Hello From Alaska

Hey there!

I'm new to this, I've always wanted to get a set of stormtrooper armor but I have a weird body type (5'4" and 185#) and so I've never pulled the trigger on it. 

However my partner had a set and I thought it was super cool. So I settled for being the tie fighter pilot on Halloween haha. But he kept trying to convince me to get set of TK so we could match, and assured me that even short stormtroopers are cool. 

He passed away unexpectedly in November, and it's really been difficult. I've finally gotten my life fairly stable, and bought a house like we planned. And now I have the free time and stability to build an armor set. I think he'd be happy about that. I look forward to meeting some other TK fans and learning a lot more about the build process. Feel free to message me if you have any suggestions or anything, or even if you just want to chat. 

Still in the process of contacting armor makers to see if anybody is currently producing armor and I haven't had too much luck so if anybody has any suggestions please let me know. 

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this. 

-Danny

• Like 1

Welcome to FISD Dann! , I'm  sorry for your loss and hope you are going step by step.

Glen has provided useful info there and don't  hesitate in making questions , we are here to help.

Good luck with your project. :salute:

Hello and welcome to FISD Danny... Sorry to hear about the loss of your partner ....

And yes, short stormtroopers are cool, so, don't give up...Keep us informed and ask any questions you may have.:salute:

Hello and welcome to the FISD.  My deepest condolences.  I honestly believe that taking on a build will be a good thing - this is a good community here with a lot of people willing to help you along the way. 

I have a couple sets of AP armor that I'm happy with - I think Mark (AP) is producing.  He has a sales thread on this site.  His handle is  @ABS80 here on the forums.

Good luck

Hi Danny. 

‘’sorry about your partner. I can’t imagine how hard that must have been. I am sure that he would be happy to see you build the TK set. 
There are lots of amazing people here always ready to help. 
I bought my armour set from AP. Ordered it back in October and am still waiting. There was supply issues with ABS but I know he has got some now and is vacufroming 

• Like 1

My condolences for your loss as well. I can't imagine that sort of pain. Troopy hugs your way.

On the topic of armor... have you considered retrimming your partner's set to fit your frame?  It might not be possible if panels needed to be extended and you don't have spare ABS around, but it might be a more meaningful kit at the end of it.  Maybe about equal work to building a fresh kit too.

I'm another happy AP customer. Mark does great armor.

Welcome to the board Danny. :salute:

Got my AP armor ordered from Mark tonight. I'm super excited. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. The thread about the different manufacturers was very helpful. I know I'll have a bit of a wait but I amd very much looking forward to learning more in the meantime. 

@revlimiter I thought about it, but his set was a commercially produced costume set (looked good to me, but wouldn't meet 501st standards) He was planning on ordering a real set this year to join the local 501st. There were also some estate issues with us not being married, so I don't have access to it anymore. 

• Like 1