Sithping ANH TK Build (RS)

Sithping

Looking good. Just note those images are a little small for your GML and he/she may request larger ones ;) 

Looks like you have a strap hanging down under your helmet too 

• Like 1

Wow, Paul. The for and finish on that look superb! Excellent job.

Something I can’t help but notice is what appears to be different shades of white. It could just be the lighting, but, the thighs look like they might be a different colour to the cod, drop boxes, belt etc.

How does the colour come across in natural light?

f2aeaf0d1e9ac0f5cc992ac23720e5c1.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looking good. Just note those images are a little small for your GML and he/she may request larger ones ;) 

Looks like you have a strap hanging down under your helmet too 

Thanks Glen! I have no clue about computers and picture sizes it's a wonder I can even post them :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Wow, Paul. The for and finish on that look superb! Excellent job. emoji16.pngemoji16.pngemoji16.png

Something I can’t help but notice is what appears to be different shades of white. It could just be the lighting, but, the thighs look like they might be a different colour to the cod, drop boxes, belt etc.

How does the colour come across in natural light?

f2aeaf0d1e9ac0f5cc992ac23720e5c1.jpg

Thanks Dan!

Yeah looking at the pictures I posted it does appear different in areas, trick of the light I assume as looks uniform in-person. 

Things I noticed when suiting up were..

1. Need assistance chin strap

2. Ammo belt too long needs trimming as velcro doesn't align.

3. Must rewatch Dan's arm/bicep elastic video as mine not attached yet. 

4. Want tactical padding for helmet as foam star is obstructive. 

5. May need mobility cuts at rear thigh/calf's(but I like the look of them without cuts)

6. Might remove middle elastic at front centre chest/ab connection feels too restrictive. 

So...got loads to be getting on with :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

Hi Paul,

Awesome! So pleased it looks matches in person. That’s the key thing. (I have similar issues with photos where the shade of one part looks a little different, yet it looks pretty spot on in person).

Great “snag” list. Those chin straps are hard enough with just the helmet on, let alone when you’re armoured up. Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sithping said:

Thanks Glen! I have no clue about computers and picture sizes it's a wonder I can even post them :)

I assume you are using imgur to post you photos, Paul?  If so, to post them onto an email to your GML is really easy.  When ready to send, go to the page as seen below but instead of using Direct Link as if you were posting them here, scroll over the image and right click.  Once you see the menu come up, left click on Copy and than paste in into your email.  Done deal!

Sp70Lqe.png?1

It may also be a good idea to edit** the pics down to show more details and remove some of the background.

This                                                                         As opposed to this                                                                            

cmbrZxF.jpg?4    Qo9rvOY.jpg?2     

**This is also super simple to do.. should take you less than 10 minutes to do all your photos.  Instructions can be found on my thread here.

If you have any issues or questions I am more than happy to help.  Just PM me.

I think I can speak for the entire D.O. staff when I say that once you get 501st Basic approval that we hope to see your submission for Expert Infantry! 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Troopers, It's been a month and i feel I've hit a brick wall with my build, I reckon i'm about 90% there...just life has been busy recently.

I did manage another test fit a couple weeks ago with good intentions to put a few things right, and my wife took some snaps of me goofing around. 

I do plan to put in some positive effort this weekend.

ajrRp5F.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Sithping said:

It's been a month and i feel I've hit a brick wall with my build,

I think it's time we help you put a door in that wall, Paul!  What areas are you having issues with?

1 hour ago, justjoseph63 said:

I think it's time we help you put a door in that wall, Paul!  What areas are you having issues with?

Hi Joseph, it's little silly things like alignment of the forearm-bicep-bells with the elastics, also my belt is too long at back needs shortening and new velcro, I have zero sewing skills. 

Nothing we can't handle, sir.  From what I can see here everything looks to be spot-on:

nrilOZc.jpg?1

It will help a lot to post up a few pics showing front and rear views (larger than these, of course) to show the spacing, and close ups of any areas you have questions/issues with.

9mvPhe5.jpg?1    33qV9z0.jpg?1

Even though I work at Lowe's, I will borrow the slogan from our main competitor-  mGjE9n0.png?1

• Like 2

I taped up the arms to try and get an eye for where they should be, and added some extra velcro to the belt to allow full closure.

I must rewatch Dan's video for some pointers when committing to gluing the elastics.

DEJUSzM.jpg

cKMNihL.jpg

Nice work, Normally the forearm elastic is just on the top inner sides, helps to rotate inwards once you have moved your arms, if you have directly on top they can move either side when at rest 

gallery_12157_59_18048.jpg

gallery_12157_59_110928.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Troopers,

Just checking in with some more build progress.

I've finally installed the elastics on my forearm/biceps...now, it took me some time to commit to the position, but in the end i decided i would go with something in-between the seam line and the position Dan (cableguy) suggested in one of his videos. Sort of a happy medium.

I also had the pleasure of meeting with my Armorer (Brian) from my local Garrison (ISG) at a comic con at the weekend. I spoke with Brian for a lengthy time and he helped to advise me to lose the return edges on my forearms at the wrists. Another job ticked from my to do list.

LoPOSpt.jpg

BllwSkW.jpg

• Like 3

Looking good, any gap at the wrists will be taken up with our gloves, some us with skinny are add some foam inside so the forearms don't rotate.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello fellow Troopers, I want to complete my build thread here with the final pictures and steps I took before I achieved my basic approval. Apologies for not doing it sooner. 

The final steps included bicep hooks, assembled/painted my helmet and commissioned a blaster by Troopacoola. 

CDYrafM.jpg

kmbjoYi.jpg

qksC5jd.jpg

28r0yrN.jpg

31kj3I1.jpg

25H99nO.jpg

Fp8brrx.jpg

UOzY5BU.jpg

wfv4Zwg.jpg

yMC5LRH.jpg

k5P0eGg.jpg

Thanks again to everyone here at FISD who helped me along with my journey to becoming a Stormtrooper in the 501st Legion. It's a dream come true! 

So far I have completed 3 events trooping with my amazing local Garrison ISG a new friendly family in my life. 

So many new chapters about to unfold... 

Mtfbwy always. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sithping said:

So many new chapters about to unfold... 

I certainly hope one of those chapters includes submitting this cracking set of armor for Expert Infantry level, Paul!  You put your heart and soul into this build... and it shows.  Side note:  I'm envious as all heck of your E-11!

• Like 1

Thanks Mario and Joseph! 

Really do appreciate all the feedback  you guys have given me. 

I'm certainly being encouraged at my Garrison to submit for EIB, I'm working on it watch this space... 

Thank you again fellow Troopers. 

Best regards Paul 

Ps. Joseph, thanks for the compliment on the E11 it really is a treasure, Marc did a fantastic job, Cheers! 

Edited by Sithping
  • Like 1

Great work trooper, glad to hear you've been out there trooping, you may find you may have to make a few adjustments for comfort or mobility, many of us do.

You've left a very nice thread for others to follow :salute:

• Like 1