Hello from FL

DSD

Hello everyone!  Starting my journey hopefully to be in the 501st.  I started an armor build a few years ago with the intention of building my own armor but life seems to alway get in the way of getting it done (work, family, etc.).  I have a good bit started but nothing finished up.  I did recently have a commission started so that i can hopefully get joined up soon.  It has been a goal of mine for some time now.  I have every intention of getting back to finishing the armor that i started as i do really want to say that i did build.  Just need life to slow up a little.  Anyway, glad to be here and to learn some more along the journey.

Hello and welcome aboard, life comes forst no matter how enthusiastic we all can get, at least it is there when you have more time, good luck with the build

Welcome to the FISD, Andrew!  Be sure to ask us if there is anything you need help with.. it's what we do best!  Where are you located in Florida?  I know folks from several different Squads there that may be able to help on a local level if you require assistance.  Best of luck on your white armor journey!

7 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Welcome to the FISD, Andrew!  Be sure to ask us if there is anything you need help with.. it's what we do best!  Where are you located in Florida?  I know folks from several different Squads there that may be able to help on a local level if you require assistance.  Best of luck on your white armor journey!

I'm in Palm Beach county.  Its not so much needing help but more getting the time to get to it.  When i do get the time i'm sure that i will need some help and trust me i will ask!  Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andrew! I totally understand what you mean about starting a build and life getting in the way. I had my BBB Day back in 2020 the week before everything here shut down due to the pandemic, and have had long pauses in my progress. However, I've recently been working on my helmet again and actually have some updates to add to my build thread (likely posting tomorrow!).

What type of armor did you originally start building, and now who is your commission from? I do suspect that the sense of accomplishment you have from eventually finishing your own build will be great. I'm looking forward to it myself!