WIP New Build - ANH STUNT STORMTROOPER

Blastoderm

Hi, 

Just opening my WIP post. Having read the getting started info and details or armour providers, at this point, I think the kit by Authentic Props looks like my best option. 

I have no building experience, and want to get going ASAP, having a 20+ year interest in membership / trooping; so am currently intending to go with the fully built option.

I'm just over 5 foot 6 inches, with 30 inch waist and 150lbs, so again, based on what I've read so far, I think this kit might be my best option?

Really happy to hear any opinions / advice. 

Best,

Blast.

AP is a solid choice and Mark does a good job with the builds. The kit should fit you fine. I’m not sure if Mark will trim for your exact size. Some parts may be a bit long - but these can be easily trimmed down. You might find the midsection (ab, butt, and kidney parts) to be a bit large, but you can always add padding to these pieces.

Hello!

I cannot speak on behalf of AP kits.....but I have never heard anything bad about them. Your measurements are not too different from mine. I am barely 5 foot 7, with a 32-inch waist and 153 pounds. I made a Walt's Trooper Factory kit that I was able to size to my body with very little trimming for height. A little bit more work went for reshaping and trimming for circumference. Also having an RS kit, Walt's kit is a lot smaller than the RS. I am very certain Walt's TK kits are among the naturally smaller sizes out there. Whatever you pick, there is literally a legion of people here who will be more than happy to assist you. I appreciate all the help I received when I worked on mine. 

***missed the part where you wanted a fully built kit***

The only advice I have for you is do not go for the RS full commission. It will not fit you properly right out of the box. They do not adjust the torso to your body measurements. I was swimming in my commission RS kit when I took it out of the box. 

Edited by Lord_Potato

Hello and welcome aboard, here are a few build threads for the shorter trooper

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38416-crickets-rs-stunt-build-for-the-vertically-challenged/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38842-fragarocks-rs-stunt-build-not-to-scale/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42868-sha-shas-wtf-anh-stunt-build-complete/

There are also a lot of AP build threads, just check the titles of the build area threads, most with have makers initials in the title.

Good luck with the build

Welcome! You have a fun road ahead. I built an AP kit almost 18 months ago to Centurion. It was my first ever build, but Mark (at AP) is happy to provide advice and there is also a tonne of advice and tips to be found from folks here and in their build threads. Have fun and never be afraid to ask questions

Sent from my Imperial Communicator

• Like 2

There are load of troopers that have achieved Centurion level with AP kits.  I have an AP kit and I am extremely happy with my experience communication with Authentic Props and completing the kit itself.  Just like Mark, my AP kit was also my first ever build, I found lots of build threads from fellow AP troopers and everyone provides plenty of help and useful feedback.  I spent a long time looking through the different armour makers, and made the decision to go with AP.  My experience Authentic Props:-

Excellent and quick communication/response time 

Not long wait time 

Accurate in detail

Durable in strength (will last a very long time and many, many troops)

A good straightforward build 

Eventually when my armour needs replacing in the distant future, I will be going with AP again.

Good luck buddy, the FISD will help you every step of the way.

• Like 1

Welcome, Damien!  Having a set of armor commission built is certainly an option, but building one yourself has advantages as well.  The vast majority of us (myself included) had zero experience in this sort of thing when we first decided we wanted to become a TK, and yet thousands have done it successfully.

Going the DIY route does take time and patience, but you know the fit will be perfect in the end and it will be something to be proud of.  And, if you ever need to adjust or fix anything you won't have a problem as you know how it's put together!  You also have an incredible resource on a local level with the fine folks in the UK Garrison, who I am sure will be happy to assist you.

With either option you choose we are here to help every step of the way, so never be shy about asking questions.  It's what we do!

• Like 1