Help for a Trooper in the Badlands?

CountCunning

Hey all,

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this, so please feel free to lock it down or migrate it if that's the case. I've started my ROTK build thread, but things have stalled a bit while I wait to get some replacement respirator filters. I was wondering if the FISD has a mentor-mentee program like the JRS and if I'd be able to contact someone in my local garrison to assist me with the build in person. I posted in the Badlands forums a bit ago about getting some help, but haven't heard anything back as of yet.

Thanks!

Hey Daniel!

There is a mentor-mentee program on here known as the Attaché Program. You can find an overview of the program and the Attachés here. The Attachés for the Badlands Garrison seem to be @Pyrates and @wook1138 so feel free to reach out to them directly on here or wait for them to see your query ;)

Whilst neither are listed as ROTK experts they might still be a help with building or simply finding the right resources. As it seems you've already found the R1TK area and started a build thread, you might find prior chiming in from all over the world as well if you need help.

I hope this helped, good luck and enjoy your white armor! :salute:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CountCunning said:

Hey all,

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this, so please feel free to lock it down or migrate it if that's the case. I've started my ROTK build thread, but things have stalled a bit while I wait to get some replacement respirator filters. I was wondering if the FISD has a mentor-mentee program like the JRS and if I'd be able to contact someone in my local garrison to assist me with the build in person. I posted in the Badlands forums a bit ago about getting some help, but haven't heard anything back as of yet.

Thanks!

Hey Daniel! Ensure you've checked to see if they have a Facebook group as well, as many Garrisons have created groups for their mentees, separate from their forums that require membership access. Morgi is spot on about contacting your local Attache as well. Is your kit an 850 or Jimmiroquai?

Honestly, neither really have a ton of support just yet (we're spoiled by ANH-S!), but there are a couple of great build threads over in the Build Theads subforum. Research is key, but make sure you start your own thread and we'll try to help you as we go! I'm one of only 2 approved L2 troopers for Rogue One and have been lucky to interact with the studio suits on a number of occasions, so feel free to reach out with any non-850-specific questions!

You will find you will receive a lot of feedback if you post a build thread to our forum, lots of knowledgable builders ready to offer advice.

As advised already check out some of the previous R1 build threads, a couple that stand out:

• Like 1

Hi Daniel and welcome to FISD.

As has been mentioned we have our attache program for local help, but rather than just having one mentor, here you will have many very experienced and motivated members and detachment staff all willing to answer your questions, offer guides and how to's give plenty of tips and overwhelming support of you and your build.

We pride ourselves on Troopers helping troopers which is our unofficial motto.

I am excited to see your build thread and progress photos as you make this awesome journey.

Hey Danny.  A lot of the members have been busy with some recent local Expos (Calgary and Saskatoon) and Celebration - so don't give up on the Badlands forums just yet (there is a member near Calgary that has an approved ROTK)  .  That said, for build knowledge, you really can't do better than FISD. 

Unfortunately, I am pretty much useless for a ROTK build - I can certainly give you general TK building advice or help you find things on the forum, but my knowledge of the ROTK is pretty limited.  

FYI - there is a Maker Faire in Saskatoon on June 25.  We (Badlands) will have a booth there.  It is a great event for costume building.  A few members will troop but most of us just work on projects (we all have unfinished costumes and props. Some more than others, lol).  If you can make it, I recommend the trip.

• Like 1