TK19984 - Requesting help for EIB / Centurion pre-approval / points of improvement

Ebio Amisi

As I don’t have easy access to 100% acetone (being UK based) and therefore can’t really make ABS paste (also don’t have any spare ABS) - I’ve instead used Sugru to fill the gaps in the armour.

It seems to have worked quite well! Waiting for it to dry before I can say for certain but has anyone else tried this method?

3fad9373240c375aef4d12cbfbdeaa73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great work, a few things to address.
Rotate (shorten clips) the TD so the O can be seen.
isGtOzW.thumb.jpg.e85185f4afbb81a3e1f4263704f34dfe.jpgENBGgGW.jpg?1

Raise belt a touch so the belt is just under or touching the last ab button
OomOwnF.jpg

The top of the ABS belt shall sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical ab button panels.  A slight overlap is suggested, but not required

8XAwYOf.jpg?1  Nvimd6R.jpg?1  N8trEfM.jpg?1

Drop boxes align to end of plastic belt. Also tighten strapping between ab and kidney, a slight gap there:
OPTIONAL Level three certification (if applicable):
  • Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor.

Also corners of the plastic belt should touch the fabric belt
  • Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.
  • The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt.
xE8LvH8.thumb.jpg.65ff3ec87663a537a4a6d0a7c182fbed.jpg

Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

JuwSduC.jpg?1  vo0s2dK.png?1  qwMnIyo.jpg?1  cYrWLyH.jpg?1

Butt plate is overlapping the kidney, adding V tabs may help

Q6j9pfd.jpg.a4117fe435ff0f295150e3df442a353a.jpg

Handplates appear to be curled, are they attached properly to the gloves? You may be able to shorten the gap between the shoulder bells and shoulder straps

M9nO7xJ.thumb.jpg.b0d16f7fb4321dc1f917931a7f45441e.jpg

latest?cb=20130318061027

A little hard to see your blaster, just make sure there is no weathering on the grip or T tracks as they were black plastic  

Vocoder looks a little narrow, top middle

Should be no paint on gums, remove excess

Paint white rim on mic tips (hovi's)

Mvo0vi6.jpg

Mvo0vi6.thumb.jpg.a0caac796fe236b9aee27d7feb32c4ea.jpg

KKZqeB8.jpg?2   IMNaNgw.jpg?2  9ZBQOLM.jpg?3  

rmMCj1s.jpg?1   WYFQFmd.jpg?2

s4AllTr.jpg?1

Belt is on an angle. You may also be able to reduce the gap around the base of your helmet by modding your padding inside the helmet. 

Your neck seal is sticking out on the right side back

Could add abs paste to the gaps between the thighs on lower ridges

isGtOzW.jpg 14104751_isGtOzW(1).jpg.a3050b80f2c3b9983a828883cd5e6930.jpg

E5L7eXO.jpg?1BEY3WIy.jpg?1

Just a few tweaks, also having a mirror handy is great to check for gaps and alignments.

Good luck with EIB, looking forward to seeing your application soon.

Quick question about the thermal detonator.

Using the greeblie circled in blue as a reference point, how far does it need to be rotated? To the red or yellow line?

Cheers!

63f34e2ee778f504aac3bd4834a3be35.jpg

1 hour ago, Ebio Amisi said:

Quick question about the thermal detonator.

Using the greeblie circled in blue as a reference point, how far does it need to be rotated? To the red or yellow line?

Cheers!

63f34e2ee778f504aac3bd4834a3be35.jpg

Hi Ben,

According to the screen references, it should be ok to the red line. If you're planing to take it off and reglue it into the pointed position, I would suggest to post a photo here  first.

V8Z7SNi.png?1

Reference Images  

iOYNSGQ.jpg?3     VeXjroO.jpg   czoLYmX.jpg

:salute:

• Like 2

9762671a15120bd2af1a5626e770905c.jpg

Planned new placement for TD (Wider view)

Old clip is still in same place on the right.

This seems like the right angle to me, but obviously want to make sure I’ve got it correct before I cut off part of the metal and start drilling new holes!

33612a2aa3e39d37355eba13b5ac8811.jpg

It isn’t possible to see in the reference images, but if I rotate the canister that far around, I’m going to have this gap between the control panel on the canister and the metal clip.

Would that be a problem?

The gap isn’t visible unless you are directly above the TD itself.

Also, just as a general point, the CRL doesn’t seem to match the reference images. It says; “the white control panel faces upwards”, which could be read as should be in the position that my TD is current set. Or am I reading the CRL incorrectly?

That should be fine as long as the detonator sits down enough on the belt, as in the images posted above. You don't need to come around a full 45deg, if you notice the 4th image the O is a little higher, keep in mine you want to see the ridge section across the back close to middle.

4th image

YNBRUsc.jpg?1

Also, just as a general point, the CRL doesn’t seem to match the reference images. It says; “the white control panel faces upwards”, which could be read as should be in the position that my TD is current set. Or am I reading the CRL incorrectly?

Correct and if you notice the image of the TD does not have the right gaps either, both of these (and a few other items) are being discussed at present in the detachment only sections for an update :duim:

• Like 1

That should be fine as long as the detonator sits down enough on the belt, as in the images posted above. You don't need to come around a full 45deg, if you notice the 4th image the O is a little higher, keep in mine you want to see the ridge section across the back close to middle.
4th image
YNBRUsc.jpg?1

Correct and if you notice the image of the TD does not have the right gaps either, both of these (and a few other items) are being discussed at present in the detachment only sections for an update :duim:

Awesome :)

Thank you for all your help with this!

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 7:19 AM, Ebio Amisi said:

As I don’t have easy access to 100% acetone (being UK based) and therefore can’t really make ABS paste (also don’t have any spare ABS) - I’ve instead used Sugru to fill the gaps in the armour.
It seems to have worked quite well! Waiting for it to dry before I can say for certain but has anyone else tried this method?

Looking GREAT, Ben.. NICE WORK! 

I must mention something about using the Sugru for those gaps, though, and it's just one word:  GENIUS!  I swear by this stuff, and it never dawned on me until now how perfect the white version would be to use for that purpose.  MUCH easier than making ABS paste!

• Like 1

Looking GREAT, Ben.. NICE WORK! 
I must mention something about using the Sugru for those gaps, though, and it's just one word:  GENIUS!  I swear by this stuff, and it never dawned on me until now how perfect the white version would be to use for that purpose.  MUCH easier than making ABS paste!

Cheers dude!

b6027d9b88602c660e84473220a198a9.jpg

Ok so last thing I’ve got to sort is the hand guards.

This is the extent of the curve on them at the moment.

It is only visible from the side really.

They are glued correctly and made of white Latex.

I’ve heated them in hot water and I’m trying to flatten them out.

If I can’t get the curve out, will this stop me passing EIB and Centurion?

In a perfect world they should lie concave against the glove and not convex like the ones you have.  Will it stop you from higher levels?  Not at all.

xIF87bF.jpg?1    cGt94Ya.jpg?1  zj1U6T0.jpg?1  18uluFD.jpg?1  S1s5oSP.jpg?1

In a perfect world they should lie concave against the glove and not convex like the ones you have.  Will it stop you from higher levels?  Not at all.

xIF87bF.jpg?1    cGt94Ya.jpg?1  zj1U6T0.jpg?1  18uluFD.jpg?1  S1s5oSP.jpg?1

Awesome - it’s on my list of things to fix/improve but it sounds like I have got to a point where I can apply for EIB and Centurion!

Thank you all for all your help and advice.

I’ve been blown away by how amazing this community is.

Will take photos and submit my EIB application shortly :)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ebio Amisi said:

Awesome - it’s on my list of things to fix/improve but it sounds like I have got to a point where I can apply for EIB and Centurion!

I’ve been blown away by how amazing this community is.

Will take photos and submit my EIB application shortly :)

The D. O Team will be ready to assist you Sir. :salute:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ebio Amisi said:

I'm so happy to see another person strive for excellence! It feels good to know you gave 100+% to your armor, it feels good to troop with others that take pride in their armor... but... it feels especially good to know you don't look like a store bought Halloween costume or costumed panhandler. :)

• Like 1