benthemonkey requesting pre-approval for ANH TK (RS Propmasters)

1.  First/last name: Ben Rothman

2.  Future Garrison/Squad/Outpost: Midwest Garrison

3.  Armor maker: RS Propmasters

4.  Helmet maker: RS Propmasters

5.  Cloth belt maker: RS Propmasters

6.  Neck seal maker: RS Propmasters

7.  Boot maker: RS Propmasters

9.  Blaster maker: RS Propmasters

10.  Gasket maker: N/A

11.  Height: 5' 7"

12.  Weight: 160 lbs

13.  TK type: ANH Stunt

I am planning to immediately proceed to applying for the EIP so I'll be including all the necessary photos for level 2. This is 100% commissioned, so I'll need some extra help with any necessary modifications as I don't have any paints, extra ABS, etc.

1. front

X3T5suA.jpg

1b. front without helmet

ahU93ol.jpg

2. back

QKLtVD8.jpg

3. left

HD79PLY.jpg

4. right

ZUSL4Fa.jpg

5. left detail

pmhxQoM.jpg

6. right detail

V5H9Ky7.jpg

7. action shot

pGYvRWq.jpg

8. Abdomen (i know the belt is sitting a little low, let me know how to move it up)

ZsXCJ3a.jpg

9. Cod

3AL9Woc.jpg

10. interior strapping

4DASiWp.jpg

11. wrists

neZ91s6.jpg

Extras (not numbered in the initial list of photos, but shown in the example afterward)

Extra 1: sniper knee

w0boyvu.jpg

umJsfV4.jpg

Extra 2: Thigh Ammo Belt

j0ZFHog.jpg

ZUg2n1G.jpg

SU6oHJm.jpg

12. helmet front

eWxMUK7.jpg

Extra: S-shaped trim

qvMct6Z.jpg

13. helmet left

KhvDbEC.jpg

14. helmet right

EoTWRPN.jpg

15. helmet back

uu0GydK.jpg

16. lens color

eS44u8L.jpg

17. hovi tips

jc9OlUV.jpg

18. neck seal

CcdzsWt.jpg

19. detonator

vG8mPQZ.jpg

pgd0Kuw.jpg

20. holster attachment

kTxBB43.jpg

21. belt

89ciPX3.jpg

22. boots

o1tbObU.jpg

23. gloves

n35bNTW.jpg

24. gun left

scAFCvV.jpg

25. gun right

Q70IDS7.jpg

26. gun back

ncSArkg.jpg

Edited by Ben R
clarify that i mean the belt is sitting low

Looking good, Ben! Always nice to see a lineage RS suit, all bucket warts and all! Should be an easy pass with your GML! Here are some of my observations that the DOs might comment on (though not necessarily require) for higher levels of approvals.

Your helmet is riding a bit on the higher end, likely due to the star padding that RS includes, though many troopers don't remove it for the sake of comfort. TKs on screen had buckets that sat pretty low on their necks and shoulders. Your brow trim is also sitting a bit low for a stunt build, but there does tend to be variance on this. It's possible you might get asked to ensure it's situated level all the way across the brow relative to your eyes, as it appears to be a bit higher on the wearer's left side. I think this is also simply a dressing issue with your under-suit, but it appears to be pulled out behind your chest piece on your right side and slightly obscuring the front of your right shoulder bell.

Always fun to see the original bracket strapping system too, though I'm somewhat surprised at the angle/location that RS installed the hardware at the top of your kidney piece. I would have expected the heads to be situated squarely on the return edge, as opposed to seemingly in the corners/bends. I'm not terribly familiar with RS commissions, to perhaps somebody more experienced will be able to comment on this. LOVE the lack of return edge on the fronts of those forearms! And finally, regarding your detonator, the DOs might want to see an image at an angle between the two that you've taken which shows where the ends of the clips butt against the control panel. They may want to see if the screws line up with the outer edges of the panel, and also how close to the ends of the clips they are positioned.

Like I said, you're looking great, and should pass easily! Just thought I'd throw in my two cents since you didn't have any responses yet. =)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that for higher levels you'll probably need to trim the ends of your ABS belt so that the 45-degree cuts end with the outer edges of your canvas belt. Right now the ends of the ABS belt are narrower than your canvas belt. No worries about any trimming then throwing off the centering of your belt button covers, and they don't need to be centered horizontally within that flat area. I hope this all makes sense without a graphic to show what I'm talking about.

Edited by MaskedVengeance
Addition, as noted.

10 hours ago, Ben R said:

I am planning to immediately proceed to applying for the EIP so I'll be including all the necessary photos for level 2

Hi Ben, Welcome to FISD. Great to see another RS  Trooper join the forum. looking nice armor and surely it would be an easy basic approval sir.

Glad to read you're aiming for higher levels and as you said a few adjustment would be necessary for EIB and Centurion and we are sure you can make it.

Caleb pointed some details that can improve the great looking , additional I would like to mention a couple more.

-For Basic level  Mesh may be used behind the frown to obscure the face of the wearer.

Something that characterizes us(Stormtroopers) is that we are anonymous.  The little ones and no so little too, :laugh1: like to see their characters with emotion and do not imagine that within that armor there is a fanatic like them. For this reason, we try, by adding a mesh behind the "teeth" of the helmet, to prevent our face from being seen through the holes in them.  It's up to your GML to define if this is a mandatory requirement

ljGb7RY.jpg?1

Reference image

YciTrxD.jpg?2

You correctly noted your AB Belt is riding a little low and the most common solution for that is to add some piece of velcro behind it to keep it in the right place.

bFsnZ0V.jpg?1

Some reference images 

oSsuucN.jpg?1     TqNDcWK.jpg?1   DU0EgBB.jpg?1

Another detail is the photos posture, it looks like you bend your head a little and this affect the overall look of your armor. Just tell your photographer to take this in mind next timewhen taking your photos. 

qISCM9W.jpg?1

I would recommend you to as first step apply for basic approval before making any change for higher levels. Once you have your TK number you can make the necessary adjustments to apply for EIB and Centurion.

:salute:

• Like 1

In my own bucket, I just have fuzzy velcro at the very top and no other padding. I have no comfort issues with it, even after several hours. A little lower, I've got those stick on "tactical" foam inserts to keep it comfy on the forehead and back area. And having the bucket sit lower gives SO much better field of vision. I actually see very well out of my bucket, better than when I had the foam at the top.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PGF4CTH

This set is pretty thin. Paintball padding.  None has made it into my bucket, but it's great for arms and shins. And it's a nice option.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P1G6XTA

The thicker tactical padding. I've got this in two buckets.

Hope that helps. And you're looking great! Should be no issues with basic approval. :salute:

Hi Ben...Congrats, your armor looks great!!!!:jc_doublethumbup:

If I may, I would like to add one more thing(suggestion) to Mario's and Caleb's comments. 

Not the biggest deal in the world, (we see this often), but as per the CRL and seen in the reference images the tops in the front section should lean forward.

L2- Fall of tube stripe tops ideally lean toward the front.

EoTWRPN-crop.jpg.c2c10b3a2e2654f18b2b096185389d88.jpg   KhvDbEC-crop.jpg.1affe2ed908d60626b74adb83c2ec226.jpg

Reference Images

uKHvGtj.jpg      KJwU6Wv.jpg   k8TawGz.jpg

Not a big deal(and it is not necessary to achieve the higher levels),  but when you apply for Centurion, we hope you will consider replacing them for a better overall look.:duim:

Again, congratulations, and welcome to FISD.:salute:

• Like 1