TK-19984 "March to Centurion" ANH TK Centurion Build Thread

Ebio Amisi

Looks like that weapon is going to turn out phenomenal!  If you are anything like me, you want to see the finished product ASAP, but if I could make a suggestion it would be to let the silver dry for at least 3-4 days.  I assume you are doing the silver so that you can use it as a base for the weathering, and although it may seem dry in a few hours, enamel paint needs time to cure thoroughly.  Otherwise, when you remove some of the black top coat to give it that realistic appearance you will remove the silver as well, defeating the purpose.  :(

I sincerely admire your dedication to detail on this, Ben, and I can't wait to see the finished product!!

This bin is going to turn out SO cool!

QZCK8lJ.jpg?1

• Like 1

Looks like that weapon is going to turn out phenomenal!  If you are anything like me, you want to see the finished product ASAP, but if I could make a suggestion it would be to let the silver dry for at least 3-4 days.  I assume you are doing the silver so that you can use it as a base for the weathering, and although it may seem dry in a few hours, enamel paint needs time to cure thoroughly.  Otherwise, when you remove some of the black top coat to give it that realistic appearance you will remove the silver as well, defeating the purpose.  

I sincerely admire your dedication to detail on this, Ben, and I can't wait to see the finished product!!

This bin is going to turn out SO cool!

QZCK8lJ.jpg?1

Yes I’ve already made the mistake of rushing the scope

I had to strip it with white spirit and start again.

Oh well - lesson learned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Ebio Amisi said:

Some research would suggest that I might actually have quite a small power bank already, even if it is a little bit of a tight fit in the helmet.

I’ve got an Anker PowerCore II 1000mAh which measures 9.5cm x 6.2cm x 2.2cm

I can’t seem to find anything slimmer in depth than that - so probably best to stick with it I guess!

That thing is TEN THOUSAND mAh, not 1000. So it's pretty big and would likely power helmet fans for days. Seriously. Gonna be rather heavy too.

I have a lipstick power bank in my bucket. Anker Powercore Mini 3500. It's very light (80 grams), tiny (95x23x23mm) and fits easily behind the vocoder. The one annoying thing is the power button. You have to turn the Anker on and then you can turn your fans on. I've got some knockoff lipstick power banks that don't require the extra button push, but are getting a bit old and not lasting quite as long as they could.

The Powercore mini was possibly discontinued and is getting a bit hard to find. They're still on ebay for about $15USD each. 

Also, amazing job on those thigh garters!! Looks extremely secure and comfy too.

That thing is TEN THOUSAND mAh, not 1000. So it's pretty big and would likely power helmet fans for days. Seriously. Gonna be rather heavy too.

I have a lipstick power bank in my bucket. Anker Powercore Mini 3500. It's very light (80 grams), tiny (95x23x23mm) and fits easily behind the vocoder. The one annoying thing is the power button. You have to turn the Anker on and then you can turn your fans on. I've got some knockoff lipstick power banks that don't require the extra button push, but are getting a bit old and not lasting quite as long as they could.

The Powercore mini was possibly discontinued and is getting a bit hard to find. They're still on ebay for about $15USD each. 

Also, amazing job on those thigh garters!! Looks extremely secure and comfy too.

Hahaha good point on the 10,000mAh - thing is, whilst I guess it might be heavy (not got anything by to compare against it), I’ve measured and it is the same size as most others I can find.

How long does the lipstick one you have last for?

9 hours ago, Ebio Amisi said:

Silver coat down

8d00654559486ca868d02137ce285834.jpg

Hey Ben, It looks like everything is going with the wind in its sails. Great work.

If I can make a suggestion.  It could be the photo angle but you may want to check for the Ammo counter position, in  the photo appears to be a little forward and as you can see in the reference image it should be back.

Reference images

qecddMT.jpg                   HHquZIS.jpg           hGuomRe.jpg

keep up the good work.    

2 hours ago, Ebio Amisi said:

How long does the lipstick one you have last for?

I've never run one down, so I'm not sure. After 4 hours of continuous use one was still going strong.  I keep a couple spares in my bucket bag but haven't needed one yet.

I had to look it up. Yours is 180 grams. The lipstick ones are less than half that at 80. :D

• Like 1

Hey Ben, It looks like everything is going with the wind in its sails. Great work.

If I can make a suggestion.  It could be the photo angle but you may want to check for the Ammo counter position, in  the photo appears to be a little forward and as you can see in the reference image it should be back.

Reference images

qecddMT.jpg                   HHquZIS.jpg           hGuomRe.jpg

keep up the good work.    

Hrya,

Thanks for the suggestion.

That wasn’t something that was mentioned as part of the Improvements suggested or needed to get from EIB to Centurion - so I assume the Ammo counter is ok where it is?

This is one of those items that is a suggestion, Ben.   In the grand scheme of things it's one of those little details that very, very few would actually notice, but is in line with the majority of the references we have so we routinely mention it for the sake of accuracy. ;)  Also, some references show it sitting higher and some show it sitting lower.  The important thing is that it is present and adheres to the CRL requirement, so not a deal-breaker for Centurion.

Here are a few more references:

4RmfYe9.jpg   8fSyBl1.jpg?2  384kUWa.jpg

• Like 1

This is one of those items that is a suggestion, Ben.   In the grand scheme of things it's one of those little details that very, very few would actually notice, but is in line with the majority of the references we have so we routinely mention it for the sake of accuracy.   Also, some references show it sitting higher and some show it sitting lower.  The important thing is that it is present and adheres to the CRL requirement, so not a deal-breaker for Centurion.

Here are a few more references:
4RmfYe9.jpg   8fSyBl1.jpg?2  384kUWa.jpg

Cool beans - if I can move it without too much hassle I will try :)

• Like 1

Have trouble with my eye lens.

They are very rigid and I’m struggling to get them held in place whilst the Sugru dries.

They keep bending back straight and it is leaving gaps.

Does anyone have any tips?

Cheers!

I used some heavy magnets either side and a small spanner vertically across the middle of the lens which helped the lens stay curved and up tight against the rim of the lens.

You could also try a little heat to help form them into place, down side you would have to keep a hold of them while cooling, don't want them too hot or you could damages the lens. 

I used some heavy magnets either side and a small spanner vertically across the middle of the lens which helped the lens stay curved and up tight against the rim of the lens.

You could also try a little heat to help form them into place, down side you would have to keep a hold of them while cooling, don't want them too hot or you could damages the lens. 

Yeah I had thought about heating it and then using a large clamp to bend it and hold it in place.

I’m unsure if the magnet trick would work but I’ve got a pestle from a mortar and pestle as well as several slate coasters I could use to hold it down… might give that a true!

I’ve seen a few peoples helmets that seem to have 3 white screw things holding the lens in place - do you know anything about that at all?

All else fails I guess I could buy a new visor and go back to a fixed wrap around lens :(

16 minutes ago, Ebio Amisi said:

Yeah I had thought about heating it and then using a large clamp to bend it and hold it in place.

I’m unsure if the magnet trick would work but I’ve got a pestle from a mortar and pestle as well as several slate coasters I could use to hold it down… might give that a true!

I’ve seen a few peoples helmets that seem to have 3 white screw things holding the lens in place - do you know anything about that at all?

All else fails I guess I could buy a new visor and go back to a fixed wrap around lens :(

There ares so many different ways to mount the lenses.

Here's just a few ways

An interesting simple way

j9x2xCB.jpg

Personally I hold in place and apply black silicone around to hold it, leave it 24-48 hours and done.

• Like 1