Kenobi Trailer - Discuss

Parquette

I can't wait. At least there will even be some stormtroopers in this show! But hey, it's the height of the Empire's power... I have a good feeling about this ;) 

On 3/10/2022 at 1:55 AM, Parquette said:

Also, either they have holsters now, or the riot baton from R1 and Battlefront II has returned... 

Looks like they have gone back to ANH holsters-  What looks like a baton is a side view.. as they walk it shows it's width.

jir1X3D.jpg?1      eEDXULW.png?1  c6tZuAO.png?1  

It's fantastic to see OT troopers, but did anyone notice the cover strips?  They look pretty darned thick to me.

BuLo161.png?1  3vA5xyb.png?1

Among other things it looks like they are using thick soled boots as well... more like FOTK style.

Ic1EGiy.png?1

And so it begins... the birth of another CRL.  :laugh1:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Looks like they have gone back to ANH holsters-  What looks like a baton is a side view.. as they walk it shows it's width.

jir1X3D.jpg?1      eEDXULW.png?1  c6tZuAO.png?1  

It's fantastic to see OT troopers, but did anyone notice the cover strips?  They look pretty darned thick to me.

BuLo161.png?1  3vA5xyb.png?1

Among other things it looks like they are using thick soled boots as well... more like FOTK style.

Ic1EGiy.png?1

And so it begins... the birth of another CRL.  :laugh1:

Ah, they're actually using Rogue One/Anthology TK's, we have a CRL for them already ;) 

But yess! I've been looking for an excuse to carry a holster, now I do :D 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 8:32 AM, TheRascalKing said:

I can't wait. At least there will even be some stormtroopers in this show! But hey, it's the height of the Empire's power... I have a good feeling about this ;) 

Given all the set leaks with 501st members... I'll be on the lookout for you specifically. *shakes fist in possible jealousy*

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

Given all the set leaks with 501st members... I'll be on the lookout for you specifically. *shakes fist in possible jealousy*

Wait, I know they did that on the Mandalorian, but they got 501st members for Kenobi as well??? :D

25 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

Given all the set leaks with 501st members... 

Given the whatttt...?! What you talkin about...?

I hear LFL has a droid for taking care of that... ;) 

ytpyKGE.gif?noredirect

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

So I was just scrolling through FB today and I guess there was a BIG Obi-Wan PR event today. Well... I am not sure if these are screen used suits or what they actually are. I just wanted to share the images. https://www.facebook.com/DisneyPlus/posts/4496253740476967

Let's just say the more I look the more questions I have :P 

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 3.21.40 PM.png

Edited by ZJedi945
  • Like 2

Those suits get worse the closer you look at them.  One of the reddit threads had a really high res.  You could see such thing as... 

- The shoulder bridges being held on by white rivets in the middle.

- Huuuuuge ab buttons.

- ANH style helmets... maybe hero ones? But the whole bucket looks odd.

- White trim on the torso edges.

That's just scratching the surface.

• Like 2

vor 7 Stunden schrieb revlimiter:

Those suits get worse the closer you look at them.  One of the reddit threads had a really high res.  You could see such thing as... 

- The shoulder bridges being held on by white rivets in the middle.

- Huuuuuge ab buttons.

- ANH style helmets... maybe hero ones? But the whole bucket looks odd.

- White trim on the torso edges.

That's just scratching the surface.

The armor seeming like Rubies (RotJ Style with a messed up ANH-bucket seems slightly familiar) isn't the worst thing. They didn't manage to suit up correctly.

The one on the right has managed to switch his handguards and the one on the left has two left biceps :laugh1:

Not gonna look for more details, I'll probably be happier ignoring this :unsure:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ZJedi945 said:

So I was just scrolling through FB today and I guess there was a BIG Obi-Wan PR event today. Well... I am not sure if these are screen used suits or what they actually are. I just wanted to share the images. https://www.facebook.com/DisneyPlus/posts/4496253740476967

Let's just say the more I look the more questions I have :P 

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 3.21.40 PM.png

This is getting a little messy in the thread. 

These aren’t the Anthology tk’s, they’re for Disney Parks. They use them for premieres, including the premiere of R1.

cant use these in the CRL lol!

New CRL

Half arsed TK'S

Description: Stormtrooper, Whatever we could pull together at a moment's notice.

Prefix: TK??

Detachment: First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Ahhh I don't think so Jack!

Context: Episode: not in this universe buddy!

These Stormtroopers (Stunt/Hero/rubies/various fond parts from costume shops) were the pre-emptive laughing stock in the boarding party, or boring party, cosplay event of the Rebel blockade runner the "You ain't bringing that costume in here IV", and made up the main garrison of poor man's productions that could be seen throughout the corridors of shady conventions and at cheap events.

;):laugh1:

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

So someone over at New Generation Stormtroopers fb group posted this Anthology TK from the Kenobi exhibit at Celebration (phew, that was a mouthful). Apparantly red marks on the TD? Photo taken by Justin Reed. 

May be an image of 3 people and indoor

We'll see. It seems rather odd that the "buttons" on the TD are specifically singled out red sections?

On another note, I noticed the abdominal box "square" no longer has the window section inside it. 

Photo from Jim Hall: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=560926212357428&set=oa.1243696676165600

May be an image of 1 person

R1:  (as a side note this paint scheme is inacurrate. The window square button isn't blue, from everything I've seen it appears a dark green like the helmet lens.) 

aVqMRmP.jpg

Edited by Parquette
  • Like 1

And it's small details like these (if common to other TK's in the series) that will single out this version of new era TK compare to others like R1 

• Like 2