TK Monkus Requesting ANH-S Pre Approval Review (RS)

TK Monkus

Hey Guys,

So I have completed the main build and would like to join the legion! After suiting up I can see I still have many areas to work on (which I knew I would), but hopefully what I have will be ok for basic? Once I get basic I can then work on it from there (hoping to get to centurion). See below the info and pics. If you would like any others feel free to ask. Also see below areas I think/know there are issues.

Problem Areas:

Whole midsection needs to be tapered in on front and back. Looks too wide. 

I need to adjust forearm placement( strapping issue)

Both sides of ab/kidney junction do not sit even. The kidney pushes up. (maybe add middle strap to the left side?)

But plate overlap on sides and back of thighs.

But plate back side snap area should be more tucked in I think? (maybe heat gun?)

Think I need to add mobility cuts to backs of thighs and shins

Trim down backs of shoulder straps?

Sure there are more... :) 

Information

1. Matthew Landes
  2. Southern California Garrison/Los Angeles Squad
  3. RS Props
  4. RS Props
  5. RS Props
  6. RS Props
  7. Imperial Boots
  8. Still waiting for blaster
  9. N/A
  10. 5'10
  11. 125lb
  12. ANH-S
  13. Thank you @gmrhodes13 @TKSpartan @justjoseph63

gRjpWcz.jpg

d9Mg3LB.jpg

XBwHf6I.jpg

Goelduu.jpg

39qbRFY.jpg

g31VtA0.jpg

CfFkpuy.jpg

Thanks,

Edited by TK Monkus

• TK Monkus changed the title to TK Monkus Requesting ANH-S Pre Approval Review (RS)

Hi Matt. I'll tell you some things I've seen in a first pass. Although some things would not be necessary for Basic, I would fix them, especially thinking about higher levels.;)

-Shoulder bell Gap. The other shoulder is perfect, this one however, could be improved a bit.:duim:

Reference image

EhEGpfQ.jpg                                        lWN15kU.png

-It seems that the forearms are too wide....

Reference image

fNBCpjp.jpg                                           SLDVQr5.png

-Alignment is very important. And you can also watch that the two parts do not overlap.;)

YhdzrPG.jpg                 

-Shoulder bridges. I would bend them inwards a little bit...

Reference image

BWGRik9.jpg                                    wR574Sq.png

-This area is the most problematic. Your butt plate, it overlaps the thigh. I see that (in the front pic.) you don't have room to lower the thighs a little, so maybe the solution would be to trim the thighs a little in the back. This will avoid "noises" when walking and also, the annoying "bites".:lol:

Reference image

3jg6DrI.jpg   OmPxzD0.jpg                                        3o9FaEL.jpg

On the other hand, congratulations for the great job!!!!
Especially the alignment of the helmet ears. One of the best I've seen in a very long time. Congratulations Matt.:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Remember that if you have any questions, you can contact us!!!! @Deployment Officer Team  :salute:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TK Monkus said:

Problem Areas:

Whole midsection needs to be tapered in on front and back. Looks too wide. 

I need to adjust forearm placement( strapping issue)

Both sides of ab/kidney junction do not sit even. The kidney pushes up. (maybe add middle strap to the left side?)

But plate overlap on sides and back of thighs.

But plate back side snap area should be more tucked in I think? (maybe heat gun?)

Think I need to add mobility cuts to backs of thighs and shins

Trim down backs of shoulder straps?

Hi Matt.

Overall looks  good for basic  to me, it would depend on your GML is you need to make some fix prior to approval.

All points you marked are  correct .

This one is what I think is the core issue .  Both sides of ab/kidney junction do not sit even. The kidney pushes up. (maybe add middle strap to the left side?) .  As Chemi mentioned, trimming down the thighs a bit would release some pressure  from the butt/kidney section allowing then to sit lower and even .

Keep up the great work and looking forward for your approval !  Good Luck :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 2

Looking good Matt, just in regards to your ab/kidney, being a skinnier guy myself I had to add some foam behind the kidney to help get the sides to sit correctly, @ 2", there is the option to trim some off the sides but I wanted to keep them standard sized if I ever wanted to on-sell the armor. 

Lastly just check the measurements on your detonator, also note the brackets don't get rounded off on the control panel side ;) 

g31VtA0.jpg  td.png.a495cbd6cdfed356c77a1052251cbe59.png

Wishing you the best of luck with approval, hope we see you with some numbers soon :D 

• Like 2

On 4/20/2022 at 4:20 AM, Chemi said:

Hi Matt. I'll tell you some things I've seen in a first pass. Although some things would not be necessary for Basic, I would fix them, especially thinking about higher levels.;)

-Shoulder bell Gap. The other shoulder is perfect, this one however, could be improved a bit.:duim:

Reference image

EhEGpfQ.jpg                                        lWN15kU.png

-It seems that the forearms are too wide....

Reference image

fNBCpjp.jpg                                           SLDVQr5.png

-Alignment is very important. And you can also watch that the two parts do not overlap.;)

YhdzrPG.jpg                 

-Shoulder bridges. I would bend them inwards a little bit...

Reference image

BWGRik9.jpg                                    wR574Sq.png

-This area is the most problematic. Your butt plate, it overlaps the thigh. I see that (in the front pic.) you don't have room to lower the thighs a little, so maybe the solution would be to trim the thighs a little in the back. This will avoid "noises" when walking and also, the annoying "bites".:lol:

Reference image

3jg6DrI.jpg   OmPxzD0.jpg                                        3o9FaEL.jpg

On the other hand, congratulations for the great job!!!!
Especially the alignment of the helmet ears. One of the best I've seen in a very long time. Congratulations Matt.:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Remember that if you have any questions, you can contact us!!!! @Deployment Officer Team  :salute:

Thanks Chemi! 

I knew the butt plate was going to be an issue, so thanks for the tip on cutting the thighs. I will mark something up and post it, probably in my build thread? Maybe I'll post  in both places.

For the shoulders straps can I just use a heat gun and bend them?

I also plan to add some foam inside my arms, thighs, and probably midsections as well. That will hopefully help with the "wideness" look.

Thanks,

M

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 6:38 AM, TKSpartan said:

Hi Matt.

Overall looks  good for basic  to me, it would depend on your GML is you need to make some fix prior to approval.

All points you marked are  correct .

This one is what I think is the core issue .  Both sides of ab/kidney junction do not sit even. The kidney pushes up. (maybe add middle strap to the left side?) .  As Chemi mentioned, trimming down the thighs a bit would release some pressure  from the butt/kidney section allowing then to sit lower and even .

Keep up the great work and looking forward for your approval !  Good Luck :jc_doublethumbup:

Thanks Mario. I'll mark up my thighs and post some pics as to where I am thinking of cutting!

Thanks,

M

10 minutes ago, TK Monkus said:

For the shoulders straps can I just use a heat gun and bend them?

Be very careful using a heat gun on those, they are quite thin and can easily be cooked, I have in the past just given a little bend by hand, just in a few places to help them sit flush

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 2:55 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Looking good Matt, just in regards to your ab/kidney, being a skinnier guy myself I had to add some foam behind the kidney to help get the sides to sit correctly, @ 2", there is the option to trim some off the sides but I wanted to keep them standard sized if I ever wanted to on-sell the armor. 

Lastly just check the measurements on your detonator, also note the brackets don't get rounded off on the control panel side ;) 

g31VtA0.jpg  td.png.a495cbd6cdfed356c77a1052251cbe59.png

Wishing you the best of luck with approval, hope we see you with some numbers soon :D 

Thanks Glen!

I need to get some foam for my arms and legs as well. I do want to bring the sides of my ab/kidney and bottom portion of the chest in more, so that may also help? I don't want to cut any off.

On the detonator looks like I may need to trim down the end caps a bit as they are a bit longer than the 3/4" noted. Not sure how I am going to get them off :) 

When you say the "brackets don't get rounded", are you talking about the silver metal part with the screw in it? Unfortunately this is how it came from RS...I could maybe unscrew and try and cut that, but it would shorten that a bit.

Thanks,

M

9 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Be very careful using a heat gun on those, they are quite thin and can easily be cooked, I have in the past just given a little bend by hand, just in a few places to help them sit flush

Thanks, will try that!

Thanks,

M

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TK Monkus said:

Thanks Glen!

I need to get some foam for my arms and legs as well. I do want to bring the sides of my ab/kidney and bottom portion of the chest in more, so that may also help? I don't want to cut any off.

On the detonator looks like I may need to trim down the end caps a bit as they are a bit longer than the 3/4" noted. Not sure how I am going to get them off :) 

When you say the "brackets don't get rounded", are you talking about the silver metal part with the screw in it? Unfortunately this is how it came from RS...I could maybe unscrew and try and cut that, but it would shorten that a bit.

Thanks,

M

Adding foam should help the sides come inwards

You may be stuck with the detonator as I think RS use a permanent glue, they just seem to rush theses days and a little rough in spots, just look at the right side end cap, not a very straight line at all.

Correct it was the metal brackets I was referring too but if you try to cut anything of the end of them you will either be left with a gap or have to move the holes, again I think you may be stuck the way they are.

Really up to your DO's for higher level approval, for basic approval you should be fine :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Adding foam should help the sides come inwards

You may be stuck with the detonator as I think RS use a permanent glue, they just seem to rush theses days and a little rough in spots, just look at the right side end cap, not a very straight line at all.

Correct it was the metal brackets I was referring too but if you try to cut anything of the end of them you will either be left with a gap or have to move the holes, again I think you may be stuck the way they are.

Really up to your DO's for higher level approval, for basic approval you should be fine :) 

Thanks Glen, I'll try the foam first and see how it all sits. Cutting my thighs may help a bit also. 

I'll leave my det as is for now and see what they say.

Thanks,

M

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TK Monkus said:

Thanks Glen, I'll try the foam first and see how it all sits. Cutting my thighs may help a bit also. 

After adding foam I added some tabs to the sides to help stop them from coming outwards. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

After adding foam I added some tabs to the sides to help stop them from coming outwards. 

Thanks Glen, I'll check it out.

Thanks,

M

• Like 1

I put on my torso and thighs to see how much I would need to cut off the thighs, and it looks like there is a good amount. I stood in a stance where each leg would have the most overlap. I have marked where I think I'll need to cut and hopefully you can see the marks and these will look alright. I then put it on again to see if the marks were in a good spot and the left side looks ok but the right seemed like I needed to go further so I marked further then tried again. Second time I tried them on it looked like the original line I made would actually work so I think I will cut to that line first as I can always cut more if I need. I also think I'll cut out the mobility cuts on the bottom. See pics below for where I am thinking of cutting. Honestly a bit nervous as I don't want to ruin my thighs :/ 

Left Side

TlNC1uQ.jpg

tCuxyXL.jpg

vkIhSyO.jpg

9chLaYF.jpg

htrqCFO.jpg

Right Side

tBT6hHK.jpg

vyIFTzH.jpg

QitIqjI.jpg

swdqchV.jpg

First try

U1dTK8z.jpg

Second try (first line is from the first try, second line was the "fix")

hQ9oHE4.jpg

Mobility cuts

6rC1Khl.jpg

KyvYEal.jpg

Thanks,

M

I totally agree with you. It is better if you cut little by little...Better to put on the armor 20 times, than ruin your thighs.:duim:

Regarding mobility cuts, remember that "Any mobility cuts on the back do not extend beyond the top of the raised ridge".

I would adjust less at the top... Something like this:

KyvYEal-crop.jpg.9e73d257ac8b2d5bc5a0f9c8225b661a.jpg   

Great job Matt!!!:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 6:01 AM, Chemi said:

I totally agree with you. It is better if you cut little by little...Better to put on the armor 20 times, than ruin your thighs.:duim:

Regarding mobility cuts, remember that "Any mobility cuts on the back do not extend beyond the top of the raised ridge".

I would adjust less at the top... Something like this:

KyvYEal-crop.jpg.9e73d257ac8b2d5bc5a0f9c8225b661a.jpg   

Great job Matt!!!:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Thanks Chemi, will do!

Thanks,

M

• Like 1

I trimmed the tops of my thighs and there is now no overlap! There is also far less noise when I walk haha. I have also found cinching my belt tighter helps to keep things where they should be.

I still need to deal with the butt plate snap area. I am thinking of heat gunning it so it sits more "flat" if that makes sense? That is the only area where there is still some rub, but when I hold it where it should be (pointing more towards the cod then towards the ground) there is no rub. When I bend it there is a point that shows in the side. I will circle it in the pic below, but can I just heat that flat again or will that pose a problem and potentially crack? See pics below (excuse the back pick. I am holding the phone over my head to get the shot in a mirror)

dl0xvyg.jpg

NTcTmFC.jpg

b94RUTU.jpg

Butt plate as currently is

CvtRgXL.jpg

Where I think it needs to be 

pY3v4Bq.jpg

Thanks,

M

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to all who helped out here and gave me tips on my pre approval. I am happy to announce I was given my ID number! I know I still have work to do for the higher levels here in the FISD (which I will continue to work on), but this was a dream and the very start of it. I have requested access so hope to be official here soon as well.

TK66007 reporting for duty!

Thanks,

M

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TK Monkus said:

Thank you to all who helped out here and gave me tips on my pre approval. I am happy to announce I was given my ID number! I know I still have work to do for the higher levels here in the FISD (which I will continue to work on), but this was a dream and the very start of it. I have requested access so hope to be official here soon as well.

TK66007 reporting for duty!

Excellent news trooper, congratulations and welcome to the ranks :salute:

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 2:35 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Excellent news trooper, congratulations and welcome to the ranks :salute:

Thank you Glen! Your help has been invaluable.

Thanks,

M

• Like 1