WTF lid info

funkster

I will be posting some pictures here of my WTF TLJ lid.

They will be presented with no comment, but for people to be able to decide if it’s for them

I have already given Walt my feedback via

FBook PM

Next to a Black Series

b5e8b52980bcca0cd61f0ff8ceee303c.jpg

5e3bf8fd3ba3a64a5ddfccb80f86d41f.jpg

Next to an Anovos TFA standard line

2f8b6cc141b428de42bdc75697282dd2.jpg

Clips provided

55394581a5ce0adaabfa2c4da22fb16d.jpg

I have heard from a few that the face plate isn't a great fit. Almost like it's either not wide enough or slightly warped, so when you slot it in from behind you just cant quite get a good fit and alignment.

Ouch, those recessed areas will be a paint to get right.

The brow trim appears recessed which is a little weird (unless there is another piece to go on there)

Here's a comparison from Chris's post of the Propstore screen used helmet and black series

BVyZwCBh.jpg

Ouch, those recessed areas will be a paint to get right.

The brow trim appears recessed which is a little weird (unless there is another piece to go on there)

Here's a comparison from Chris's post of the Propstore screen used helmet and black series
BVyZwCBh.jpg

There is a brow piece to go over, once you have sorted all the pieces to fit
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, funkster said:

Anyone who wants to know more can PM me.

All I will say, is that I have purchased a BS lid to modify

Count yourself lucky. 

It could of been worse. You could of been one of the few (like me) that ordered a "Sanotized Creations" TLJ helmet Kit from SANO from his first run a while back!

Had high hopes for this helmet kit after buying and finishing "Phoenix Props" TFA helmet kit from Derrek but I can't bring myself to finish the TLJ kit as I'm so disappointed and angry with the build quality and finish! The maker even admitted shipping them in a poor unfit state!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TK3645 said:

Count yourself lucky. 

It could of been worse. You could of been one of the few (like me) that ordered a "Sanotized Creations" TLJ helmet Kit from SANO from his first run a while back!

Had high hopes for this helmet kit after buying and finishing "Phoenix Props" TFA helmet kit from Derrek but I can't bring myself to finish the TLJ kit as I'm so disappointed and angry with the build quality and finish! The maker even admitted shipping them in a poor unfit state!

I think this can happen a lot with version one of a makers new helmet, I purchased a "Phoenix Props" TLJ helmet, thing looked like it had been put in a vice, "Mr Squishy Head", luckily I've off loaded it now, still waiting on a promised lens too. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I got a KB one and I'm not extremely happy with the frown and nose, but I think both the WTF and KB buckets are smaller than the ANOVOS/black series... I think I'm going to try completing the KB with modifications mentioned on my build thread, and if I royally mess up, black series modding I go. Thank you @funkster for taking the time and pointing me over here.

• Like 2