TK-14082'S (trooper96) 3D PRINTED ANH E-11 BUILD

trooper96

I recently completed a build of a 3D printed ANH E-11 which I modeled and printed myself. I used PETG filament and printed all the parts on my Creality CR-10S printer. I picked up some good pointers from justjoseph63 and his excellent tutorial on smoothing a 3D print: 

PETG is a wonderful material and sands beautifully. Yeah, it was a lot of work, but not as hard as you might think. I printed my parts a standard resolution (0.2mm/layer) which is already fairly smooth. I sanded with 100 grit followed by 220 grit. I used putty to fill in any blemishes or scars left from support attachments and sanded again with 220 grit. Instead of  using the XTC-3D epoxy in the tutorial, I used multiple coats of Rustoleum Crystal Clear spray enamel, which I sanded to a very smooth finish.

For the topcoat, I used Rustoleum 2X flat black on the sterling barrel and frame/end cap. I used Rustoleum 2X matte black on the scope, Hengstler, and grip. I also sprayed the grip with clear coat to give it a glossy finish. I painted the fire control group housing and bolt with Testors steel enamel and used a flat black acrylic paint and water mixture to tone down the steel color and add dimension. I used a formed metal spring instead of the printed spring. I highly recommend doing this.

I did a bit of light weathering on the finish. I used acrylic silver to touch the edges of the Sterling and dry brushed sparingly on some of the flat surfaces. I blackwashed over this and used a paper towel to get the finish I wanted. On the scope, I touched up the edges with acrylic antique gold and used a white crayon to fill the text on the eyepiece. On the Hengstler, I painted the logo window acrylic antique gold and blackwashed over that until it was nearly hidden. I also painted the number display.

Functional features of the blaster include:

MOVING/RESETTING TRIGGER
INDEXING THREE POSITION SELECTOR SWITCH
REMOVABLE END CAP
FUNCTIONAL END CAP RELEASE
RECIPROCATING BOLT
FUNCTIONAL MAGAZINE RELEASE
REMOVABLE MAGAZINE
FUNCTIONAL FOLDING STOCK
REAR SIGHT FLIPS BETWEEN 100M AND 200M APERTURES
GRIP, FIRE CONTROL GROUP, BOLT, AND CHARGING HANDLE ASSEMBLES/DISASSEMBLES LIKE A REAL STERLING SMG MARK IV (L2A3)

1942 M38 HOLLOW SCOPE WITH CLEAR LENSES

HOLLOW HENGSTLER WITH FUNCTIONAL RESET BUTTON

Here are a few photos of the finished blaster!

BiCFq9j.jpg

g3sKc4C.jpg

HlTQrc6.jpg

73XQjRt.jpg

HKVVwta.jpg

7CGqpNP.jpg

4Vr0Z7P.jpg

Ub7b0SS.jpg

DEvCA5C.jpg

VY549pr.jpg

rS3NBvs.jpg

If you want to print this blaster yourself, click on the links below for the FREE STL files:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4003566

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3989097

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5139600

If you would like this blaster, but have no way to have one printed, check the Ongoing Sales and Project Runs section on this forum. From time to time, I will make a limited run of blasters and post there.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/16-ongoing-sales-project-runs/

• Like 2

Dang. Being an old-school resin blaster builder, I always stayed away from 3D-prints.

Seems like time has come to re-think this point of view...

I really like this blaster. :duim:

• Like 1

This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm blown away at how nicely it came out.

Side note: to download an entire thingiverse fileset, remember to add /zip to the end of the URL. This prevents you from being forced to watch the 5-15 second ad for EVERY. single. downloadable file. Thingiverse has declared war on their users in the past couple weeks.

• Like 1