Mark's ANH Stunt Build

MarkTKNZ

So, after quite a few evenings spent reading various threads on here, I ordered a kit from RS Propmasters. It only took around 10 days to arrive, despite the horrendous problems we are having with supply lines and shipping at the moment. However, when the BBB arrived last weekend, it looked like it had been thrown out of the back of the plane onto the tarmac. So I took several photos, more than I will post here, then unpacked everything, thankfully no damage was found on the armour :-)U1I7668.jpg

gvq38ov.jpg

A9UsUaI.jpg

7wadbWc.jpg

urlKeP8.jpg

• Like 4

I scavenged a carpet offcut from a jobsite skip, and am using that to protect the top of the table, and figured out which are left, and right hand parts, and gathered some of the necessary tools. I purchased some new clamps, and magnets. I already have most of the other necessary tools in my workshop, or in my tool kit for work. I also purchased the last tube of E6000  that the supplier had in the country.gY0Dvty.jpg

Today, re-watched some of the RS youtube videos, then rough trimmed the return edges on the right bicep, taped together to match the size of the RS original , and tried it on. I think that size will be close, once I final trim and sand the top and bottom edges to my pencil lines.

F3klhPI.jpg

OulA2fH.jpg

7TKMfFE.jpg

Hi Mark,

Where abouts in Kiwi land do you hail from?
I’m from Wellington.

Perhaps you could host an armour party & have some of the local members attend & help you with the TK assembly.

Cheers,
Phil

• Like 1

Congratulations for your BBB Day Mark.  

Take a look to this helpful index and let us know how we can help you. Remember MEASURE TWICE, CUT AND GLUE ONCE !! :salute:

Ask every question you have , post tons of photos and when in doubt, ask and post photos prior to proceed to receive some tips and feedback. 

We are here to help. 

• Like 1

Congratulations on getting your kit Mark. RS is a great set or armor. I have a PVC kit and love it. I found that trimming the kit is not always easy and getting the parts to line up can be a challenge . Just do lots of reference photo checks and ask as you go along. Measure three or four times if you have to. Good luck! Looking forward to seeing you complete your armor! 

I've now tidied  up the return edges & trimmed the right bicep. After much measuring, taping, test fitting, adjusting, and measuring again, I now have the right forearm at the same stage. Next task will be to do the same with the left bicep & forearm.  I'll definitely have to organise an armour party in the new year.

prCoGbx.jpg

hfV1IGN.jpg

ts6Xzs9.jpg

7zHqcwF.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More progress, all the cover strips are glued onto both arms. I saw on other build threads that people had difficulties gluing the front of the forearms due to the width of the clamp jaws, however, I have a solution that worked well: I cut 2 suitably sized pieces from an offcut of form plywood (that has a smooth, hard surface that concrete doesn't stick to, when constructing formwork for concrete buildings etc). That let me get the joint clamped correctly, and the E6000 that squeezes out on the inside, doesn't stick to it strongly...provided the surface is new and has not had wet concrete in contact with it--I found that out the hard way, and have some cleanup to do!

RwEG8ZF.jpg

7jn9SRN.jpg

DBA45ak.jpg

• Like 2

NICE JOB, Mark!  It's up to you, but you may want to trim down the areas shown in the first pic below.   The reason being is that the areas on the top of the forearm can snag on your undersuit or poke into you ("armor bite").  Another thing that (while not a necessity) may be a little more comfortable is to round out the tops of the biceps.  

Although not really needed but is something that I recommend is to put interior cover strips on the seams if you have spare ABS strips.  The most important area to do this is on the front calf connections, as those areas get a lot of wear and tear from being bent out when putting them on and taking them off.

FXq6UTu.jpg       qroIueB.jpg       OdHbhTJ.jpg

Keep those photos rolling in!

• 2 weeks later...

My Trooperbay order arrived--undersuit, gloves, neck seal, holster, belt & rubber hand guards. I've trimmed both thighs, and begun assembling them. I've also done the last bits of trimming on the forearms & biceps. Also, ordered boots & helmet so hopefully they're here when I need them :-)

3dnahBH.jpg

MEQvmeQ.jpg

F0pMWLi.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...