UH OH!

So today is my day off work and to be honest i was watching the new animated clone wars show on my computer with my bucket on :P but thats beside the point! i took it off to go get a snack and when i came back and looked at it on the table i noticed it has a little crack on the top!!!!! i don't think it came like that bit its kinda hard to notice unless you really look, so it may have. whats the best method for fixing this? Or should i just leave it as not many people will be looking at the top of my head anyway? personally its going to bug the crap out of me but i can live with it if its not going to get worse.

post-2507-1225217346_thumb.jpg

post-2507-1225217360_thumb.jpg

It almost looks like a deep scratch over a crack. Can you see it from the inside of the helmet? If it is a crack I'd make a cloth patch bigger than the crack, and superglue it to the inside of the helmet. Is almost as strong as a fiberglass patch without the toxic glass resin.

Haha well either way i'd like to fix it!!! its for sure just a surface scratch but i havn't the slightest clue what to do..... never done a thing like this before and this is the first and only part of my armour in progress that i have so far so i have no experiance fixing things or anything along those lines!

Also you'll notice that with the MRCE bucket it has a clear line where the part under the frown is attached, is there any way to smooth that up in an easy way that requires no prior experiance? :rolleyes:

~Brad

post-2507-1225221384_thumb.jpg

You might want to use some plastic polisher, it might make it a little less noticeable. As for modding the MRCE there are a lot of different threads floating around here that you can check out.

For the gap where the frown meets the rest of the faceplate try white silicon sealant (the type used for bathrooms etc) It's pretty straightforward to use and smooth down using a wet finger & it's a good colour match for the MRCE lid

Just take your time and build up layers slowly rather than try and fill the gap in one hit! :D

With my first MRCE I had a slight scratch on the top too, from when I sliced the tape off the top part of the box. I underestimated the distance from the plastic and tape to the lid.

Did you manage to fix it? If so, how?:P i havn't had time to look into repair supplies but i'm planning to this weekend