mWpnDPu.jpg

zDsiEuj.jpg

lcJxCMs.jpg

1nr6KrO.jpg

gNBsdos.jpg

Edited by Shinyarmour1
EIB number removed
  • Like 2

• gmrhodes13 changed the title to TK - 43118 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (AP)

Nice work, a couple of photos the DO's like to see are the inside strapping, close up of the front of the sniper plate and also the inside connectors of the thigh ammo strip rivet ;) 

Hi Chris, thank you for your EIB application. It has been added to the processing line.

Meanwhile  could you please add the following photos ?

1- Front of the sniper knee.

2- Inside photo of the thigh ammo pack rivets 

CRL: The rivets used shall be single cap, double cap or split rivets. No pop rivets allowed.

Something like this uNjLo4k.jpg?1    both sides

:salute:

SUPER nice job on this build, Chris!  Lots of great attention to detail, and I am glad to see that you went with the double snap system.. you won't be sorry you took the extra time to do that. :jc_doublethumbup:  One comment on the ear placement, though:

WOW!  You absolutely NAILED it.. B-E-A UTIFUL!

WH7bk3p.jpg  ka4apOz.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

SUPER nice job on this build, Chris!  Lots of great attention to detail, and I am glad to see that you went with the double snap system.. you won't be sorry you took the extra time to do that. :jc_doublethumbup:  One comment on the ear placement, though:

WOW!  You absolutely NAILED it.. B-E-A UTIFUL!

WH7bk3p.jpg  ka4apOz.jpg

Thanks for the compliment Adam and Joseph.  I'm really please how well the ear placement turned out, especially when I look back, I was really nervous about the placement and hoping it would be correctly aligned.  I'm also a perfectionist who is adamant about getting the detail exact.  As for the snaps, I heard about other troopers that had an issue with single snaps popping out during an event.  After reading about that, I decided to go with the double snap system as a fail safe.   Thanks again guys.

• Like 2

On the topic of double snaps, I'd highly suggest you implement them in your shoulder bell tops. Both sides of that strap - the part that connects to the shoulder bridge elastic and especially the snap plate glued into the shoulder bell top. There's a lot of stress and force there and mine (which are indeed double snapped) have managed to break free during a troop.  I've found myself thinking about a third snap in that strap! :laugh1:

And from one perfectionist to another - your vocoder is incredible. I struggled painting mine, and while I'm happy with it, yours looks far superior.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, revlimiter said:

On the topic of double snaps, I'd highly suggest you implement them in your shoulder bell tops. Both sides of that strap - the part that connects to the shoulder bridge elastic and especially the snap plate glued into the shoulder bell top. There's a lot of stress and force there and mine (which are indeed double snapped) have managed to break free during a troop. 

Not to derail your thread here, but Adam is spot on with that suggestion.  On my very first troop my shoulder bell/shoulder bridge connection popped off, so I did 2 on each side.  Overkill?  Maybe, but I haven't had a problem since!

yKJGLNc.jpg?1

8 hours ago, Shinyarmour1 said:

I heard about other troopers that had an issue with single snaps popping out during an event. 

That includes me, and I've been suggesting this ever since I had it happen.  It's a little extra work, but well worth the effort and peace of mind.

22 hours ago, revlimiter said:

And from one perfectionist to another - your vocoder is incredible. I struggled painting mine, and while I'm happy with it, yours looks far superior.

Thanks Adam.  I too struggled quite a bit getting it right, but nothing worth doing is ever easy.

Its funny that you both mentioned this, because after uploading these images, I found that the snaps on the biceps and shoulder bells are holding everything securely in place, but one of the sewn on snaps for the shoulder bridge/shoulder bell connection popped off.  So I have recently sewn on 2 more snaps under the shoulder bridges.  After another test fit and moving my arms around, I found it to be much more secured in place.  Once I pass Expert Infantry, I'll show you the improved connection in the Centurion Request.

Hi Chris, and thank you for your EIB application! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team.  Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Looking at your thighs  section Trooper ,we have a small dressing/ shaping issue. 1st a little even out to the fronts of the thighs, as the gaps are pretty uneven.  we  would recommend lowering the right one . Turning around,  it looks like they are sticking very close to your butt plate and this could make you suffer some armor bites when walking. We suggest to check out the strapping or consider to trim a little the back upper section of your thighs

Reference Images

tjUa8qz.jpg              jZmrCms.jpg?1    uVgrfHj.jpg?1

Reference Images

gi82Mmt.jpg      9uMRHKp.jpg?1     TJ5UiS8.jpg?1

***************************************************

Centurion Requirements;

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  Because Centurion photos show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

First in this section . Even though you have take it in account since your building thread, and probably they moved when you have taken the photos,  you drop boxes need a final adjustment to be in the right place. (a dab of glue is usually the solution)

CRL: Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

Reference Images

VoUw698.png  0NPQoZG.jpg?1             tm7wE8T.jpg?1        QBHFgpK.jpg

As seen in the reference images below, the plate on your TD needs to come down in the back.  The ribbed area should face toward the rear, with the O ring on or near the top.

Reference Images

YO1wnjR.jpg     iOYNSGQ.jpg?3    VeXjroO.jpg

And the last detail is on your blaster ammo counter. it looks like it's located a little back and will need to move forward a bit.

Reference Images

PcDMoJh.jpg    HHquZIS.jpg    r7HHOpt.jpg?1

Congratulations Trooper and looking forward for your Centurion Submission. Well Done !!  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• Like 2

• TKSpartan changed the title to TK - 43118 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (AP) 1039

Thanks everyone, its feels good to know that my hard work is paying off.  I'll get to work on those improvements and sign up for Centurion in the new year  :smiley-sw013:

Nice work on the trading card cover Glen, that looks so cool.

Edited by Shinyarmour1
  • Like 4