Sithping ANH TK Build (RS)

Sithping

Hello Troopers, I've been studying the forums here for about 4 weeks now and learned quite a lot about Imperial Stormtrooper armour.

All thanks to the wealth of knowledge supplied by the amazing members here at FISD i've managed to make a start on my armour build...i'm in no rush to complete & enjoying the challenge of building something i've always dreamed of, an Imperial Stormtrooper.

I'm hoping my progress pictures work in the images below.

h189Io5.jpg

XTeZoCq.jpg

eLi6pa5.jpg

2xlf34l.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD, Paul!

Seems like you got a good start already. Just mentioning it now: if you want to aim for EIB/Centurion (aka more accuracy) you should remove all of the return edge on the wrist openings of the forearms.

Looking forward to your build :popcorn:

Remember to have fun and that it's better to measure twice and cut once, ask before cutting and gluing and to check your references ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Morgi said:

Welcome to the FISD, Paul!

Seems like you got a good start already. Just mentioning it now: if you want to aim for EIB/Centurion (aka more accuracy) you should remove all of the return edge on the wrist openings of the forearms.

Looking forward to your build :popcorn:

Remember to have fun and that it's better to measure twice and cut once, ask before cutting and gluing and to check your references ;)

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

I'll be sure to ask here for advice that's a given and very much appreciated. 

• Like 1

Looking good, a great thread on return edges, just for reference 

• Like 1

That's some impressive progress! Looking good so far to me :duim:

Food for thought: have you thought about taking off the return edge at the top of the chest plate? Might make it a bit more comfortable ;)

Additionally, there seems to be a gap between your thigh armor and leg. Maybe you could tighten that a little and/or add some padding for a better fit later on.

Thanks for the feedback Luca!

Do you mean the return edge at the neck?

Yeah, i've still to add the strapping to the legs, only test fitting at the moment to try and establish where i need to trim for extra comfort, especially at top of rear thighs.

Also got loads of work to do to the shins like fit closure strips, trim at ankles and the elastic hooks.

Thanks again for the suggestions i'll definitely keep in mind when i get further on with my build.:duim:

1 hour ago, Sithping said:

... only test fitting at the moment to try and establish where i need to trim for extra comfort, especially at top of rear thighs.

Gotta' say this is one of the best builds I have seen in a while, Paul.  Lots of great attention to detail.. nice taper on the limbs, perfect gaps between the cod/thigh tops.. WOW!  One thing that jumps out is what Luca mentioned, and that is gap at the top of the right thigh.  I think that may be due to the fact that it is sitting a lot lower than it should because you haven't done the strapping yet, though.  Once it's pulled up to the correct height it should be fine.

Can you post up a pic or two of the rear thigh tops you are concerned about?

You may want to trim down/round out the tab on the bottom of the posterior plate as well.  Those angles can cause chafing after a while when trooping.  Ouch.

MVrulbl.jpg            VJmcz5z.jpg?1   5QkSTLJ.jpg?1

Keep up the fantastic work, sir, and keep those photos coming!   :salute:

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Gotta' say this is one of the best builds I have seen in a while, Paul.  Lots of great attention to detail.. nice taper on the limbs, perfect gaps between the cod/thigh tops.. WOW!  One thing that jumps out is what Luca mentioned, and that is gap at the top of the right thigh.  I think that may be due to the fact that it is sitting a lot lower than it should because you haven't done the strapping yet, though.  Once it's pulled up to the correct height it should be fine.

You may want to trim down/round out the tab on the bottom of the posterior plate as well.  Those angles can cause chafing after a while when trooping.  Ouch.

MVrulbl.jpg            VJmcz5z.jpg?1   5QkSTLJ.jpg?1

Keep up the fantastic work, sir, and keep those photos coming!   :salute:

Thanks so much! None of what I've achieved so far would be possible without the knowledge here at FISD.

I'll post some more pictures this evening... I'm currently attempting the torso elastics.

Thank you.

• Like 1

I'll echo Joseph's sentiments, and such a clean build too.

Fantastic work Paul.

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Sithping:

Thanks for the feedback Luca!

Do you mean the return edge at the neck?

That's the word I was looking for. Exactly, having that much of a return edge there seems pretty uncomfortable, so I'd take that off.

Aside from that I can only agree with Joseph and Andrew and I'm looking forward to seeing your torso put together :)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Morgi said:

That's the word I was looking for. Exactly, having that much of a return edge there seems pretty uncomfortable, so I'd take that off.

Aside from that I can only agree with Joseph and Andrew and I'm looking forward to seeing your torso put together :)

It may be the angle of the photo but the neck return edge isn't much of an issue yet, once I'm fully strapped I'll consider trimming some more:)

Scariest part of the armour build so far fitting the split rivots, nasty little things...literally I did split two, luckily RS supplied some spares with the kit.:jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

3 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

MVrulbl.jpg      

Hi Joseph, Here's some pics of the back of the thighs i'm planning on trimming for mobility.

oT9taSd.jpg

eCwuFmJ.jpg

I've also took note and marked out the lower regions for comfort.;)

8mtSXUX.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Morgi said:

Hi Luca, I took your advice today And after some more test fitting i removed about 4mm of the return edge at the neck line and it's made a difference, Thank you:jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

Today's build concludes with fitting all torso elastics.

Oh and some trimming at the rear cod snaps...i decided to use a coat hanger and clothes dryer to hang the torso for a few pics.:rolleyes:

fll8EQx.jpg

gIDlG5o.jpg

3Vzjw4j.jpg

jdpTcLR.jpg

DhRodBs.jpg

jetLE6H.jpg