Unable to post in "Imperial Commissary"

You need to make 5 post before you gain access Kevin, the forums are set up that way to help avoid spam is all.

Hope that helps.

6 minutes ago, kmwilson343 said:

Since I have you here, I plan on making some 3D printed E11 blasters (i love the motto "troopers helping troopers"), is there a big need for that type of prop gun?  Thanks again!

Kevin - 3D printed blasters are growing increasingly popular, especially with a previously popular resin kit no longer being offered. The key to remember is that print lines should not be visible on the finished product. Are you planning on modeling your own files, or printing from existing files? If the latter, be sure to understand any stipulations set by the creator of the ones you use. =)

I'll add, too, that trooper96 has sort of set the standard for E-11 3D files and has them posted on here and thingiverse, so there may be more of a void on the DLT-19 front.

MaskedVengence, that's a really good point you brought up about the creator.  I have made 4 successful blaster using this https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4003566 and this https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3989097 and all the credit for the files goes to this guy https://www.thingiverse.com/tk14082/designs .  Would i need his permission if i was to keep using his files and sell the blasters I make on the side?  I want to make sure he gets credit, but I also want to help out and make some decent blaster for people who want them also :). Thanks again you guys rock!

Those are, in fact, Bryan's files that I was referencing! :D He's trooper96 on here, and he has some excellent threads about his files. You would certainly want to connect with him about selling any of your prints of his designs.

Right on!  Well i did indeed speak with him and he is a totally upstanding guy.  He mentioned I could make and sell them under a few rules of his which are easy to follow so it looks like I will be starting to make a batch and see where it goes.  Thanks for all the great communication.  Everyone here ROCKS! 

3 minutes ago, kmwilson343 said:

Right on!  Well i did indeed speak with him and he is a totally upstanding guy.  He mentioned I could make and sell them under a few rules of his which are easy to follow so it looks like I will be starting to make a batch and see where it goes.  Thanks for all the great communication.  Everyone here ROCKS! 

Just note if you are making them try to remove all of the print lines as that is required for higher level approval and help with your sales ;) 

i totally agree, the print lines are the biggest pain in my A$$ right now, lol but the more I make the better i get at their quality :)

On a side note, look at that, i did my minimum 5 post so i can start selling the blaster, lol

• Like 2