Help with Color // ANH from RS props

Hi. I'm relatively new to the Garrison and noticed before the first troop that the blue and gray spots on the belly were a bit worn. Luckily I had the colors to touch up. It had a little bit of blue touch up and I sprayed some model paint over it afterwards and it swelled up both the blue and the gray and I had to touch it all up completely. Of course I got the crisis. Especially since I noticed that RS Props somehow used a darker gray than they recommended. Now I have the additional problem that I managed to get the white spots totally unattractive. I urgently need help with this. You can also send photos to that person. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Normally Humbrol paints are used but you can use others if not available, some use Testors or even acrylic paint and apply a clear over the top as acrylic paint dries matt.

f0b9a66c171a1c54908b21e2ccf2eef7.jpg

Color references

LSuei4K.jpg?1   JViLwBX.jpg?1

Thanks for the answer. The problem is, I was told Humbrol, I bought it and had the result first.A1AF9912-4AEC-454D-9999-58E64B6A9722.thumb.jpeg.6653d27f317fd77e9c47fe48dbd572e3.jpeg

The darker gray was on it and I wanted to touch it up but then realized it's the wrong one. Or another. I've now repainted all the buttons grey with the lighter one, but the helmet is still the darker grey.

Shouldn't really be an issue the difference in grey from helmet to ab buttons, I doubt your GML (garrison membership liaison) would even notice.

I would remove all the darker grey from your buttons and paint with the lighter, use thin coats as Humbrol does not like going on thick and can/will wrinckle.

14 hours ago, KurokSeivel said:

Thanks for the replies guys. I've done it this way now too. I'm just wondering why it is like that. I've also written to RS now.

At the end of the day RS are not as specific on some detail as we are here, our DO team have reached out to RS to ask if they would make a few changes but they are not interested in doing so. 

Hey guys. Sorry, but after a few days it looks like the picture again. What am I doing wrong? Is it on the ground? I just want it back as shiny as we did at the beginning. But when I paint it, this swells up with the paint. I also have the question, should I spray paint over it afterwards? If so, which one?

Looks like a reaction with the paint below, make sure all the old paint is removed and only apply thin coats, can take several coats and days until you get a final product