Armor Building Help

asweet03

Received my AP fully trimmed armor and am looking to hire someone to assemble it for me. 

I’m a bit out of my depth’s with this process and haven’t wanted to begin out of fear of ruining the parts. I also just started a new job that’s taking up more of my time than I assumed it would have. 

Let me know if I need to redirect this comment to a different thread. 

Welcome, Adam! You're certainly in the right place for all things Stormtrooper-related! Congrats on your BBB (big brown box) Day; it's always very exciting (and daunting)! I do know that some troopers offer assembly services, but can't point you to anybody specific. I'm sure somebody else will chime in with some information though. That being said, at one point all of us had never before put together our own kit before, and relied heavily on the resources here on FISD. I would encourage you to take a shot at it yourself, especially since you'll be able to guarantee proper fitment to your body. If you have somebody else assemble it for you, you'll need to provide very specific measurements of many parts of your figure, and then upon completion of the suit you'll likely need to make further adjustments yourself.

You have a whole group of fine folks here on these forums to help you along your journey, so if you decide to assemble yourself, definitely start a build thread and post LOTS of updates with photos, and ask TONS of questions! In short, ask before you cut/drill; measure twice (or thrice), cut once. Below is a link to a resource thread I compiled which includes a wide range of information that I've found very helpful on my own journey. Perhaps it can be of service to you too!

Welcome Adam! Lots of great resources, especially with an established maker like AP. Caleb's link is not a bad place to start. Also check out the tutorial section:
https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/79-tutorials-tips-and-howtos/

1 hour ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Welcome, Adam! You're certainly in the right place for all things Stormtrooper-related! Congrats on your BBB (big brown box) Day; it's always very exciting (and daunting)! I do know that some troopers offer assembly services, but can't point you to anybody specific. I'm sure somebody else will chime in with some information though. That being said, at one point all of us had never before put together our own kit before, and relied heavily on the resources here on FISD. I would encourage you to take a shot at it yourself, especially since you'll be able to guarantee proper fitment to your body. If you have somebody else assemble it for you, you'll need to provide very specific measurements of many parts of your figure, and then upon completion of the suit you'll likely need to make further adjustments yourself.

You have a whole group of fine folks here on these forums to help you along your journey, so if you decide to assemble yourself, definitely start a build thread and post LOTS of updates with photos, and ask TONS of questions! In short, ask before you cut/drill; measure twice (or thrice), cut once. Below is a link to a resource thread I compiled which includes a wide range of information that I've found very helpful on my own journey. Perhaps it can be of service to you too!

Thank you for the welcome! I appreciate the support and will keep the need for measurements in mind if I decide to go that route. 

Hello and welcome aboard, I would suggest contacting your local garrison, many do armor build days and have members experienced in building, you can search for garrisons here

https://www.501st.com/maps/

Welcome to the FISD, Adam!

Finding someone to build your armor may be a tall order, but you are truly in the right place should you choose to build it yourself.  Many (if not most, myself included) of us had never attempted to take on something like this, but know that you have an entire Detachment that is more than willing to help you every step of the way!

As Glen suggested, contacting your local Garrison or Squad can be really helpful, but in the absence of that you are more than welcome (and encouraged) to ask all the questions you want to.  There are some fantastic build threads here on every costume we have, but if there are any particular queries you have never be shy about asking.. it's what we do best!

If you go the D.I.Y. route, one thing I would suggest is to start your own build thread here.

Posting photos of your build is important.  Doing this allows you to show off your progress, but is most important when you have an issue.  I have a thread here which will help.

Whichever route you choose, we are here for ya'!