Greetings from New York City!

Hello all! I'm Josiah, 25 years of age, living in the Empire City! I'm an Emergency Medical Technician and currently work at a hospital as a Hyperbaric Medicine Technologist. Just recently I have come across this world of forums and I have to say... I am ADDICTED! Been reading through all the valuable information and tips on putting together TK kits. This community is amazing and super helpful! 

Just recently, I placed an order with RS Prop Masters for a fully commissioned Sandtrooper kit. From several threads, I have read that with RS Prop Masters, there are minor tweaks that have to be done to prepare your costume for approval. I've gone over the MEPD Costume Detachment and familiarized myself with the requirement my kit has to meet. I have tried searching for the changes that have to be done specific to the RS Prop Masters sandtrooper, but haven't had any luck. Would anyone be able to provide me a link? 

Also, is there anything I should consider buying from here until I receive my kit? Anything that would add to my comfort while trooping if my armor gets 501st Legion approval?

So far, I have ordered a TRamp Voice Amplifier. Thinking of purchasing Troopacoola fans for my helmet as well. 

Thank you, wonderful people!

• Like 2

Hi Josiah and welcome to the FISD!  So yeah RS is one of the best sets of armor you can buy. What you will need to make sure of is that since you are getting it commissioned is that it fits you correctly. The ECG GML is a real stickler (me). Is the undersuit, neck seal and boots included in the kit?   If not then you will need to purchase them. I did receive your email I just haven’t had a chance to respond yet. I apologize for that. Also, head over to our ecg forums to introduce yourself as well. www.forum.501ecg.com. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Hey Steve! Thank you so much for that information! Shortly after ordering, they contacted me with instructions on the measurements they would need from me. I was able to provide them every measurement they requested. Fingers crossed, hoping it all fits well! However I have noticed that the fit isn't always perfect. 

As far as the under suit, neck seal and boots; These are included in the kit I purchased.  

And, no need to apologize! Thank you so much for reaching out to me through the forum! :) I really appreciate it and I'll be heading over to the 501st forums to introduce myself! 

Welcome aboard Josiah! As a recent RS commission receiver I can tell you that they do indeed do some awesome work! One thing that I found helpful for comfort was some one inch craft foam and industrial strength velcro to hold it in place. The foam will help the pinch points and keep certain pieces in place, notably the forearms that like to rotate. I also found the foam useful in lowering the helmet as the folks at RS are very traditional and I found the star shaped foam included was too thick.

https://www.amazon.com/24-Square-Foam-Sheet/dp/B00CAYALT4/ref=asc_df_B00CAYALT4/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=507811518192&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9019903058790076534&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9033279&hvtargid=pla-1238526267985&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-Industrial-Fasteners-Professional/dp/B09S15D5R4/ref=sxts_rp_s1_0?crid=P1Z8FIRKZ3KO&cv_ct_cx=industrial%2Bstrength%2Bvelcro&keywords=industrial%2Bstrength%2Bvelcro&pd_rd_i=B0010HADEA&pd_rd_r=06b0c32d-5ced-48e5-bbb9-8cd8f27559a6&pd_rd_w=NkCpD&pd_rd_wg=AY59r&pf_rd_p=4cfe7f63-d9f6-487a-8b8d-970636ab0992&pf_rd_r=Z113EVVCVCTGTXCTDPD1&psc=1&qid=1649875387&sprefix=industrial%2Bstr%2Caps%2C231&sr=1-1-cb9ed203-36f2-497c-b389-dfec57adb781&th=1

Now for the hardest part, the waiting.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard as you are going Sandtrooper head over to MEPD they look after everything Sandtrooper 

• Like 1