fleurderys' ANH Stunt Build (AP) + bonus challenges of being a 5'6" lady

fleurderys

On 1/5/2022 at 1:34 AM, Goggytalks said:

The CRL states that none of the squares can be removed ,...

I might be a little late to the party here, but this is inaccurate.  There is nothing in the CRL for the ANH TK regarding the forearms that says anything about the number of squares.  I cut off a few of mine, no problems at all.

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Forearms
Forearms are fully closed.
Overlap construction is only allowable for kits that come with the cover strip molded in to the part.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):
OPTIONAL Level three certification (if applicable):
No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed.
Forearms must be constructed using the butt joint and cover strip method. Overlap construction is not allowed.

For the ANK TK, it's never been an issue for basic through Centurion approvals.

Edited by Cricket
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I took a 3 month hiatus from this project for a variety of reasons, but am finally revisiting.

I trimmed 1 square off the forearms (from the wrist end) as well as some of the width, which made the overall shape a bit more difficult for attaching the outer cover strips, but with some muscling into place, I think I finally got it. ;) 

The torso has been the biggest hang up, but I was recently able to get an in-person second opinion from a fellow garrison member. As other short troopers on here have done, we determined I needed to take some of the height out in the cod piece area (that will be hidden by the belt), and removed an inch from each side of the back kidney plate. I've done some hot water bath shaping and it's still quite boxy and loose in the waist. I'd love it to be more fitted, but I realized today I don't think I can lose any more of the circumference due to female hips!

Will post photos in a bit.

• Like 1