Flamethrower References - Mandalorian Experience Celebration 2022

Some additional reference coming in for you! Man, seeing that scene from Mando season 1 being shot was so cool. Quick story - Jon Favreau could see that we were stoked on the new Incinerator and were geeking out over it, so he actually called us forward and showed us where the edge of the shot was so that we could stand as close as possible without being a bother. Nice guy, and a true fan. Was even cooler to see it after they added the flames in post!

xMnLsSI.jpg

SwJRVb2.jpg

xx3oqjd.jpg

J9lBwLK.jpg

a8zyJvt.jpg

:)

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

I'm helping a friend do an Incinerator Trooper and I'm hoping this was to build this off a metal replica firearm.

I initially thought this was build off a Sterling because of the shape of the grip but obviously a lot of details don't match. This thread has the best reference I've been able to find.

Though I know its not a perfect reference material, here are some decent shots of the Sideshow Incinerator trooper.

PD15794921301QM.thumb.jpg.e16897444b98c194fee2af89356210d2.jpg

s-l1600Cropped.jpg.137e5780bd59f7932dd6d97b33db30e6.jpg

If its all scratch built and I have to go the 3D printing route, I wanted to at least get others opinions on some flaws with the models I found.

As for Marko Makaj's 3D-model looks great but I did notice the grip looks a little off, possibly just tweak the shape a bit.

marko-makaj-1.thumb.jpg.062e189d4785784d525887ee25927793.jpg

And OxProps based his grip on the sterling, which was my initial thought for real parts, but the Mandalorian Experience Oppressor doesn't have those details.

il_1588xN.2377160968_o1p5.thumb.jpg.5eb53257377436df74dd43ca13f81d05.jpg

Ive asked my friends who are more knowledgeable in firearms to see if they recognize anything, but no word back yet.

Looks to me like the square edged grip and receiver are off the metal S&T Sterling airsoft gun that's been the base for most the new era weapons (different than the rounded classic Sterling)... So personally, I'd start with that model and build the rest off of there! At least there's decent reference these days...

6 hours ago, TheRascalKing said:

Looks to me like the square edged grip and receiver are off the metal S&T Sterling airsoft gun that's been the base for most the new era weapons (different than the rounded classic Sterling)... So personally, I'd start with that model and build the rest off of there! At least there's decent reference these days...

Thanks I hadn’t actually looked at the S&T, trigger and guard look off and flamethrowers grip looks much wider, it’s definitely a start though!

2 minutes ago, Sweatshop said:

Thanks I hadn’t actually looked at the S&T, trigger and guard look off and flamethrowers grip looks much wider, it’s definitely a start though!

Could I suggest perhaps speaking with Bryan @trooper96 who has done some great work with 3D files, he may (or may not) be looking for another challenged as he's exhausted the needs of the E-11's, might be something right up his alley to update/convert ;) 

• Like 1

I looked at the photos, and I m not sure what to make of it. The trigger group looks like a C1, but the grip doesn’t. It’s a little like the E-22, not a Sterling but not an L2A1 AEG either.

• Like 2