ABS stock for cover strips?

Howdy all

So its been 7 or 8 years since I built my AM2 kit. Stupidly, I used some other ABS sheet that I had to make some cover strips, and unfortunately those non-matching pieces have started to yellow.

Does anyone have a lead on some UV-stable ABS stock that I can snag somewhere to remake those strips? Looks like most of the stuff I can find online isn't specifically UV stable.

Hi Brandon!  You can certainly reach out to Dave from AM, but I know that there has been a shortage of ABS globally so some makers have scaled back production.  An alternative would be to pick up a bottle of Armor White from Trooperbay (link here).  Just mask off the areas you don't need to whiten and follow the directions on the bottle!

4 hours ago, wh1plash said:

Howdy all

So its been 7 or 8 years since I built my AM2 kit. Stupidly, I used some other ABS sheet that I had to make some cover strips, and unfortunately those non-matching pieces have started to yellow.

Does anyone have a lead on some UV-stable ABS stock that I can snag somewhere to remake those strips? Looks like most of the stuff I can find online isn't specifically UV stable.

This may also be of use, worth a try, a few other threads on armor ABS yellowing:

http://www.vintagecomputing.com/index.php/archives/189

One thing you may find is that even purchasing new ABS sheet from the same maker the color may be different, depending on the color of your armor, makers have found differences in color of their ABS as well as differences in color between armor makers.