New guy. Hello. A little help please? Lol

Kenny909

Hey.  Kenny here. I live in Rancho Cucamonga. Bought an ATA trooper

kit almost a year ago and just started last night finally working on it. Started with the helmet.  The ears.  The ears oh my. The hardest part.  Anyways. Nice to meet you all.  Tons of stuff to read in here. Take a look at my ears and tell me if you think they are acceptable or what I should do on the second set I have or if anyone local wants to help out. Or if I should post this somewhere else. Thanks 

9DB6E57C-74CC-4316-A302-53FF69BEE09B.jpeg

0A8BF4ED-EA14-4DC2-8842-FF20D1811AE7.jpeg

4A027B6B-1854-4D02-9734-8621F777A93F.jpeg

E592F36C-2AAD-4FF2-819D-7EA6C76BB669.jpeg

Hello and welcome aboard, normally posting a build thread in this are is a great way to receive feedback https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

Some of the original helmets did have gaps but personally I would try to reduce the gaps a little more, it's all about fine tuning, also adding a step cut out to the top of the ears can help, here are a couple of great threads that may be of help.

• Like 1

Welcome, Kenny, and glad to have you here!  We are here to help every step of the way with your build, so you are doing the exact right thing by posting up pics before permanently attaching the ears.   Can you post up a side view for us?

It looks like you haven't attached the cap to the face plate yet- which is a good thing.  It will make it MUCH easier to cut out the teeth and finish cutting out the eye openings without having it as one piece, as it can get kind of unwieldy.

Keep the questions (and photos) coming and never be shy about asking us anything, especially when in doubt.  We are here for ya', and I look forward to seeing your progress!  :duim:

Hello there, Kenny! I, too, have been working an an ATA kit (for about two years actually). Linked below is a resource compilation thread I initially pulled together for myself and then published for the benefit of other builders. The bottom half of the thread is composed of links to many build and higher-level submissions, many of which are of ATA armor. We look forward to following along on your progress!

• Like 2