Got the builder and looking for tips on E-11, boots etc

BATS2150

For the the shorter trooper these are some great builds to follow 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38416-crickets-rs-stunt-build-for-the-vertically-challenged/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38842-fragarocks-rs-stunt-build-not-to-scale/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42868-sha-shas-wtf-anh-stunt-build-complete/

Imperialboots do runs of TK boots

Undersuit, sporting compression shirt and pants work well, normally can find them quite easily

E-11 suppliers

Neck seal Teresa  Geeky Pink

Don't forget to check out this thread for resources

I can say nothing but great things about Quest Design Canada for an E-11. It's extremely pretty out of the box and is easy to modify for better accuracy if you're into that. 

My neck seal came from Darmans on etsy and is comfy. 

As Glenn said, imperial boots are great. 

Sorry for lack of links as I'm on mobile at the moment. 

Now that I'm in a browser and see you're in El Paso... Check out Dicks Sporting Goods for compression tops and pants. The DSG house brand is what I use and it's fantastic. I especially like the thigh pocket that hides right under the armor and holds my phone securely.

Under Armor is also great and widely used.

Yeah, I have looked at getting the under suit locally and since I am here in the desert, looked into cooling fans to include a Icom/voice amp and adding some military type padding for the bucket when it gets here. I am glad that there are tutorials on the installation of this stuff on You tube to make it dummy proof for this old, retired Soldier. 

6 hours ago, BATS2150 said:

Yeah, I have looked at getting the under suit locally and since I am here in the desert, looked into cooling fans to include a Icom/voice amp and adding some military type padding for the bucket when it gets here. I am glad that there are tutorials on the installation of this stuff on You tube to make it dummy proof for this old, retired Soldier. 

First. thank you for your service!  :salute:

A good fan system will be a lifesaver, Michael.  Not only do they keep your noggin cool, they help keep the lenses from fogging up- especially when it's humid.  The ones I use are from Tony @ukswrath.  Great quality/service and lots of options (link here).

As for tutorials on Youtube, there are a lot out there for sure.. but not all of them provide the correct information.  We have hundreds here on every subject you could possibly need, with the added benefit of an entire Detachment that you are welcome (and encouraged) to ask for assistance from at every step of your build.

As you have probably noticed, we suggest starting a build thread when you get your kit.  That way you can show off your progress, ask as many questions as you like and post up lots of photos.  Posting photos is especially important when you have an issue.  We are here for ya', so never be shy about asking for help.  It's what we do!

9 hours ago, BATS2150 said:

Just trying to get stuff so I won't be jumping through hoops finding stuff. 

A very wise move.  Having everything on hand before you start will help immensely.  Nothing worse that having to stop mid-build because you are missing something and have to order or go out and buy it.

If I may humbly suggest, get yourself a huge roll of velcro.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006RSP1

I got the 15ft x 2in roll. It made my helmet build so much more enjoyable. I never worried about having enough or running out. I redid the velcro inside my bucket at least 3 times and re-wrapped SHAs and iCOMMs a couple times. I think I have about 7 feet left after using it like crazy and wasting it whenever I needed or wanted to.

Most of my bucket is lined with the hook/rough side. The helmet padding can then be applied anywhere since it sticks nicely to the hook veclro. I have no padding at the very top of my bucket and instead just use the loop/fuzzy side velcro up there. It sounds counterintuitive but it's actually much more comfy than having the big round helmet pad up there.