Toran's RS ANH Stunt build

Toran

It can be hit and miss with color matching but it's definitely worth a try.

You can have either 3 or 4 holes trimmed, most have 4 for Stunt and only 3 for Hero version.

Some references

gallery_12157_36_21761.jpg gallery_12157_36_77206.jpg

gallery_14191_25_80481.jpg

gallery_14191_25_57708.jpg

A great wegsite for references http://www.starwarshelmets.com/original-ANH-Stunt-Stormtrooper-armor-helmets.htm

5 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

It can be hit and miss with color matching but it's definitely worth a try.

You can have either 3 or 4 holes trimmed, most have 4 for Stunt and only 3 for Hero version.

Some references

gallery_12157_36_21761.jpg gallery_12157_36_77206.jpg

gallery_14191_25_80481.jpg

gallery_14191_25_57708.jpg

A great wegsite for references http://www.starwarshelmets.com/original-ANH-Stunt-Stormtrooper-armor-helmets.htm

That was all awesome, thank you!
So, I can clear cut my eye sockets, or not, it should be fine either way.
Since this is Stunt, it would seem to be more accurate most of the time, to leave it a little rough... but as personal preference, I'd go with the clean edge.
Please advise if you think this would affect clearance levels.

Also, I was wrong in my initial statement, RS do in fact do 4 cuts on each side, so that's what I'll go for, this also being stunt, it would make more sense, now that I've also gone through the provided refferences.
Will hopefully post an update tomorrow, with my cutout progress.

3 hours ago, Toran said:

So, I can clear cut my eye sockets, or not, it should be fine either way.
Since this is Stunt, it would seem to be more accurate most of the time, to leave it a little rough... but as personal preference, I'd go with the clean edge.
Please advise if you think this would affect clearance levels..

Either way is fine, I prefer mine trimmed and clean, does give you a touch more viewing area in the inner corners.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Toran said:

Also, I was wrong in my initial statement, RS do in fact do 4 cuts on each side, so that's what I'll go for, this also being stunt, it would make more sense, now that I've also gone through the provided refferences.

And that is also a requriment in the CRL :duim:

• Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area. A total of 8 cut outs in the teeth area of the frown are present.
Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Toran said:

In this source, from starwarshelmets.com, I see a few helmets with 5 nose holes. Should I consider doing this, or nah?

FzaTOKK.jpg

Short answer: No, not if you wish to get Approved:salute:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What with the house moving and an event in neighboring Bulgaria, I had to pull away from the project for a little bit.

That said, with a little help from Michael, I've checked out Trooperbay and found they might have the perfect solutions for my missing parts.

Most notably, my missing spare ABS:
 https://www.trooperbay.com/products/star-wars-stormtrooper-white-abs-plastic-extension-strips-armor-abs-cosplay-costume-501st-1-pair

And my missing helmet decals (ANH Hand painted):
https://www.trooperbay.com/products/rs-props-replacement-stormtrooper-helmet-decal-set-star-wars-stunt-sandtrooper-or-empire-strikes-back-cosplay?variant=41798212157590

They have so many awesome things in here, I'm thinking of placing a bigger order, for gloves (with latext handguards), velcro, snaps, rivets, tools, glues...

Would anyone possibly be available to help me with what I should grab from them?
I got the lists, just gotta pair what I need in the lists with what TB has for sale.

In the meantime, I should probably grab my E6000 and get back to work on the helmet.

• 8 months later...

Closing on a full year since my last update and not much has changed. Personal issues with house moving got in the way.
Slowly getting back on this track however.

I have ordered my boots from here, on a recommendation:
https://keeptrooping.com/product/421-classic-white/

And I have the following shopping cart ready to go from trooperbay:
bczN1qG.png

Not sure if their guide will help with my RS helmet or not, and I would get 2 of their ABS strips, just be super safe, since I have none of my own, and would need the full shins/bracer strips + a little big boy extra on the sides. I am not particularly big, but it seems the armor was made for rather thin dudes :)

If anyone has any input or advice before I go ahead with the purchase, please let me know. I'll leave the basket open for a day or two before I go through with it.