Hello, my name Is Joshua Blackerby, I am new to the forums, Please check out my profile to see what my first order stormtrooper helmet looks like, its the black series I got from game stop.

JoshuaPaulBlackerby

This new helmet came out, at game stop, ebay, amazon, etc, and I saw it at game stop, and my Uncle scott got it for me for Christmas a bit early, I am 21. I was born November 28th, 2000. I had a Birthday this year,. I would like to be apart of the legion, however, I wish to use an affordable costume I can get on ebay, I cannot get it anywhere else, I have no card debit card/credit card, and I don't have the money to get the full set, so, I only have enough to get a downgrade, still, better than nothing, I live in Bedford Indiana, I contacted the bloodfin garrison, hopefully I can attend their events once I get the jumpsuit. Rubies edition, for an affordable price on ebay. Have  a Merry Christmas guys, take care, stay safe, and I look forward to being apart of your community as a fill in, or whatever you want to call it. The helmet is black series, I just want to be a regular member,/guest member, or whatever you guys call it, have a great one!

• Like 2

This here is the costume I am going to purchase. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201939012606

Rubies, stormtrooper first order, I sent my response to the bloodfin garrison, so, I gave them a better idea on what I can be considered as, example, VIP/guest/member, anything you want to call it. I don't mind. I would love to hang out with you guys, take pictures with you, chill, hang out, talk, we are all like a family here, that is what counts and that is what I like, and I enjoy it a lot. I can't make any promises, but, I really hope to attend an event if my dad or uncle scott can take me to one if I knew ahead of time to let them know. Its an affordable costume and I am able to purchase it. So, yeah, it will all work out. :) 

Hello again Joshua unfortunately the costume you show would not gain 501st legion approval, we have a minimum standard of costume which can be found in our CRL's (costume reference library) for first order Stormtrooper versions you can find here:

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_-_First_Order

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_TLJ

Some garrisons won't allow non approved costumes to be worn at events by non members, here in Australia due to insurance issues only members can attend events, I can't speak for every other garrison around the world.

Once you get into a conversation with your local garrison they may be able to help you on your way to becoming a member, as I have said previously this is not a cheap hobby.

Good luck.

Hi Joshua!:salute:

First of all, I'm proud to see that you want to be a part of the 501st. Unfortunately, as Glen rightly says, you will need an armor that meets the requirements.
Another way to help us, is to come with us to events, and help us as support. When we wear our helmets, our field of vision is significantly reduced, and we need people to warn us of potential obstacles in our way (is just an example). 

In addition, you could see better, the type of armor, different manufacturers... And meanwhile, go saving more money, to someday, to be able to parade with us.

Do not give up Joshua!!!:jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 2

Thank you. I won't give up, I just got to remain positive. Its hard to remain positive sometimes. I always try my best, I have been turned down with the bloodfin garrison many times. Like Glen said, its an expensive hobby, you are not wrong there. It will take a lot of saving to get movie replica accurate costumes. The black series should be approved, due to the fact of the tinted lenses, as long as its not rubies, rightfully tit should be 501st approved. Your examples do help, like, I could help, with directions, yes. I can be like a guest, but not dressed up, however, I would at least like to bring the helmet with me, wear regular clothes with it, for I won't be mistaken as a 501st legion member, just the helmet alone will do the trick. I saw some armor venues online, its out of my budget, the shipping, taxes, it feels and seems impossible and an unrealistic goal of mine. I have been wanting to join the 501st for along time, I thought about an honorary membership, but, with the bloodfin garrison, its not possible within the state of Indiana.

Is there a way I can have and be given an honorary membership as an honorary first order stormtrooper if its possible with this detachment? I just need permission to, well, you guys would need to contact your highest ranks, and see if I qualify for an honorary membership or not, if that is possible, that would be great. I can go trooping in my own town, Bedford Indiana, and Mitchell, when I go visit my dad and brother, its extremely likely I can be an honorary member, its just, I got to talk to the right staff and get something figured out, if it can't happen, I understand. No worries at all. I completely understand the reasons.

Hi Joshua, and welcome to FISD.

Unfortunately the Honorary membership program is for the actors, producers, directors and others involved in the movies and TV series of Star Wars and not everyday members.

The only way to join the 501st is through your local garrison, first as a cadet, as the only limitation is members must be 18 years of age and up. You are a cadet until you can build a costume that meets the requirements of the CRL and become fully approved.

This gives you the opportunity to learn how to wrangle (be the eyes and ears of those in costume) yeah visibility is limited and some costumes can be restrictive in movement and uncomfortable.

Many do join and start with a less expensive costume like an Imperial officer costume. Still not without reasonable cost, but it is cheaper than a full accurate First order or even original trilogy Stormtrooper outfit.

The 501st is the definitive Star Wars costuming group, and with that comes a reasonably high standard in costume detail. It is why we are known as the best, and why Disney Lucas Film call on our members to represent them at events and even star as extras in film and TV shows.

It's the fine details we take pride in and why Halloween style costumes don't make the grade.

I wish you well in your journey joining the 501st, it isn't a cheap hobby in general, but you have some more affordable options through different costume choices.

• Like 1