A sad day for FISD Our dear friend Terrell Reber

Sly11

I am deeply saddened to hear the news. My condolences. He was a stand up guy from my experience buying a helmet kit from him., super kind and helpful.   My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. Buckets off. 

The galaxy's a little quieter now
The planets colors lost their hue
The porg's are singing softly
And the troops are missing you
Each time we see a shooting star
Or a tie fighter soaring by
We’ll think of you in honor
and raise our buckets to the sky....

• Like 5

Just finding out. 

I was fortunate enough to call him my friend, to be one of the first to see his armor, be there with him as he started and have him in my life.  We shared the same eye for detail and got lost in conversation on the details.  Terrell was there when I tried and failed at prop making.  He stuck to it.  He really cared about his craft as well as his customers.  

We walked the floor of Celebration in Florida and handed out buttons and stickers to armor he recognized.  He signed each one he made.  

We both had moments that weekend where we found ourselves fans of the fans, just being overwhelmed and star struck. We hung out with the stars of the saga, and I really remember how excited he was meeting Brain Muir.  He spoke to him on the details of Vader as not only was he a trooper fan, but Vader and Fett as well.  

He had a way of making you feel special. It was like you were his life long friend. Even though I was an ocean away and we met face to face a few times we would talk like we were next door.  As I drifted from the 501st, there was always Terrell, there for a call and we would talk hobby.   I was just thinking I needed to call. 

Then I read the news letter and found my way here.  

I have a set of his armor still in the box. Now it means so much.  I have to get back in the Legion.  I have to troop again. 

For Terrell. 

Dammit.  Really hurting right now. 

• Like 9

Thank you Nathan for your words, and welcome back to FISD.

We are all feeling the loss, and I know exactly what you mean about how he made people feel.

There is no doubt he will be very missed by many, but one thing is for certain, he will never be forgotten, not here, not ever.

• Like 2

Great to see you again Nathan, though I wish it was under a better circumstance.  Thank you so much for sharing those memories.  They are all we have left of a great man and a good friend.

Thank you for posting Nathan I enjoyed reading your memories, it's a great loss I never got to meet him in person but he was always a pleasure to deal with. 

• 2 weeks later...

Eternal Legionnaire post is now up on the legion forums https://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=290&t=109601

Tragically, his wife Tracie has passed last week as well:

https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/23403589/tracie-reber/lapeer/michigan/muir-brothers-funeral-home

I'm just gutted by the news still.

Awful, awful news. My condolences to his family. Losing both parents is rough.

Never had the chance to meet IRL but enjoyed his presence here and around the Legion. Great armor maker as well - I had an issue a few years ago with my Anovos belt, when they were already going down the tube, he sent me rivet covers for free. Not many would go above and beyond like that.

You will be missed brother.

Due to the time of year this has happened, I think the family need some space to grieve first.

Because Terrell was a retired member I am not sure if his home garrison has looked into anything as yet. What I can tell you is I already have the support of other Detachments if we move forward to make something happen to help the family.

I know there are a a lot of troopers out their that would love to give back for the horrific situation, so I will keep everyone informed

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...