Kenobi Trailer - Discuss

Parquette

8 hours ago, RCMUSTANG said:

I think the writer is confused and doesn't know the facts. The only 501st member was there in his professional stunt capacity. They're all stunt actors in that shot aside from Hayden. 

Correct I did mention that they were all actors ;) 

23 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Appears this confirms it was actors, middle back has been in other costumes

download.thumb.jpg.10801b265bb9cec27308c4b751594469.jpg

On 6/23/2022 at 6:34 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Hayden Christensen with members of the 501st Legion while filming the Jedi Temple flashback scene for the Disney+ Obi-Wan Kenobi series.

Now do they mean the actual members of the 501st Legion or actors wearing 501st legion style costumes

290003902_726645385369784_3363782626812390835_n.thumb.jpg.6aa92cf231f30e7250d522d86adf261a.jpg

Technically this is an accurate statement. The 501st Legion Clone Troopers executed Order 66 at the Jedi Temple and this is their paint scheme. I believe that's what they're referring to, but not 100% sure.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sly11 said:

It's awesome there are finally live action clones as opposed to pure CGI.

Totally agree. I was way too excited to see them. I believe they popped up in the Andor trailer as well.

This is definitely a good time to be a Star Wars fan.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 8:29 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

2:25

Great video Glen. Thanks for sharing.

I watched the entire thing and was rewarded with this pic at the end:

iAXXztr.jpg
So much to take in (check out the TD ;)), but it makes me start wondering about future CRLs. 
Any thoughts?

Edited by BigJasoni

9 hours ago, BigJasoni said:

Great video Glen. Thanks for sharing.

I watched the entire thing and was rewarded with this pic at the end:

iAXXztr.jpg
So much to take in (check out the TD ;)), but it makes me start wondering about future CRLs. 
Any thoughts?

That image is on page two of this thread was an early release by Disney, here is the partner to that image, notice the overlap of the thighs on the cods, one nearly hitting the belt. In the previous image the thigh is covering the drop box.

Disney Obi1.jpg

15 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

That image is on page two of this thread was an early release by Disney, here is the partner to that image, notice the overlap of the thighs on the cods, one nearly hitting the belt. In the previous image the thigh is covering the drop box.

I think the key takeaway from this is how short the webbing/ elastic is that's holding the dropbox to the large ammo box. The current ROTK Centurion requirement states:

The two drop boxes hang no more than 1” 25mm below the front belt and the black strap is visible.

But from the reference photos I've seen both here, and other Anthology era shows, I would suggest future CRLs call for maybe a 1/4"-1/2" visible strap.
Honestly, these hang almost identical to the Shore, muddy, and ICAT Driver costumes, but aren't hinged like those examples.

Regarding the thighs, if you look closely at the trooper on the right, you can make out the sleeve that covers the side thigh strap. The wavy elastic look is definitely there. For those who haven't gotten a good look at this, here's the Mimban TK thigh armor strapping:
0pAt2DU.jpg

Good catches Glen!

• Like 1

From the interwebs, a couple of extended stock E-11's middle 3 from back and back right also DLT-19's front right, and some familiar faces 293698979_10225983060255590_7085027216016876959_n.thumb.jpg.d4beb4aa66749641dc5a0df7a9fc8d41.jpg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

From the interwebs, a couple of extended stock E-11's middle 3 from back and back right

Glen,
I've heard some talk about this, but I can't find them on screen. Have you found where the extended stocks are on the show?

They're probably somewhere obvious and I'm just overlooking them. :lol:

1 hour ago, BigJasoni said:

Glen,
I've heard some talk about this, but I can't find them on screen. Have you found where the extended stocks are on the show?

They're probably somewhere obvious and I'm just overlooking them. :lol:

Certainly

293698979_10225983060255590_7085027216016876959_n.jpg.f5834ad2adcdb10d18360e6293cbb14c.thumb.jpg.19d1e855b57ce1f6e0e9619d3f2d22a4.jpg

obi-wan-kenobi1x05_1346.thumb.jpg.d53e37c9cf848d66149740092f21ccac.jpg

back2.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RCMUSTANG said:

Now that it's public, the scene where it cuts with the clear shot of the extended stock, that was my real steel sterling that I shot with for 2 days.  

Very nice, was great to see the stock extended in the show, a goosebump moment. I flick mine out from time to time, younglings get a kick out of it as they see a lot of weapons these days in films that use stocks.

4 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Very nice, was great to see the stock extended in the show, a goosebump moment. I flick mine out from time to time, younglings get a kick out of it as they see a lot of weapons these days in films that use stocks.

It happened because the prop master mentioned it and I brought it on set to make it happen.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RCMUSTANG said:

It happened because the prop master mentioned it and I brought it on set to make it happen.  

FYI just noticed you don't appear to have Stormtrooper access you can request it here ;)

3 hours ago, Daetrin said:

Dunno about you guys, but it sure makes me wish I had an "in" to be in just one episode, just one.

100% and it's all the more annoying knowing that they have filmed something for most stuff since TFA with in an hour (or a lot less) of me.  Scariff was about 5.5 miles from me! I drove part them setting up for Kef Bir and the crashed death star after a tip off from a friend who saw the crew loading up on snacks!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Quite a bit more than I thought there may have been, I'll just post a couple of pics for now

storm4.thumb.png.d3f71a1d246b484774dad6e1fe103add.png

storm3.thumb.png.c3e9dc90cf8f25ff8e31d692e2708ffb.png

• Like 1