Arm cover strip alignment

Brew12

I have a question about what the best way to align the cover strips on the forearms and biceps. It made sense to me that the cover strips should line up similar to the legs. Then I saw a video someone had done saying that it was more film accurate to not have them aligned. My RS Propmaster commissioned build was exactly like he showed in the video which do not allow the cover strips to be aligned. He did post some screen shots of ANH which seemed to show the RS Propmaster to be correct. For me, it is hard to tell because of the angles involved with the arm bend in relation to the angle the filming was done.

Is there a consensus on what is most screen accurate?  Should the line up when the arms are straight as I have modified mine to, or was it more screen accurate before I modified it?

Screen accurate to which suit? The video you saw might be looking at a different suit. Not all were assembled exactly alike. RS will build to match their original suit that they own though.

I would have kept it as it was.

• Like 1

Most of us build so that the bicep and forearm line up. But yes, many examples from ANH show the forearm rotated out. @CableGuy had a discussion about this on his FB page - you might have seen the reference there. 

Screen accurate or not, GMLs may want to see the strips lined up.  My two cents. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Locitus said:

Screen accurate to which suit? The video you saw might be looking at a different suit. Not all were assembled exactly alike. RS will build to match their original suit that they own though.

I would have kept it as it was.

It is ANH Stunt. Easily modified to go back to how it was. 

I know that RS also puts the top right ear screw in a location that matches their helmet (so low it touches the paint of the rank bar) but it is considered a one off based on the majority of ANH helmet photos from the movie.

It's hard to know if this strapping is another Mr No Stripes or if it is preferred. 

Assembled the cover strips match, it really depends on how your arms are sitting, with arms up the forearm tends to rotate on it's own.

gallery_12157_78_532047.jpg  

gallery_12157_59_18048.jpg

gallery_12157_59_55366.jpg

Here's some RS L3 comparisons, arms down

ytyLUKg.jpg  

0hHBV73.jpg

Notice the more the arms are bent the more the biceps don't align and rotate outwards

gxXiZCT.jpg

40a9b9361e2482378dc9ec9a4cc692b5.jpg

stormtroopers.thumb.png.60a27030eebaf7bc6e684b6bf63d948f.png

• Like 1

Here’s some examples from ANH that highlight the alignment when worn. This appears to be based on the positioning of the elastics within the bicep and forearm.

2b539dc66e1f01f30bff43d0a1451020.jpg
1ac4ed3c6c967f661f5e6d5485a45196.jpg
21e873cc25b856a4af90d87f60b7d3d8.jpg

40cf86614af4571080c46b3037298700.jpg

This is probably the video in question. As always with original trilogy armour, not every suit will be the same. However, there are usually very clear patterns where a majority of suits support a certain feature.

• Like 3