TK-66744 requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (RS) (1043)

Mandatory Information

Armor = RS Kit
Helmet= RS Kit
Blaster= Troopacoola Kit, assembled by T-Jay

Optional

Height = 177cm
Weight = 55kg
Boots = Imperial Boots
Canvas belt = RS
Hand Plates = RS
Neck Seal = RS
Holster = Darman

Full Body

f9bSFL5.jpeg

cYJQMVk.jpeg

dhnecL2.jpeg

pnJv9DT.jpeg

ET8pyvf.jpeg

Armor Details 

r2rD38O.jpeg

8x1ZVpC.jpeg

2DIS5t8.jpeg

CY9uqkQ.jpeg

oVJscZJ.jpeg

QsDZTfg.jpeg

87cvQZX.jpeg

9OSYdfV.jpeg

AFYLeWZ.jpeg

vYHL1jh.jpeg

ursgp3b.jpeg

VCaTQ3q.jpeg

Helmet Details 

8TJz5iD.jpeg

G6WgM2S.jpeg

zkOkIGA.jpeg

7wjVic3.jpeg

K0nV5R5.jpeg

kSeVk3c.jpeg

Accessories 

swYNDBz.jpeg

9obLVjY.jpeg

UALqTHb.jpeg

BGNVJQq.jpeg

KFpdt21.jpeg

Bhd4fll.jpeg

2xzYOMs.jpeg

Blaster Details 

fIHB3hz.jpeg

C00qg0t.jpeg

onYoTFd.jpeg

If any pictures are missing, please let me know. Thanks for your consideration!

• Like 2

Hi Luca, and THANKS for your awesome submission for E.I.!  I can tell that you really put your heart into this build, sir... so many aspects are absolute textbook.  But (as you were probably expecting) there are a few items.  Nothing that you can't take care of in a few minutes, but we have faith in you!

First up is the drop box on the right side.  It's a small thing, but the edges need to line up just as they do on your left side.  A dab of E-6000 behind the rear of the strap and you are good to go!  I know it may be a pain, but we will need an updated photo (right side only, suited up) once you get this done.

bgpXbRF.jpg  Pur2zEg.jpg

Not a deal breaker for Level 2, but the vocoder should be symmetrical on both sides.  10 seconds with a paintbrush will do the trick.

FA0pxgM.jpg?1     1jPxCfJ.jpg?1

KUDOS:

Fantastic to see that you painted your hand guards!  Also wanted to say that you really did an outstanding job on lining up the sniper knee plate with the ridges on the shin.  Not the easiest of feats (especially with RS) but you made it work!  Does it stick out a bit on the bottom (yellow arrow)?  Yep, but I LOVE it!  Well done!

hwl9Sgg.jpg?1          oPxyRac.jpg?1

• Like 3

Nice work trooper, you may just want to give that Hengstler a little twist ;) 

fIHB3hz.jpeg

For reference

5Xtpr0a.png

• Like 2

vor 4 Stunden schrieb gmrhodes13:

Nice work trooper, you may just want to give that Hengstler a little twist ;) 

fIHB3hz.jpeg

For reference

5Xtpr0a.png

Now this is a comment, I've been expecting, given the fact that this alignment is very unusual and based on something Joseph pointed out here recently. It is, apparently, more canon than not having it twisted. 

EDIT: 

"Placement of the counter is ideally mounted slightly above the folding stock rail with the rear lined up above the stock bolt as seen below.

As seen in the last 3 images below, the counter is angled and follows the contour of the folding stock."

8fSyBl1.jpg?3 384kUWa.jpg?1 4RmfYe9.jpg?1 

5V6ViyR.jpeg

Still, here's a picture with the counter in the more common alignment, just for you, Glen. I will be turning it back into the twisted position as soon as possible tho :laugh1:

vor 5 Stunden schrieb justjoseph63:

Hi Luca, and THANKS for your awesome submission for E.I.!  I can tell that you really put your heart into this build, sir... so many aspects are absolute textbook.  But (as you were probably expecting) there are a few items.  Nothing that you can't take care of in a few minutes, but we have faith in you!

First up is the drop box on the right side.  It's a small thing, but the edges need to line up just as they do on your left side.  A dab of E-6000 behind the rear of the strap and you are good to go!  I know it may be a pain, but we will need an updated photo (right side only, suited up) once you get this done.

bgpXbRF.jpg  Pur2zEg.jpg

Not a deal breaker for Level 2, but the vocoder should be symmetrical on both sides.  10 seconds with a paintbrush will do the trick.

FA0pxgM.jpg?1     1jPxCfJ.jpg?1

KUDOS:

Fantastic to see that you painted your hand guards!  Also wanted to say that you really did an outstanding job on lining up the sniper knee plate with the ridges on the shin.  Not the easiest of feats (especially with RS) but you made it work!  Does it stick out a bit on the bottom (yellow arrow)?  Yep, but I LOVE it!  Well done!

hwl9Sgg.jpg?1          oPxyRac.jpg?1

The one time that that dropbox is not aligned... Oh well, thanks for pointing it out! I'll take that right side photo as soon as I find the time for a suit up. Do I need to retake the entire full body shot, or is a more detail focused picture enough? Because for a full-body I'd have to wait until the weekend, given that I've got no-one around who could help me suit up before my troop this weekend, detail I could get done on my own this evening.

Regarding the vocoder it appears to me, as if putting more paint on top of the two right ones would make it less symmetrical, but I'll give it another look when I'm broadening that one stroke. Again, thanks for the feedback, I very much appreciate it! 

Thank you so much, sir! That sniper plate was, after all, the reason I joined the FISD and started a build thread, so I'm glad to see it turned out as well and better than I was expecting.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Crampeat:

Good luck Luca. It's good to see photos of the trooper behind all the great memes!

Thanks, bro! Haha, and now it's even been revealed why my memes have been focusing on the DOs and higher level stuff so often lately :P

If there's anything else missing/needing another suit up, please point it out to me, otherwise I'll try to get those pictures to you as soon as possible.

Edited by Morgi
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Morgi said:

Now this is a comment, I've been expecting, given the fact that this alignment is very unusual and based on something Joseph pointed out here recently. It is, apparently, more canon than not having it twisted. 

EDIT: 

"Placement of the counter is ideally mounted slightly above the folding stock rail with the rear lined up above the stock bolt as seen below.

As seen in the last 3 images below, the counter is angled and follows the contour of the folding stock."

8fSyBl1.jpg?3 384kUWa.jpg?1 4RmfYe9.jpg?1 

Still, here's a picture with the counter in the more common alignment, just for you, Glen. I will be turning it back into the twisted position as soon as possible tho :laugh1:

Entirely up to you what you do, the common general appearance is mainly used for reference with applications, what you change now could save some wait time when possibly pointed out by the DO's. 

The reference images you show are not from the movie, they are from the Propstore who did resell some blasters over the years, normally only screen images are used for reference purposes by the DO's ;) 

• Like 1

vor 8 Minuten schrieb gmrhodes13:

The reference images you show are not from the movie, they are from the Propstore who did resell some blasters over the years, normally only screen images are used for reference purposes by the DO's ;) 

Very interesting, thanks for the background info -- I had no clue where those pictures came from, only that they looked legit, that a DO said that the counter is angled and that in a later comment on the thread it was said that both versions should pass for EIB/Centurion. Gotta keep an eye out if I can spot this on screen as well.

As my counter is currently easily turned a few millimeters to either direction I've got no problems submitting an additional picture with the counter parallel to the main body, in order to cut down on those wait times ;)

Thanks for your feedback, sir, it's always a joy learning more about these fascinating costumes :salute:

• Like 1

So, today worked out spectacularly, so here's the updates:

vor 15 Stunden schrieb justjoseph63:

A little more than 10 seconds, but here's the freshly painted vocoder

vqIe5mE.jpeg

vor 15 Stunden schrieb justjoseph63:

0NFlLEJ.jpeg

Yes, not the best background for these types of pictures, but if I wanted this done today, this background was my only choice. Drop boxes sit nicely, the rest hopefully does too.

Hope this is all, I'm looking forward to your feedback :salute:

• Like 2

MUCH better, sir, and THANKS!

Just one more issue... it looks as if you have too many wrinkles in your undersuit.  A professional tailor can take care of that for you..

CdJJ0C7.jpg?1

Just kidding, Luca.  :laugh1:  See?  We in the D.O. department DO have a sense of humor (contrary to popular belief).  I will be the one doing your review, so hang in there.

• Like 3

vor 7 Stunden schrieb MaskedVengeance:

Haha, it took me quite a while to paint my vocoder. Great job on yours, and securing that wayward drop box. :D

Thank you, brother!

vor 4 Stunden schrieb justjoseph63:

MUCH better, sir, and THANKS!

Just one more issue... it looks as if you have too many wrinkles in your undersuit.  A professional tailor can take care of that for you..

CdJJ0C7.jpg?1

boh5MG0.jpeg 

Oh no, you just had to ask whilst my tailor was on vacation, didn't you? Maybe we can see past them on the basis that those wrinkles are clearly because of the awkward position of my arms? :laugh1:

vor 4 Stunden schrieb justjoseph63:

Just kidding, Luca.  :laugh1:  See?  We in the D.O. department DO have a sense of humor (contrary to popular belief).  I will be the one doing your review, so hang in there.

Ah, no worries, after so many memes about all of you (and a few answering memes in return) I'm quite confident in saying that you lot do have a sense of humor -- and a quite good one as well ;)

I'll be waiting for your review, thanks, Joseph! 

• Like 2

Hi Luca, and thank you for your application for ANH Stunt Expert Infantry!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to EI!  On behalf of the entire DO staff, congratulations!!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Thanks for your patience!!  Overall a really nice build, sir, and a lot of great attention to details!  You nailed it for Expert infantry, but since Centurion is the pinnacle we have a few issues to over, but after seeing what an amazing job you did with this armor there's nothing you can't handle!  :jc_doublethumbup:

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Starting with the stripes on the rear traps-  the height is spot-on, but they need to be thicker to match the screen references as seen below.  If you don't feel comfortable using a paintbrush, you could try a paint pen (link here).

Reference images

oOF7UDL.jpg   hWYVMzP.jpg  yIs1Zpu.jpg?1

Next up-  We noticed a couple of issues with the rear of your left thigh.  The right one looks fine and dandy, but the left one has a much smaller gap between the top / posterior plate, and the cover strip is longer.  A small amount is no big deal, but it's pretty noticeable and as seen in the reference images the thigh tops should be more or less level and the strips should be the same length.

I would not suggest just lowering the left thigh, as the tops of the inside and the level in the front are perfect, but trimming the left one down to match the right would remedy both issues and give you a more symmetrical look.

Should take you all of 15-20 minutes at most!

gib0f4Q.jpg    3omrZ0P.jpg   ftqlA6O.jpg?1

Reference images

amj2wfc.jpg?1   vFTBAhu.jpg?1   3vPFAPn.jpg?1

Last up is a the rivet placement.  Although not specifically mentioned in the CRL, the top one needs to be closer to the top of the kidney.  Although it can't be seen, we suspect the ab rivet needs to be moved as well.  This is an issue that we have seen many times in the past, and is honestly not as difficult to fix as it may seem.  The rivets can be removed and re-used, and it's just a matter of filling/sanding the holes.  I know this seems like a small issue and very few people would ever notice, but for Level 3 it's all about screen accuracy and those 

Reference images

JkX60DL.jpg            GCEGklI.jpg    IYycXsI.jpg   o7XCZa2.jpg?1

We KNOW that you can take care of these items, brother, and we are at your disposal if you need help.  Looking forward to seeing the results when you submit for Centurion!  :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-66744 requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (RS) (1043)
vor 7 Stunden schrieb justjoseph63:

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to EI!  On behalf of the entire DO staff, congratulations!!  :salute:

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Chemi:

Congratulations #1043!!! :salute:

vor 2 Stunden schrieb TKSpartan:

Congratulations Luca, Welcome to EIB ranks! . :happyandcheerfulbirthday:

Just a couple of adjustments and you're ready for the next step. Centurion. ! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

vor einer Stunde schrieb Crampeat:

Congratulations Luca! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley: Welcome to the ranks.

Onward to the next level :smiley-sw013:

Thanks everybody, I'm honored to join the ranks! :salute:

Regarding Centurion Modifications 

Starting with the stripes on the rear traps-  the height is spot-on, but they need to be thicker to match the screen references as seen below.  If you don't feel comfortable using a paintbrush, you could try a paint pen (link here).

Reference images

oOF7UDL.jpg   hWYVMzP.jpg  yIs1Zpu.jpg?1

Ahhh, I see what you're talking about. I'll try my luck with a brush first, as my hands have gotten more steady with a paint-brush since that first attempt and it would be closer to what I want the bucket to look like: hand painted with a brush :laugh1:

Next up-  We noticed a couple of issues with the rear of your left thigh.  The right one looks fine and dandy, but the left one has a much smaller gap between the top / posterior plate, and the cover strip is longer.  A small amount is no big deal, but it's pretty noticeable and as seen in the reference images the thigh tops should be more or less level and the strips should be the same length.

I would not suggest just lowering the left thigh, as the tops of the inside and the level in the front are perfect, but trimming the left one down to match the right would remedy both issues and give you a more symmetrical look.

Should take you all of 15-20 minutes at most!

Would you believe me, if I said this was already one of the twenty items still on my to-do list? It's now been moved up in the prioritizing. 15-20 Minutes sounds a bit ambitious, as I would prefer to not only cut them, but afterwards reform the return edges as well. If someone could provide me with a reference photo for a side-view, I would be grateful, as that would be an enormous help with shaping and cutting the thighs. I'll keep in touch throughout my steps, so I'm looking forward to any feedback offered ;)

Last up is a the rivet placement.  Although not specifically mentioned in the CRL, the top one needs to be closer to the top of the kidney.  Although it can't be seen, we suspect the ab rivet needs to be moved as well.  This is an issue that we have seen many times in the past, and is honestly not as difficult to fix as it may seem.  The rivets can be removed and re-used, and it's just a matter of filling/sanding the holes.  I know this seems like a small issue and very few people would ever notice, but for Level 3 it's all about screen accuracy and those 

Reference images

JkX60DL.jpg            GCEGklI.jpg    IYycXsI.jpg   o7XCZa2.jpg?1

Removing those rivets without damaging them will be impossible, I fear, due to my inexperience with rivets having already damaged them. I assume just gluing the head of the rivet into the correct position wouldn't be acceptable, even if the outside appearance matches the original armor looks? Filling and sanding won't be a problem, I do love my ABS paste.

I'm looking forward to the next steps, thanks for the feedback, Joseph (and team)!

• Like 2

Congratulations for reaching EIB, Luca. Glad to see you made it. :duim:

To not leave you bored at home, the team has pointed out some minor things for Centurion which I am sure, you will be capable of fixing. ;)

Looking forward to your next update... :D

• Like 1

Congratulations and welcome to the EI ranks trooper 

For future reference, ideal background info here ;) 

bb7oekR.png

• Like 2

It looks (at least from the photos) that you have almost no return edge as it is, which should allow you to trim them with no issues, so I honestly would not recommend attempting to put a return edge back on them.   Just make sure that the cod snaps are connected and you may be good to go.

RgBE3zn.jpg?1       DKNeJIa.jpg?2  jkq8ss7.jpg?1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...