Crema’s INC and Plasma Thrower build

crema

11 hours ago, crema said:

So I am guessing since the new Mandalorian version’s pauldron has matching color with armor paint, I should go with the same principle and have the pauldron to be the same red as the armor red even though the in-game model’s pauldron is a bit yellow-er? I do think matching color does look better but since I am particularly going with the game version, I thought I should go with, to be frankly, “uglier” version as that’s just how it was done. 

How does the wine color fabric I linked above look? It’s a bit different from the armor paint color but looks darn close to the game screenshots. Or I can just paint it with the actual red paint I used for the armor so it matches perfectly. 
I will make the sewn line less crisp while changing out the fabric also if that’s needed too. 

I'd steer clear of using paint on a pauldron, paint does not like to be bent and folded and will crack with the slightest bend.

Many already cleared have a slight color difference between the pauldron and armor paint, I would think most use a standard red vinyl and try to match the paint to that, I can't say I've seen anyone who has painted as dark a red as the game armor has. Also note that many would have just purchased a standard red colored pauldron with what was available to purchase, many don't make their own.

At times what can be achieved in the real world opposed to what is seen in a game has to have some leeway and we see this with a lot of game interpretations. 

You can see in the CRL image the color difference between pauldron and armor

454px-TK_incinerator.jpeg

I think with the new Mando version it just made sense to have the coloring the same, it's how it should have been with the game, who knows why they did the game version that way.

3084_IncineratorTrooper_TheMandalorian_4

We only have had a few higher level approved ICN's and many are from a long time ago, most under 200 in the EIB awards, here's a few of those for comparison, NOTE in the earlier ones they also added a curve to the pauldron to match the game and none had stitching, there was even an older thread on how to modify the pauldron to have a curve ;) 

tk12169_icn_01_frontavtup8.jpg

IMG_4627.thumb.webp.4f526f2b7750cd050adf672464af21a3.webp

flamethrowerV2008.thumb.webp.da8daca9b9afc5ede2ddc3870cd491b0.webp

Once again make sure you check with your GML as they will ultimately accessing your costume for approval and they will be going on the current CRL (unless there is an update) and also check with our DO's for higher level acceptance

You would, of course, want to test this on some scrap vinyl, but there's a thing called Textile Medium. It comes in a squeeze bottle like many other acrylic paints and is something you can mix with your own acrylic paint to "dye" fabric. It will be rather stiff, but it shouldn't ever crack and will still be flexible. I've used it on car interior items many times in the past with great success. I painted some vinyl race seat shoulder supports with the stuff and never had it crack after several years of use. Maybe worth checking out.

• 2 weeks later...