Access denied to some tutorials w/o legion membership

Bubu

Hello folks,

after doing thorough research via this forum I have recently started building my TM TK Kit. The „All-In-One TK ANH Stunt Index of Resources by MaskedVengeance“ has been pretty useful and holds a lot of good links / tutorials. The only problem is 40-50% of the topics are restricted to legion / detachment members only.

So in order to get the help to build a kit, which is a requirement for the membership, you need to have membership first?! Is there a huge brainfart in my logic or did I miss the possibility to get access otherwise? If yes I would be more than happy to be guided in the right direction…

thanks for help and my apologies for any spelling / grammar mistakes, english is not my first language

If there are any tutorials on a particular subject you are looking for just let us know.  I have a few under my avatar below, but as Daniel mentioned, starting a build thread in this area (link here) is the best route.  That way, you can (and should) ask all the questions you like in one place and post up photos of your progress.  Posting photos is especially important if/when you have an issue, and we are here to help every step of the way!!

I was refering to this (very handy) topic:

e.g the link to „thighs assemly“ leads me to a topic that I cannot access. The same with „arm armor assembly“, which is actually the one I wanted to check before starting my arms.

What I know from many other forums on various topics, that it is not appreciated to ask the same questions over and over again, while they were already answered in tutorials. That‘s why I wanted to study those tutorials / pinned threads first and if specific questions come up which are not answered there already, start a build thread.

25 minutes ago, Bubu said:

e.g the link to „thighs assemly“ leads me to a topic that I cannot access. The same with „arm armor assembly“, which is actually the one I wanted to check before starting my arms.

What I know from many other forums on various topics, that it is not appreciated to ask the same questions over and over again, while they were already answered in tutorials. That‘s why I wanted to study those tutorials / pinned threads first and if specific questions come up which are not answered there already, start a build thread.

I get the same thing for those posts as well - I noticed they are both by Pandatrooper.  Not sure if something happened to the posts.  Some of the general builds (see ukwraths Anovos build) cover these more specific topics as well, assuming you can get access to them.

Don't worry about asking questions - there is so much info buried on this forum that we are very used to people asking.  In fact, it is kind of the norm.

The people on the other forums are jerks (just kidding).

FYI since this list was compiled we have been undertaking a forum cleanup, any threads where photos are missing and could not be recovered or links no longer working have been moved to the archive areas, this is possibly why some threads can no longer be seen.

vor einer Stunde schrieb gmrhodes13:

FYI since this list was compiled we have been undertaking a forum cleanup, any threads where photos are missing and could not be recovered or links no longer working have been moved to the archive areas, this is possibly why some threads can no longer be seen.

That explains it, so it‘s a technical issue.

Like I said it would be weird to make information „members only“ that includes tutorials to become a member.

I might start a build thread in a few days. Sadly my build is gonna be paused for the next week because I have to go on a business trip over christmas. But I am already eager to continue my TK

• Like 1

Glen is 100% correct. The archives are for out of date, missing imagery and incomplete posts. That area is not visible to most members, but literally a holding area for the fore mentioned.

As we are not in the practice of deleting it is the best way to attempt to keep such a vast forum a little cleaner.

Other things that can limit access to a small degree is your minimum number of posts (5) Once over the 5 which we use as a Bot or spam check I believe, you gain a touch more viability.