to them. I don't know what electronics he supplies but there are a lot available so make sure it ties in with what you want as electronics. 

Yeah having built most of the AP kit alone was a nice achievement. I do want the experience of building a whole kit on my own. The part I'm mostly questioning is the helmet. It looks like the build "might include" electronics but it's unclear if it's an extra cost or not. Im sure if I want them I can figure it out myself as well. I am an electrician hahaha

Now it looks like I have a friend who wants to join and I promised her if she buys it, I'll build it. As well as a different friend who wants me to build them an AM helmet. 

Let's hope I'm good at this haha.

• Like 2

• Knockerbot changed the title to Knockerbots AM 5.0 ANH Stunt Build thread
On 6/27/2022 at 6:01 PM, Knockerbot said:

There are a lot of 2.0 and 1.0 builds but Dave is saying he's at version 4.5 now. Does anyone know a good 4.5 build?

4.5 is essentually the helmet version.  I was confused at first as well since that is how he refers to the whole kit.  The 1.0 vs 2.0 refers to some significant body changes that happened quite a while ago.  I'm assuming that the helmet has had more changes than the rest of the kit.  So look for 2.0 builds and you'll be good.

1 hour ago, Dielotski said:

4.5 is essentually the helmet version.  I was confused at first as well since that is how he refers to the whole kit.  The 1.0 vs 2.0 refers to some significant body changes that happened quite a while ago.  I'm assuming that the helmet has had more changes than the rest of the kit.  So look for 2.0 builds and you'll be good.

Be great to get a list of the changes for those with older kits so they know what has been updated ;) 

14 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Be great to get a list of the changes for those with older kits so they know what has been updated ;) 

He gave a basic reason why it's at 5.0 now. He said the only change was the color of the plastic between 4.5 and 5.0 but the rest of the changes up to 4.5 I'd love to know too!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...