Please critique my armor

Timmer

Hi everyone, I finished my armor last week and did some Halloween parades and such. These pics are from Halloween night, trick or treating with my 4 year old clone trooper nephew. I realize that you can see my suspender clips, it's due to a thigh mod pulling my ab down too much. I'm fixing that this weekend. I'm a heavyset guy, so I'm concerned about my side pieces. Any suggestions to improving the armor would be greatly appreciated. I was aiming for an ANH stunt trooper. I've got Smitty's green lenses, VaderDave's buttons, Bernard's belt, and I'm working on installing Stomper's Hovi's. It's an FX kit with an AP bucket. Thank you to all who helped with this!!! Hopefully the pics will load :)

Thank you,

Tim

0gbvaDU.jpg

52O5CW7.jpg

Thanks for the advice, there are more pics in the gallery section under "Tim's FX/AP"

this is just my 2 cents, but it looks like your thighs may be a little low. Adding just a little space between the shin and thigh pieces i think would improve the image. Im no expert though, my armor aint even complete yet.

My "dressing assistant" for that day didn't know the finer points of the armor so things I am picky about (like the belt) squeak by. I do have elastic going from the lower chest to the lower back but I believe it's Jabba-esque physique which makes it stick out. I've actually lost about 8-10 pounds in the past 3 weeks, so I'm trying to keep that pace and eventually I will fit into the armor a lot better.

Thank you all for the pointers.

Tim

If you add an elastic strap from the bottom of the chest plate to the bottom of the back plate, it will force the chest piece to lay flatter.

• 2 weeks later...

Overall very nice. Just a few things tho...its seems like the thigh pieces could be a bit higher. Also the codpiece may be sitting a bit to low. To fix this you may want to split the codpiece and front abdomin pieces, trim a bit off the top of the codpiece, then reattach it to the front abdominal piece using nylon webbing or something. But overall it looks good :D

Bring the chest plate down a bit and do something to keep the chest plate from riding up above the abdomen plate.

I'd say your almost there tho!

It looks like you did a great job on the thighs.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I have beefy thighs, so I've been trying trying to find a happy medium between getting them high enough, but also having them look tight enough to avoid that nasty flare at the bottom of the thigh, especially on the left leg. I think the reason for the low ab/ high chest issue was that I recently put snaps on the elastic going from thigh to lower ab. It was pulling down too much which affected everything else. Well today I'll be in the dungeon trimming and adjusting!!!

Thanks again,

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
If you add an elastic strap from the bottom of the chest plate to the bottom of the back plate, it will force the chest piece to lay flatter.

I agree, I had the same problem with mine, but instead of adding a strap to the chest and back I added two thick peices of velcro to the chest and Ab plait to linked them together, I've got a bit of a beer belly and I wanted to ensure that the chest plate did ride up above the AB during trooping. Other than that it looks great. :)