Hello from Toronto Ontario

Hi All,

I am new here and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Dan and I'm from Toronto. I've always been a big fan of the stormtrooper armour. We used to have one setup in the computer store that I worked at. Somewhat recently I invested in a set of armour and had the chance to go out to a few events. I suspect I've made a few mistakes already based on what I've read. But I'm hoping I can continue to learn and improve.

My hope is to improve my armour to the point I can get approved and participate in some more events.

Excited to be here and looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Dan

FB_IMG_1528217663526.jpg

20170903 (24).jpg

20170903 (1).jpeg

Edited by Acropolis360
  • Like 1

Hi Dan, welcome to FISD! Nice looking kit you got there. We've all been through the learning process and I can say that learning more and more just makes the armor more exciting. Great photos, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Doggydoc said:

Hi Dan. 
I am in Kitchener about an hour from Toronto. 
welcome to the group. Hope to meet you someday trooping. 

Glad to meet you! I actually used to live in KW and a some of the events I attended were there. Any change you were involved also?

1 hour ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Daniel, welcome to FISD.

Let us know if you need some help with your armor fixes.  :salute:

Thank you very much! Any and all help would be much appreciated :). I'm going to go through and compare what I have to the CRL and then post what I come up with to the review section. I need to source a few soft items like boots, belt and holster atm too. If you have any other suggestions on the best way to go let me know!

• Like 1

Hi Daniel and welcome aboard! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to tweak your build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison (Canadian Garrison). They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

Take a long look at the CRL, and the build threads here on FISD; Go over your kit piece by piece and make a laundry list of required changes. You'll be trooping in no time!

All the best on your TK journey! :dancing-trooper:

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD. Looking good. I only saw a couple minor things in the pics. Looks like you need to glue the fronts of your shoulder bridges down, for example. Post more pics in the pre-approval thread and we’ll help all we can. Good luck. 

Hello Daniel...As they rightly say, you can ask as many questions as you want, and post as many photos as you want:salute:

You can start by getting a drop box, as you will need it for the basic level (It appears from the pictures that you have only one and it moves from side to side:laugh1:

... or maybe it's in the butt area?)...

It was probably stolen by a Jawa... It's a very common issue...:laugh1:

FB_IMG_1528217663526.thumb.jpg.58386560d03841eb3f044ea1c1d8e080-crop.jpg.e504cc411ea66b6caf74dbeef90e6839.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chemi said:

Hello Daniel...As they rightly say, you can ask as many questions as you want, and post as many photos as you want:salute:

You can start by getting a drop box, as you will need it for the basic level (It appears from the pictures that you have only one and it moves from side to side:laugh1:

... or maybe it's in the butt area?)...

It was probably stolen by a Jawa... It's a very common issue...:laugh1:

FB_IMG_1528217663526.thumb.jpg.58386560d03841eb3f044ea1c1d8e080-crop.jpg.e504cc411ea66b6caf74dbeef90e6839.jpg

Thanks Chemi!

You're absolutely right and good catch. It went missing at Toronto Comic Con. Those Jawa are everywhere! Luckily that's been sorted already.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 6:52 PM, Acropolis360 said:

Glad to meet you! I actually used to live in KW and a some of the events I attended were there. Any change you were involved also?

Unfortunately I was not. I am still waiting for my kit to arrive, so am an armourless TK. LOL

• 3 weeks later...