E6000 glue mess> need help please

i'd wait for it to dry, then carfully with a knife - score the offending overflow and TUG!

I love the stuff. Had to cut and pull of a whole seam of the stuff when I had to re-do a mistake on my Rubies biker lid. Its strong and flexible - just the ticket when puttin a kit together!

Nate

I'll echo what Nate said.

E6000 is a really great glue for armour. Whenever I get any overflow seeping out of the seems (which is quite often :P ) I just wait until it has dried, then gently run a razor blade down the edge of the strip wherever the glue is, then peel off the offending glue. I usually use the razor blade to make a start and it usually peels off pretty easily.

If you get any E6000 on any areas where you don't want it, don't panic. Just wait until it dries then pull it off. Buff up the spot with a bit of Novus and you'll never even know there was a problem ;)

Have to agree with all the above. I find that, if you get it 1/2 way through its curing time (about 12 hours) it's dead easy to cut and pull off since it's not yet fully hard. Doesn't mater if you've left it longer than that, but it just gets that bit more difficult.

Wow.

I really needed to see this post.

As I tend to be accident prone, paranoid, and overly cricical of my mistakes (great combo, huh?) I plan to ditch the Devcon I bought and use E6000 for the build of my RT-Mod when it arrives.

A bit more forgiving, it seems ;)

I love this glue,ok its not instant 24 hours for a full cure.Apply a film to both surfaces put by for ten minutes then offer the parts your glueing together the E6000 almost acts like a contact adhesive.

Like all the above on the odd hic-up razor blade or super sharp modeling knife.