TK84215 requesting ANH Stunt EIB status (TM) (1041)

Mandatory Information

Armor Maker: Trooper Master

Helmet Maker: Trooper Master (Assembled and painted by Trooper Master)

Blaster Maker: Quest Designs Canada

Optional Information

Full Name: Chris Tate

TK ID: TK-84215

Height/Weight: 5'11"  175 Lbs

Boot Maker: Imperial Boots

Canvas Belt Supplier: Imperial Issue

Hand Guard Supplier: Justjoseph63

Holster Maker: Darman Props

Thank you for your consideration,

Chris

NSXdXbn.jpg

N90bWsi.jpg

Q0Y7FxE.jpg

7O7gpCq.jpg

ewCNyKj.jpg

V7AQsyM.jpg

ay2OZ2Y.jpg

hWT8xKZ.jpg

6wJrjBX.jpg

aRkm70P.jpg

oUVfluh.jpg

pFfGLae.jpg

X1Ee7zY.jpg

bxoSsCF.jpg

MKXAnah.jpg

lVu7OWs.jpg

bgNo1AT.jpg

2QRWIbO.jpg

NQBM2nb.jpg

mlIHqlC.jpg

2ryBvET.jpg

98i59WV.jpg

44bxJeS.jpg

e1QUwo0.jpg

DoUqgVw.jpg

9FrOk9K.jpg

T4ieH5q.jpg

cHgb2Qd.jpg

X8GDNEw.jpg

j9A3Svf.jpg

VcbAzvz.jpg

cghNq4m.jpg

3AciUID.jpg

Edited by Lazerjock
Typo
  • Like 2

One word here, Chris.. spectacular!  A truly awesome build, and your "esprit de corps" is shining brightly, brother.   Just one thing before we can move you along.. we need one small favor which should take you all of 15 minutes or less.

As per the CRL for Basic, the "Frown... does not leave the teeth area".  The rest of your paint work is absolute textbook, but we need you to grab some toothpicks and some (non-acetone) paint remover and take a bit off the tops of some of those teeth (the bottoms look great).  Yes, there were some TKs that had the paint extending further onto the gums, but for our purposes we gotta' go by the CRL

Mben4Ex.jpg

Reference images (note the white space between the teeth and "gums").

RAp0mce.jpg?1   xFFiHLc.jpg?1

After following your build thread and seeing that keen eye for details. we have every faith that you can quickly knock this out!  After getting this done, please post up a few pics of the finished product so that we can get that EI badge under your name.  :salute:

I thought the frown might me boarder line. 

I'm on it!

Thank you for the incredibly fast response too.

I'll post new pictures of the frown as soon as I can. Most Likely this weekend. 

Do you recommend any paint remover.

I read Isopropyl Alcohol, Mineral Spirits & Goo Gone will work. I have 90% Isopropyl Alcohol I use to clean my 3D printed resin parts. I will start with that.

Again thank you for the compliments and quick response. 

Chris

Edited by Lazerjock
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Lazerjock said:

I just wanted to make sure you are not waiting on me for something. It struck me that I may have missed something.

I know these reviews take time. I am in no hurry.

Thank you,

Chris

Hang in there Chris, @justjoseph63 is working on your review .  I think there's nothing pending. :salute:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lazerjock said:

I just wanted to make sure you are not waiting on me for something. It struck me that I may have missed something.

I know these reviews take time. I am in no hurry.

Thank you,

Chris

Sorry for the delay, Chris.  I have a lot of irons in the fire with the move, but I will have it posted up by tomorrow for ya'.

4 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Sorry for the delay, Chris.  I have a lot of irons in the fire with the move, but I will have it posted up by tomorrow for ya'.

No worries. Just wanted to make sure I didn't forget something.

Take your time. I'm in no rush.

Hi Chris, and thank you for your application for ANH Stunt Expert Infantry!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to EI!  On behalf of the entire DO staff, congratulations!!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

To begin with, I gotta' say that you did one outstanding job on this set of TM armor, brother!  (Looks like someone paid attention in class, lol)!  Just a couple of small items in this area that may help.

We noticed that your bucket is riding a bit high.  Not a big deal, but if you have padding in the top I would suggest either removing or reducing it if possible.  Not only will it allow the helmet to ride lower, but it will also greatly improve your field of vision.  Not all noggins are made the same, or course! 

Reference images

6MYZ69J.jpg            lNmGsXf.jpg?1  X14KhS6.jpg?1  YQPDRmR.jpg?1

In the first photo above you are looking straight ahead, but in the first two below it appears that you are looking slightly down.  I had this same issue and found myself constantly tilting my bucket forward just so I could see above the bottom of the eye openings.  A pain in the butt-plate and can be a little dangerous when walking.   After removing all the padding in the top it sat much nicer (and closer to my shoulders) and that issue was eliminated.  I did keep padding on the sides so the helmet would turn when my head did, though.  ;)

Reference images

AFwtxHJ.jpg  h1CC0d0.jpg         x4wYyKs.jpg?1  QONzkO1.jpg?2

This is an issue so small that I almost didn't mention it, but as per the CRL the drop boxes are "...aligned under the plastic tabs of the ammo belt"'.  The one on your right side sits a little above the tab.  Stretching out the elastic a bit would cure this.  Your alignment on the sides is perfect!

Vwe1VZM.jpg?1  igXHNng.jpg rGG43G1.jpg           ZVXaxQM.jpg?1  Q2x7JSr.jpg?1 BOYH9qD.jpg?1  tNwF2WS.jpg?1

Another easy fix we are suggesting is that you trim down the top edge(s) of your sniper knee plate.  The top part is spot-on, but the bottom could use a bit of Dremel love.

Reference images

T2JZpwi.jpg       uec6ZFP.png?1  YaIcJSw.jpg?1  MdWHX4h.png?2

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Only one small issue here, brother, and it's the easiest fix ever!  Ideally there is no gap between the ab/kidney plates, so just tightening up your canvas belt a tiny bit will take care of this.

Reference images

WDNekTo.jpg?1                  lA0qpzp.jpg?1   aSMKgHu.jpg?1  v1NV32n.jpg?1

And that's it!  Again, you really did this set of armor proud, Chris, and I'd be proud to troop with you any time.  (I'm moving back to Florida soon, so that could very well happen). :D

Next up, Centurion!

• Like 3

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK84215 requesting ANH Stunt EIB status (TM) (1041)

Thank you so much for you kind words!!!!! Next Saturday will be my first troop with my TK. I will make sure to take care of all the items listed prior to the troop.

I would not have been able to complete this build without all of the members contributions that I used to learn from. The White Armor is a treasure trove of information at your fingertips and a friendly, helpful group of people. 

Hopefully at some point I will be able to give back and help others with their builds.

Next stop CENTURION!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Lazerjock said:

Hopefully at some point I will be able to give back and help others with their builds.

We are counting on that!

Next stop CENTURION!!!!!!!!!!!!

:jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lazerjock said:

That's great!!!! I love the trading card.

Thank you

That's what we use for the Expert Infantry Honor Gallery, trading cards are a little different ;) 

• Like 1