TK-19984 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB status (RWA) (1040)

Mandatory Information:

Armour Maker - RWA
Helmet Maker - RWA
Blaster Maker - Shear Tech

Optional Information

Full Name - Ben Connolly
Height - 183cm
Weight - 91kg
Boot Maker - Imperial Warfighters
Canvas Belt Supplier - RWA
Electronics - n/a
Hand Guard Supplier - Imperial Warfighters
Holster Maker - RWA
Neck Seal - RWA

Edited by Ebio Amisi
Spelling Error in Title
  • Like 1

• Ebio Amisi changed the title to TK-19984 Requesting EIB for ANH Stunt TK (1040)
  • Chemi changed the title to TK-19984 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB status (RWA)

"Apologies in advance - Imgur seems to have uploaded almost every image either upside down or to the side".

I hope you don't mind, but I rotated/edited some of your photos to make them easier to see..(hope you don't mind). :D  I just added some new information on rotating images in my thread here.  It's really easy, and this way you can edit them for your next submission!   ;)

• Like 1

Looking sharp, by the way!  Unfortunately the shoulder bell decal will need to be removed (for now).  I know these are popular in the UKG, but since they were not seen onscreen they are not permitted when applying for higher levels of approval.  Afterward you can put another one on!

Side note:  You don't have to get suited up, just post some updated photos of the fronts/sides of the bells.

8h2W1JU.jpg?2

"Apologies in advance - Imgur seems to have uploaded almost every image either upside down or to the side".

I hope you don't mind, but I rotated/edited some of your photos to make them easier to see..(hope you don't mind).   I just added some new information on rotating images in my thread here.  It's really easy, and this way you can edit them for your next submission!   

Sure no problem!

Are there any images missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking sharp, by the way!  Unfortunately the shoulder bell decal will need to be removed (for now).  I know these are popular in the UKG, but since they were not seen onscreen they are not permitted when applying for higher levels of approval.  Afterward you can put another one on!
Side note:  You don't have to get suited up, just post some updated photos of the fronts/sides of the bells.

8h2W1JU.jpg?2

Sure thing - will take it off and upload shortly - is there anything else that I need to fix?

Not the biggest of deals by any means, but you may want to consider bringing down your canvas belt in the back about 2 or 3 cm.  As seen in the reference images, most (but not all) wore them closer to the bottom of the kidney plate for a more horizontal look.  Normally I do not suggest this as many times it causes the top of the posterior plate to protrude out, but you were very wise to add Glen's V-tabs so that shouldn't happen.  It will also help close up the gaps on the bottoms of the kidney/chest connection. ;)

WrvXBAe.jpg  GairG50.png?1      TtgDfEz.png?2                   q2QRHP8.jpg?1  dOkvRNH.jpg?1  MFVe4bc.jpg?1 tNfDEZM.jpg?1

Not the biggest of deals by any means, but you may want to consider bringing down your canvas belt in the back about 2 or 3 cm.  As seen in the reference images, most (but not all) wore them closer to the bottom of the kidney plate for a more horizontal look.  Normally I do not suggest this as many times it causes the top of the posterior plate to protrude out, but you were very wise to add Glen's V-tabs so that shouldn't happen.  It will also help close up the gaps on the bottoms of the kidney/chest connection. 

WrvXBAe.jpg  GairG50.png?1      TtgDfEz.png?2                   q2QRHP8.jpg?1  dOkvRNH.jpg?1  MFVe4bc.jpg?1 tNfDEZM.jpg?1

Heya!

Thanks for coming back to me on this - yes I had noticed the ammo belt was a little high in the pictures but didn’t know if it would be a problem as it was a dressing issue rather than a build issue.

Should I suit up again with the belt in the right place and then upload new pictures?

Edit: realized you had been complimenting my use of v-plates, not saying I needed some *facepalm*

3 hours ago, Ebio Amisi said:

Heya!

Thanks for coming back to me on this - yes I had noticed the ammo belt was a little high in the pictures but didn’t know if it would be a problem as it was a dressing issue rather than a build issue.
The actual ABS ammo belt is perfectly placed (covering the center of the bottom button)!

UFUp8B4.jpg?2

Should I suit up again with the belt in the right place and then upload new pictures?

If it's not too much trouble that would be fantastic!  It would also give you the chance for a crazy action shot:P

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ebio Amisi said:

Sure thing - will take it off and upload shortly - is there anything else that I need to fix?

FYI you will need to supply another action photo now that you have removed the UKG branding as once approved the action image is used for the Expert Infantry Honor Gallery

• Like 2

Cool beans - will get kitted up again tomorrow after work.

To be honest, I’ve only worn the armour 4 times in total since it has been finished - so I could use the practice!

Is there anything else I should consider for the next kit up?

Also any suggestions for the action shot?

7 minutes ago, Ebio Amisi said:

Cool beans - will get kitted up again tomorrow after work.

To be honest, I’ve only worn the armour 4 times in total since it has been finished - so I could use the practice!

Is there anything else I should consider for the next kit up?

Also any suggestions for the action shot?

If it was me I'd do all new photos kitted up, it will complete your application rather than using some with the logo still on. Also note any comments already made as well as check for gaps and position, this image your drop box is on an angle. You find at times the photographer doesn't know what to look out for, having a mirror handy can help you spot any potential issues ;) 

yDnMI8y.jpg

You also have a bigger gap at the bottom of your ab/kidney sides, if you could even those out would look better. Appears the top of the kidney is overlapping the ab in this image.

ijBcZ53.jpg

Action photo pose is entirely up to the individual, you could look through the EI gallery to see what others have done 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ebio Amisi said:

Would love your opinion on which you think is best :)

3 looks great :duim:

• Like 1

Hi Ben, and thank you for your EIB application! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team.  Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

First of all, congratulations, you have great armor. Great job!!!:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Let's start from the top.;)

-We are suggesting that you move the bottom of the right ear(the left is almost perfect:duim:) toward the back a bit. Ideally, as seen in the reference images the angle should follow the rear angle of the trap above them, and the center of the round part at the top, should sit directly below the brow line(ideally covering the overlap join of the cap/faceplate).

Reference images

wRiBrot.jpg       O0fizNK.jpg                               Pug0tDU.jpg     hIklNB7.png?1     UnMbAZ6.jpg?1

-Your helmet looks like it's a little high. For more accuracy (and perhaps also to improve your field of vision a bit), you could remove some padding from the top to lower it a bit. 

Reference images

kgNpEij.jpg                          cn45Imf.png     lWN15kU.png

-The corners of the ab-button plates, should have an angle of 90 degrees. You may be able to trim them a little. That would be great.:jc_doublethumbup:

Ce6e2HV.jpg     m127GPZ.jpg     0ZVr5JD.jpg

Reference images 

svP1seK.png     IBE3bwY.jpg     l0xzMk7.jpg   

-In addition, for more accuracy, the small ab-button plate could be a little shorter at the bottom.:duim:

Reference images 

LadtWqd.jpg                                     58Lr8vW.jpg        y9CgV8u.jpg      

-About the hand guards, they are acceptable for both EIB and Centurion(they meet the "requirements"). But we think that "ideally" they should be concave and not convex.

Reference images

4Mi44z8.jpg?1         S4lsiaQ.jpg?1  GWTFCqK.jpg?1  EQu63kt.jpg?1  JZlAubR.jpg?2

-Your right thigh seems a little lower than your left. A simple strap adjustment. An easy fix.;)         

Reference images

h4Jgxfr.jpg                         eCJSYE6.png      0p9yQFf.png

***************************************************

Centurion Requirements;

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  Because Centurion photos show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

-L3- All ear screws must be "..slotted, flat-topped, countersunk and painted white".       

The lower screws of the ears could be countersunk to make them more flush. They may need to be straightened a bit as well.

Reference images

DzoYHqL.jpg   hzrJ8kd.jpg                    0vV8Xf7.jpg      zmGqBEq.jpg     3qnaSjn.jpg

-The overall paint job on the helmet is perfect. Very nice job!!!.:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley: .  I would just touch up two lines of the vocoder. It will only take you 30 seconds with a toothpick and some alcohol or other similar product (paint remover), that does not have acetone.

Reference images

wBuMMRY.jpg                    XsO2cGX.jpg      r9ZiSi0.jpg      Hbg4B5K.jpg

-L3: There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.

A quick strapping issue here. If you can, we would like to see the shoulder bells raised to where the tops are closer to the shoulder bridge.  This would help minimize the gap between them and the chest / back plates.:duim:

Reference image 

IUdedQo.jpg       CoguJGt.jpg

-L3: Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor.

The gap is not too exaggerated(valid for EIB), but for Centurion, we would like to see the abdomen and kidney armor, a little closer if possible.  Maybe it's just a matter of tightening the canvas belt.:jc_doublethumbup:.

Reference images
CXU7ELN.jpg     suAQuYU.jpg                  ICtQbll.png   4Le4CZc.png   GrJ3mhS.png

L3 : Three rivets, approximately 5/16"(8mm) diameter, are present on the left side of the abdomen armor.

Unfortunately, we think that the upper ribbets are too far from the edge. You'd need to remove the rivets, drill new holes, and fill the old ones. :blush:

It's a more complicated fix, but it can definitely be done and we're sure you can do it.

Reference images

MCPwsZB.jpg                        NXXr4ys.jpg     CDsKUT1.jpg

Nothing more to add, Ben(#1040:jc_doublethumbup:). We look forward to seeing your Centurion application soon. :salute:

If you need help, you can send us a message to the whole DO team(LINK), we will be happy to help you. 

• Like 1