Morgi's ANH Stunt to ESB Conversion

Morgi

vor 19 Minuten schrieb TKSpartan:

Looking great Luca!!   :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:   ,  the first action shot in the collage is the most menacing IMO :laugh1: :peace:

Thanks, it means a lot to hear that!

Yeah, I thought it was too terrifying, so I didn't choose it. I'm already regretting that decision though :laugh1:  Although the (definitely spot-on) Spider-Man pose in the fourth picture is a strong contestant :peace:

• Like 1

Great work Luca, if I can just mention your TD looks to be sitting high on the belt. Also once dressed and stationary just get whoever is taking your photos to make sure your drop boxes align withe the end of the plastic belt.

87dwCoc.jpg

I won't say good luck as you don't need it :peace:

• Like 2

vor 8 Minuten schrieb gmrhodes13:

Great work Luca, if I can just mention your TD looks to be sitting high on the belt. Also once dressed and stationary just get whoever is taking your photos to make sure your drop boxes align withe the end of the plastic belt.

87dwCoc.jpg

I won't say good luck as you don't need it :peace:

Yeah, also the belt is a little crooked and I haven't gotten around to replacing my shoulder bell connections... Additionally, I'm not really happy with my holster position. Alas, we had like 10 minutes until sunset, so we were too hurried to do more than having me stand in the correct position and take the picture, so there were no adjustments to any parts once stationary. Definitely stuff to look out for in the future though, so thanks for your feedback! :salute:

Very kind of you to say that! I'm cautiously optimistic for this one, but if you say I don't need any luck, I'm sure I'll get an easy pass :D

• Like 1

As predicted by Glen, luck wasn't needed -- I got my ESB TK approved yesterday evening without any remarks. :happyandcheerfulbirthday:

On to EIB?

Of course I hope to get this to the next level eventually. Here's what I need to do to achieve that:

- Adjust Ear Position 

- Fix Brow Position

- New Canvas Belt + Ammo Belt Snaps

- Get an ESB E-11 

Additionally there's a few things that I want to redo in general and will document those in my ANH Stunt Build Thread.

If you notice anything, feel free to let me know ^_^

• Like 2

Called it ;) 

Congratulations trooper, looking forward to seeing your EIB application soon 

• Like 1

vor 21 Stunden schrieb Nairy:

Congrats Luca! Amazing! :happyandcheerfulbirthday::jc_doublethumbup:

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Sly11:

Congratulations Luca, well done sir.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb TKSpartan:

Congratulations !!!  :happyandcheerfulbirthday: :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Sithping:

Congratulations Luca :duim:

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Doggydoc:

Congrats Luca. 

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Chemi:

Congratulations Luca!!!:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Thank you all so much for the congratulations! They make for an amazing start in the day! :wub:

vor 8 Stunden schrieb gmrhodes13:

Called it ;) 

Congratulations trooper, looking forward to seeing your EIB application soon 

Haha, I'm not surprised. Thanks Glen! Although I get a feeling that the EIB will take me at least as long as my ANH Stunt EIB did :laugh1:

As always, I'll keep all of you updated on any and all progress. Thank you so much for your interest and support :salute:

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
Am 19.5.2022 um 23:23 schrieb gmrhodes13:

Beautiful work, came out a treat, if I would recommend anything to tweak it would be your left ear, the ear is a little more on an angle than a lot of references references ;) 

6CAnDb8.thumb.jpg.27ad2e3bdccccabf5965cfcd86fec812.jpg

Am 22.11.2022 um 07:27 schrieb Morgi:

On to EIB?

Of course I hope to get this to the next level eventually. Here's what I need to do to achieve that:

- Adjust Ear Position 

- Fix Brow Position

- New Canvas Belt + Ammo Belt Snaps

- Get an ESB E-11 

Adjust Ear Position 

Here's a little treat for all the perfectionists and improvement-seekers out there. How To fix my ears. I'll reference methods that I already used to change my knee rivet placement and adjust my ab-kidney rivets but will go a bit more in-depth for those curious. 

z33lWFp.jpg

As Glen rightfully pointed out back in May, the angle of my ear and the ear screws wasn't as good as it could have been. With my ANH Stunt Centurion now achieved (:happyandcheerfulbirthday:) it was a good opportunity to work on this problem.

uwVCgpU.jpg

Firstly I removed the left ear, positioning it on the rest of the helmet to find a good angle, marking down the correct screw placements and other changes I needed to make, in order to fit the ear into the new position. Part of that was moving the top of the ear further back and the bottom of the ear towards the front. 

OS5yg21.jpg

Since I needed to change the screw positions I filled the holes in the ear with ABS paste. Here's a tutorial I made a while ago.  However, contrary to my advice back then (and now. Don't do this.) I went over it with barely ABS-soaked Acetone towards the end to give it that smooth finish. Don't do that, just sand and polish it. If I didn't have three pairs of replacement left ears I wouldn't have done it either. Luckily it turned out well for me. 

sfLR70u.jpg

Once the ABS paste had dried I drilled a new hole into the ear, the time double checking the angle and screw placement. Everything fit well, so I counter-sank the screws for that Centurion Appereance. 

UhIz2QI.jpg

I apologize for the bad lighting, but this is what the helmet looks like now. I'll probably tighten the screws a bit further for a closer ear fit. Although the angle and placements aren't perfect now either, they're a lot closer to the desired outcome. 

All in all, this took me about 45 minutes spread over two evenings, so it was a pretty quick fix. 

Next up?

I've talked with @MaskedVengeanceabout replacement canvas belts and how to properly fasten the ABS belt to the replaceable canvas belt, so I think that might be a good project to start into the new year with. Additionally I still have two proposed changes to my current armor that I'd like to implement in the future, based on information by Alan Flying, who had played one of the ESB TKs during the Bespin scenes. 

Happy holidays everyone and have a good start into the new year!

• Like 5

• 1 year later...
vor 2 Stunden schrieb TKMilt:

I am in the process of switching my ANH over to ESB and I must say this thread has been incredibly helpful. 

I'm very glad to hear that! Good luck with your conversion and feel free to reach out if there's anything I could help with :salute:

4 hours ago, TKMilt said:

I am in the process of switching my ANH over to ESB and I must say this thread has been incredibly helpful. 

A great comparison of the different versions parts here 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10tEVteIreh6AHMogW010cuH_Bf8TBfU6/view