Hideya's Disney E-11 Blaster Modification

Hideya

Hi everyone.

Here's my modification of the Disney E-11 blaster.

After seeing the various Disney blaster builds on FISD and seeing how much fun they were having with this very inexpensive, practical, yet quite accurate (?) blaster ,  I decided to try it myself.

I started the build back in February 2020 and took about a month.  Even after all the trooping and transportation and drops, it's still  in good condition and is still my trusty side arm!

My rules were :

1. Use only the basic tools and material I have. Keep it reasonable. 

2. DIY extra parts if necessary. No resin parts, no waiting for any package to come.

3. Scavenge the electronic for another project. No pew pew on this build.
4. E-11 Reference guide and everyone's build was very much studied but accuracy not important so much. 

5. Have fun.

The blaster was about Japanese Yen 2,500 on the net, which was the original retail price. (approx US$20),  They no longer sell it at Disney but they still pop up on the net every now and then so it is still available if patient.

At least in Japan where I live.

Anyway here's the Disney blaster.

zB66Qbk.jpg?1

9quwg7V.jpg?1

Here's the blaster taken apart. Electronics were taken out for another project.

YRlS7Uy.jpg

sfmkARx.jpg

Muzzle, magazine well, Hengstler counter sawed off with a rotary tool.  This was to start with a clean receiver which I would reattach the parts later.

BhMRlWH.jpg

Remaining T-tracks shaved off, holes on the outer barrel manually drilled.

The gaping hole where the Hengster and scope was fused together and sawed off were patched up with styrene board/ epoxy putty / normal Tamiya putty. 

The scope was missing a quarter of the body because it was take apart from the receiver. Same materials and procedure was used to close up the gaping hole as well.

After all the patch up work, then lots of shaving with a box cutter, metal file, sand paper and patience cleaned up the surfaces.  Henglster in the photo was scrapped and swapped with a DIY one in the end.

uV2cBnv.jpg

Inside painted matt black. 
r8c7ctX.jpg

Here's a close up of the patch up job of the parts.

WEpwDyX.jpg?2

Finally ready for painting.

Typical of my project, Tamiya's rattle can was mainly used. 

Gray Tamiya surfacer, then Tamiya's matt black, then Turner's iron colored texture paint and Tamiya's matt black as final coat.

Tamiya's semi gloss clear was sprayed to keep the surface consistent.

UYT7nBg.jpg

• Like 3

T-Tracks were made by gluing together 1mm thick styrene plates. 

The tips were heated with a lighter and bent into position in the holes of the outer barrel. 

There were several T-Tracks which burnt up and shriveled being too close to the light flame. I simply made another and tried again till I got it right.   

mzjS6Ql.jpg

Muzzle was made from layering several sheets of styrene sheet and carefully cutting and sanding to a round shape I wanted. 

Hex bolt was installed in the muzzle for a realistic look.

ZwJVrQH.jpg?2

Hengstler counter was DIY'd from styrene plates entirely. For the numbers in the rear, I scavenged the inner parts from an actual counter from a 100 yen shop and glued it in the newly made counter.

dOePDpK.jpg?1

NcIs7OR.jpg?1

wF2Lfxz.jpg?1

Here's the blaster during the primer.  Aluminum scope rail is not yet install in the photo.

The long slot in the receiver was cut out by repeatedly scribing the surface of the receiver with a ruler and box cutter.

GElCoXv.jpg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Always fun to see a good blaster conversion. I enjoyed your resent Asahi airsoft thread too.

Thanks for coming by.

Motivation for my builds came from seeing everyone's great builds. 

I figured I just might be able to give and share some of the inspiration back to everyone by posting on the FISD.

I also enjoyed your Hyperfirm review.

23 hours ago, revlimiter said:

This is some fantastic work! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

I may have found a cheap one on ebay to salvage the electronics from for my resin blaster. Thanks for the inspiration!

Electronics of the Disney blaster is simple yet quite impressive. 

Both great light and phew phew sounds, stun as well. All in a compact package.

I would recommend hot gluing the soldering points of the wiring become they tend to break off every now and then.

I also found it challenging trying to get the desired sound and volume when used in another project.   Inside construction of Disney blaster may look very rudimentary but this open cavity is what make the Disney blaster sound so good with such a cheap looking speaker.   I experimented with various speakers and placement. Hope you have fun. I certainly did! 

This is how I applied Turner's texture paint.

Photo is actually from another E-11 project of mine but is the identical procedure. 

Got an old sponge from the kitchen and just kept dabbing a small amount of the paint onto a small area and keep dabbing till it's almost dry.

Then repeat the procedure again and again till it covers with entire area. I found this worked the best for me.   I recommend testing various amounts and procedure on a scrap material till you find the finish you like. 

Dy2Hgmc.jpg

Mine turned out like this. Again this photo is from another project but I think you get the idea.

RPRgUaR.jpg

• Like 2

So here's the completed Disney E-11 Blaster modification.

So here's the original.

khXVcuP.jpg?1

and then the modified blaster.

nxni0Xk.jpg

Original again,

94CsAfH.jpg

and the modified one.

kU0gO5r.jpg

More photos.

ZhelC05.jpg

3AMxnBk.jpg?1

NYajdGP.jpg

I know it's missing the power cylinder, rear end cap design among others but I'm satisfied as it is and I'm calling it complete for this build.

It weighs only 340 grams so it's super troopable. It won't bother you even when it's in the holster.

Edited by Hideya
  • Like 2

On 3/27/2022 at 3:05 AM, revlimiter said:

That's an incredible transformation and a beautiful final product. And that weight!!! My 3 lb (1300 g!) E11 is a bit jealous of that lightness.

Outstanding build. :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Thank you !

The light weight makes this my favorite E-11 to carry around. 

I originally thought of having weights inside to make it heavier but I'm glad I didn't.

I had a lot of fun with this build and what surprised me was that this Disney Blaster looks good just by painting it only black without the mods.

Level of mods you can do depends on you. 

Let me upload some more pics I've taken of the original and modified one for comparison.

Some more photos.

Muzzle and front sight was replaced with DIY'd one.

1qltauH.jpg?1

DzFIxrI.jpg

Here's the original and modified side by side.

Yes, I couldn't help myself from buying another clean original Disney Blaster. I'm going to keep this as it is because why not ?

NuSVHH0.jpg

uVW13eF.jpg

Comparison of the right side.

5AA762j.jpg

t6aEoZW.jpg

bCZmSC4.jpg

GeVnpkb.jpg

Side by side comparison.

zbYG4Gf.jpg

ry6bqoB.jpg

This build was completed with only the basic tools and material I had. No resin parts, no printed parts. Just styrene plates, epoxy putty, sandpaper and patience.

Hoping this may become some reference to anyone looking for a inexpensive reasonable and fun build.

Edited by Hideya
  • Like 3

On 3/29/2022 at 12:03 AM, MaskedVengeance said:

Very cool transformation at a low cost with minimal tool! GREAT work! I have a couple Rubies E-11s that I'd like to do similar conversions to in the future.

Thanks !

I believe it all depends on what you want, whether it be accuracy, troopability,  budget etc and/or combination of these.

Mine just happened to be having FUN with minimeal cost, tools and DIY.

I'm very interested in the Rubies' E-11.  I'll be looking forward in seeing your future E-11 builds.

Cheers !

The work done on this is amazing. I have 2 Disney blasters I gutted for the electronics and was thinking to junk the shells but after seeing what Hideya has done I am considering to convert them.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Bulldog44 said:

The work done on this is amazing. I have 2 Disney blasters I gutted for the electronics and was thinking to junk the shells but after seeing what Hideya has done I am considering to convert them.

Brian,

Yes, this build was made from shells ! 

It’s very satisfying to have electronics for pew pewing but I’ve learned it sometimes is best to keep quite soundwise along with other troopers. Pew pewing is not always necessary or rather sometimes NOT recommended at certain situations.

I’m glad if I was able to give some inspiration for the shells!