Jimmiroquai R1TK Shin Construction Advice/Help

Hey all! I'm a 501st hopeful located in South Carolina working through my first armor kit and am running into difficulties assembling the shin armor on my Jimmiroquai R1TK. When I go to test fit my armor with boots/undersuit, the shin armor doesn't seem to have enough room to contain everything inside and the velcro will bust open. Does anyone have any creative tips on how they've assembled this armor? Including pictures to better illustrate and can take more if needed! Thank you in advance.

(Also, in terms of placement should the top of the shin armor cover my kneecap or should it rest just under my kneecap? I find mine rests just under and its a little uncomfortable.)

This is what I'm running into with the shin. The material is not flexible and is pretty solid. Original thought was velcro-ing the front and back of the shin armor together but it doesn't seem to contain my leg/boot.
IMG_5262-min.thumb.jpg.b2434d5625b297fab38c9a2708f2a105.jpg

Edited by spaceW4LRUS

I think Mr. Paul has one of the best solutions that's most accurate to screen-used. I've been doing the velcro too and haven't been stoked.

https://www.facebook.com/totalgrunt/videos/171713058078296

22 hours ago, spaceW4LRUS said:

This is what I'm running into with the shin. The material is not flexible and is pretty solid. Original thought was velcro-ing the front and back of the shin armor together but it doesn't seem to contain my leg/boot.

Can you hold them shut while wearing, if so you just need a better closure system

I glued strips of elastic across the inside the front shins of my Mando and Sithtrooper, just make sure there is a little give when you apply the glue so they can flex, on the rear I use velcro.

If you find they are not wide enough you may have to add some more material to the back sides.