On getting my Hero suit approved I need to convert my ABS belt to canvas. I did find a member that made those belts and ordered 2. My current ammo belt is held on by rivets and the caps on the front side are glued on with something other than hot glue. I tried with the hair dryer. I don't want to destroy the front plastic piece I need to attach to the canvas. Does anyone make and sell these pieces by chance? 

• Like 1

Hi Walter,

Perhaps you can remove the covers with an exacto knife. 
That’s the way I got them off. It’s a little fiddly but if you have a steady hand you don’t need new ones. 

If you break the covers ask your armor maker for a new set. 
I know that most armorers sell them for a few bucks. 

Cheers Christian 

3 hours ago, Freewally said:

On getting my Hero suit approved I need to convert my ABS belt to canvas. I did find a member that made those belts and ordered 2. My current ammo belt is held on by rivets and the caps on the front side are glued on with something other than hot glue. I tried with the hair dryer. I don't want to destroy the front plastic piece I need to attach to the canvas. Does anyone make and sell these pieces by chance? 

Most of the time you will find they use either E6000 glue or a more permanent super glue. Just lifting a corner up a little may allow the rest of the button cover to release, if it's a permanent glue then you may be able to either soak in a bath of hot salty water, can help dissolve the glue or leave in a freezer for some time, this can also help release the glue with a little pressure under one corner. 

If you get really stuck I would suggest speaking with your armor supplier about replacement button covers or try the following:

I normally use a heat glue for heating plastic but you have to have some practice with it, you can go from almost pliable to molten mess in the blink of an eye

• 1 month later...

Trooperbay.com has the ABS ammo piece and 3 robot covers available. A bit pricy at $42.99 + shipping.

https://www.trooperbay.com/products/white-abs-stormtrooper-belt-and-rivet-cover-plates-costume-armor-part-cosplay-disney-501st-star-wars?_pos=8&_sid=111825009&_ss=r

I need to do the same upgrade to my ABS ammo belt that came with my new Stormtrooper suit from Shepperton Design Studios. I was a bit surprised this kit different come with a 501st Legion compliant canvas belt.
5367AB53-6A84-415E-8BB3-87874F854292.jpeg.9f5c95f93f3bbefdcaa498676af8e6f6.jpeg