ANH Stunt TK - Latex or Silicone hand guards?

Hey guys,

Got a part of Latex hand guards but they are a little warped and I want to replace them.

I’m worried about getting Latex again in case the arrive warped again. They are also a little stiff and seem to be coming away from the gloves.

Is this something that is common with Latex?

Is a silicone option a better idea?

Would love your thoughts and opinions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How warped are they? Got a picture?

Latex is the more accurate alternative. But it is indeed stiffer. Silicone works well if you're going for an accurate but "idealized" look.

Should you choose to stick with latex but worry they are coming of the gloves, some CA glue should work to hold them down.

6 minutes ago, Locitus said:

How warped are they? Got a picture?

From Ben's EIB app

1939514946_Screenshot_20220114-172256_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c6c84f543d3f1eb802480b20c671d2ab.jpg

439407677_Screenshot_20220114-172241_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5e05ee3b25c2fa1a4965c153c2752b5f.jpg

• Like 1

Hmm. Looks like two issues, yes they are a bit warped, but using cloth gloves wouldn't hold them down very well. Latex handguards more or less requires rubber gloves for the proper look and adhesion. 

When using rubber gloves it's important to use glove liners in cotton or lycra or it will get uncomfortable really quick.

The good thing about silicone is that it is almost indestructible, stays flexible and will never turn yellow.  I sell these (link) but postage is high to the UK (like £17).  I believe Chris from the UKG may be your best bet, though and his run about £25 (shipped).  link here

• Like 1

Hmm. Looks like two issues, yes they are a bit warped, but using cloth gloves wouldn't hold them down very well. Latex handguards more or less requires rubber gloves for the proper look and adhesion. 
When using rubber gloves it's important to use glove liners in cotton or lycra or it will get uncomfortable really quick.

Heya!

My gloves are rubber gloves, not cloth, and I already have cotton liners.

The issue is that the latex itself is warped.

I’ve tried heating it and reshaping it be it hasn’t worked.

The good thing about silicone is that it is almost indestructible, stays flexible and will never turn yellow.  I sell these (link) but postage is high to the UK (like £17).  I believe Chris from the UKG may be your best bet, though and his run about £25 (shipped).  link here

Yes I had seen your run of silicone gloves, it is actually what got me thinking about them as an alternative!

I was worried about postage costs, so thank you for pointing me in the direction of Chris :)

11 minutes ago, Ebio Amisi said:

Heya!

My gloves are rubber gloves, not cloth, and I already have cotton liners.

The issue is that the latex itself is warped.

I’ve tried heating it and reshaping it be it hasn’t worked.

Ah, alright. Well perhaps more glue will keep them down. Otherwise I'm not sure. Hopefully you can reshape them if you try again. Perhaps this video has some tips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4WKYsX6yak

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Locitus said:

Ah, alright. Well perhaps more glue will keep them down. Otherwise I'm not sure. Hopefully you can reshape them if you try again. Perhaps this video has some tips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4WKYsX6yak

Great minds think alike! I had also found that video and my next step was to try my heat gun, so far i had tried very hot water but it didn't seem to have much of an effect.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ebio Amisi said:

Great minds think alike! I had also found that video and my next step was to try my heat gun, so far i had tried very hot water but it didn't seem to have much of an effect.

Best of luck! :)

• Like 1