Looking to get started/ Little bit about me

Greetings,

I am interested in 501st membership, the idea of getting to live star wars/do some charity/its star wars....come on...I am currently on this forum and the imperial officer forum, not sure what I want to do yet, the idea of putting on stormtrooper armour sounds fun, but not sure where to start.  I am looking into the Legacy Area Female style armour or a Nova Trooper Medic, both very different but both interesting.  Caveat. I am NOT artistic and aside from painted (maybe) will need a LOT of help trying to put this together.  I do not have the available facilities to create armour myself and am looking for someone who creates armour and is willing to help.  

Outside of my obsession for all things star wars I work, and am a nursing student, and an avid bookworm.  My husband and I are really working on getting involved because we think it would be something fun to do, and a neat way to give back.  Please let me know where I can get started, and any helpful tips and tricks you may have.  Thanks... :) 

Hello and welcome aboard, this thread should give you some help 

You will find a lot of info in the Legacy Stormtrooper area https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/76-legacy-stormtrooper-joker-squad/

The 501st has base standards for costume approval, these are called the CRL's (costume reference library) Legacy Stormtrooper can be found here https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Legacy_Trooper_Female

Don't be afraid to ask questions, good luck and hope to see a build thread from you soon :D 

Welcome to the FISD!

You’re in the right place, and you and your husband will find all the info you need from finding an armour kit to the steps in putting it together yourself if you go that route. I knew nothing about what was involved and do not consider myself handy with building things, but with the help I found here was able to build my ANH Stunt kit.