Hello from Central(ish) Texas!

Sooperglue

Hello all,

I have recently purchased my FOTK armor kit and as delivery day approaches, my excitement builds! I've been wanting to get a suit of armor for a year and a half now and finally bit the bullet and decided to live a little. I'm introducing myself here so I'm not a complete stranger when my build thread starts (though I've posted before) and so I can give a little information about myself.

Since I'm female and 5'3", I know I may run into a few unique challenges regarding how well I can get my armor to fit against myself and I already have a few ideas for how to fix it, such as height increasing insoles and shoulder pads, but if there are any other women on here with some advice as I move forward I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm also a full-time college student so I know this build will take longer than normal due to my limited time and resources, but I'm not in any sort of rush and I want to enjoy the process. I'm sure I'll run into a few bumps and mishaps down the road, but who doesn't? I'm open to any criticism about my assembly once I get the thread started.

I can't wait to begin trooping with you guys, you're childhood heroes of mine!

Sooperglue

• Like 3

Hi Alyssa and congrats on your new journey.  Which kit did you purchase?  It will affect how you build it to fit you. There are a lot of great build threads on here as well as other finished builds.  Take your time and don’t be afraid to ask questions on a piece by piece basis if you have any.  

7 hours ago, equuspolo said:

Hi Alyssa and congrats on your new journey.  Which kit did you purchase?  It will affect how you build it to fit you. There are a lot of great build threads on here as well as other finished builds.  Take your time and don’t be afraid to ask questions on a piece by piece basis if you have any.  

My armor kit is made by 850 armor works. Thank you for the encouragement!

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, we have a lot of information for the FOTK is the First Order Battle Group https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/218-first-order-battle-group/

Looking forward to seeing a build thread from you soon, good luck 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Alyssa!

Definitely head over to our first order section as Glen mentions.

Plenty of resources there and many experienced members here to help you on your journey.

Research is the key, but the more questions you ask the better the help we can give you.

We do indeed have some great women in this detachment who can certainly offer advice on building for a shorter height, but most anything is possible.

Look forward to seeing a build thread once you make your choices on armour maker and components.

Best of luck, here to help.

• Like 1