Electrobinoculars with Bluetooth speakers

I have to say I was expecting only a pair of binocs, not an impeccably designed and executed carrying case.  My pictures are nowhere near as good as Adam's, so I'll let his stand on his own.   The craftsmanship is truly a reflection of this talent.  Fortune was kind in that they arrived on Friday and I trooped with them yesterday.  One of my garrison-mates should be sending me some photos that I'll post as soon as I get them from here.  They are paired to my phone, but it's a bit inconvenient to pull my phone out while in full TK.  

I think I'll get a small, used smartphone (with no SIM) and put make some loops that I can store on it.  This way I can use it in costume and not worry about my real phone being lost/damaged.  Alternatively, I'm thinking I can have a spotter, officer, or crewman with an iPad do that for me.

In any event, they are absolutely a work of art.  Credit to @justjoseph63 as well for an amazing kit.

Adam, I can't thank you enough for your amazing work. You're the best!!

• Like 1

I'm positively beaming at these comments. Thanks for the kind words y'all. :wub:

@Daetrin I keep my own phone hidden just behind my thigh armor. My DSG compression pants have a pocket for a phone right there that hides it perfectly, and between the thigh armor and holster, it's not at all visible. I can quickly slip it out for selfies and song changes though. It does just barely fit though since my thigh armor is quite tight.

However... having a dedicated (and smol) older phone for music duties is a very good idea. When I snap a pic, the music either pauses for a second or totally stops. Then I have to restart it or repair the bluetooth... which really sucks at times. Something small in my chest pouch or HWT pack would totally solve that.

• Like 1

Awesome work as always!!

On 7/16/2022 at 11:32 PM, revlimiter said:

They're set 2/2. No set 3 will ever be made... unless my daughter demands one. heh

But......

j/k!

• Like 1

Here is me giving them a work out.  Man, that grubhub order is getting late...where is that guy?

IMG_20220716_124550157.jpgIMG_20220716_124544782.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Daetrin said:

Man, that grubhub order is getting late...where is that guy?

IMG_20220716_124544782.jpg

Please set you blaster for stun only when your lunch eventually arrives.   That BLT (Bantha lettuce and tomato) isn't worth all the paperwork if you don't.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, TK 17654 said:

You have me wanting to buy a cheap amazon mini camera and a couple of mini displays and put them into one of these just with some leftover digital camera guts for something to mess with  :D

Long long ago, Nikon had a really unique point and shoot with a rotating lens. I keep thinking how much fun it would be to hack one up and make it work in the electrobinocs.

3624-1-1.jpg

Coolpix S10 if you're wanting to search for it.  It had a 10x optical zoom also.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, revlimiter said:

Long long ago, Nikon had a really unique point and shoot with a rotating lens. I keep thinking how much fun it would be to hack one up and make it work in the electrobinocs.

3624-1-1.jpg

Coolpix S10 if you're wanting to search for it.  It had a 10x optical zoom also.

Yesssssss! I used to rebuild night vision binocs for a few years as a side hobby so I’m not opposed to hacking into a camera 

• 4 months later...
On 5/24/2022 at 3:06 AM, justjoseph63 said:

WOW,  Adam!  And I thought I put a lot of work into building these, lol.  You really took the ball and ran with it, sir, and I'm envious as all heck!  

Looks like I'll be bugging you for one of these now.